[UPDATE]random push notifications

1. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jul 1, 2019

2. Benni184 Eclair Jul 1, 2019

3. kanagaraj1010 Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

kanagaraj1010, Jul 1, 2019 :
    I contacted one plus team and said the issue 4 hrs back and one plus gave a statement regarding that issue occurred
    I have been used apple Samsung device but one plus gave a quick reply while comparing to other brands really loving OnePlus [e]1f60d[/e]

Benni184 likes this.
  4. adelrabih Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

5. anesh007 Honeycomb Jul 1, 2019

lijop likes this.
  6. anasmhds Eclair Jul 1, 2019

7. TheMysticalShaman Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

TheMysticalShaman, Jul 1, 2019 :
    My OnePlus 7 Pro was spazzing on notifications. Notification sound repeating over and over. No notification showing up. Just the notification sound. I had to put my phone on do not disturb. The repeating notification sound was a bit much. Notification sound stopped. However, it vibrated continually. It has stopped after about 10 minutes. I don't know what happened. Just me or other oneplus 7 pro smartphones affected. I will turn off do not disturb. Hopefully, it won't spaz with repeated notification sounds. Couldn't turn it off either. No notification message. Oh well.

8. TheMysticalShaman Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

TheMysticalShaman, Jul 1, 2019 :
    My OP7P is still spazzing. Every once in a awhile. The notification sound repeats for no apparent reason. Right now. Working fine. Could this problem stem from the erroneous push notifications earlier causing this problem?

9. creepa07 Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

RandomDude66613 likes this.
  10. creepa07 Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

11. TheMysticalShaman Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

12. SayMyName Jelly Bean Jul 1, 2019

13. RandomDude66613 Gingerbread Jul 1, 2019

14. F_Tyronne_QgGc Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

F_Tyronne_QgGc, Jul 1, 2019 :
    Hi,

This is happening again (9AM 2/7/19 NZT). Few things to note.

1. If this really is an internal error, how could this occur a second time within one day?
    2. I contacted support and was advised the team was testing the issue out. If this were true and developers needed to push a message as a test, surely they would edit the text to "this is a test" or something, rather than using the same gibberish from yesterday? Lack of transparency breeds distrust - important.

Security concerns in this day and age can bring down a company. Especially as OnePlus is manufactured by BBK, many may believe backdoors are implemented by Beijing.

Personally, I can understand these issues arise however the most disappointing experience from this is your Support Chat trying to brush it under a rug. Both occurrences support have advised "nothing to worry about, just ignore".

I do not accept this. You cannot throw your hands in the air and say "$h1t happens". Most of all we should be kept in the loop. I have been a long time fan of OP ever since I got my first invitation and have been very loyal. However, after not having to contact support for many years, it seems the "for the community, by the community" approach is completely gone. Extremely disappointing.

15. Dbozeman81 Cupcake Jul 2, 2019

Dbozeman81, Jul 2, 2019 :
    I agree, they are literally running customers away.

16. TheMysticalShaman Gingerbread Jul 2, 2019

TheMysticalShaman, Jul 2, 2019 :
    It would take a lot more than a small mistake to drive me away from OnePlus. I might be a bit miffed if my OP7P cannot easily be cast to the upcoming OnePlus TV. Hopefully, a dock to place the OP7P Pro to connect with the OnePlus TV with an OxygenOS update designed to connect the OP7P to the OnePlus TV.

17. Luke28 Donut Jul 2, 2019

Luke28, Jul 2, 2019 :
    I was half asleep and on my way to work saw it for a second then cleared it..... I wanted to get a screenshot of it lol.

18. mov2day Cupcake Jul 2, 2019

19. kanagaraj1010 Gingerbread Jul 2, 2019

20. George_Arwnis Cupcake Jul 2, 2019