Update to the OxygenOS Codebase and Software Maintenance Schedule

1. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 2, 2021 :
    Lol before you even freak remember they said oxygen os will always remain the firmware outside china. Hence china will continue to be color os. That is self explanatory. Worry less over merging of codebase because you won't even know

2. pa1.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2021

pa1. , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 2, 2021 :
    Yes their optimization with the new Android 11 was very poor. Overheating phones as compared to Android 10 . Hope they release their kernel sources so that we could see alot of custom roms.

yoallen78 likes this.
  3. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 2, 2021 :
    1. Unlock bootloader
    2. install custom Recovery
    3. Root
    4. Enjoy Lineage OS and over 100 of custom android will be smiling down on you. With nightly updates.

5. The fun does not die with OnePlus Oxygen os only. When they stop pushing official OTA, you still have hope. That's why we love OnePlus, they don't frown on rooting & bootloader unlock and the Device support goes a million miles down the XDA development line. What more could you wish for?

4. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 2, 2021 :
    That's true. Everyone is frowning at them for this matter.

yoallen78 and McJader like this.
  5. seansandhu
    Froyo Jul 2, 2021

seansandhu , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 2, 2021 :
    DJ Steps

I would rather step over your advice.

Fanboi - get out of your bubble. Maybe take baby STEPS.

Chris507 likes this.
  6. pa1.

It's only Opinion.Look Evey software has its own SDLC , OxygenOS has its own source code written in probably C and with some assembly and C++ . They say they are trying to integrate the codebase with each other what I understood is that the color OS also has its own source code as for example kernel (some models might use same SoC) so rather than using the oxygenOs they might use the source code for the colorOS . So in time they both share same codebase(same source code used to compile the OS) .#opinions

7. NarzOo
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2021

8. pa1.

Haha , he just seems to be simping to OnePlus I guess.

Chris507 and seansandhu like this.
  9. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 2, 2021 :
    Then how does that translate into UI and user base experience? What is changing? What isn't? As long as it's Fast & Fluid what should be your worry? Is color os that bad?

10. 1+PremWani
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2021

11. 1+PremWani
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2021

1+PremWani , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 2, 2021 :
    It has

12. seansandhu likes this.
  13. seansandhu
    Froyo Jul 2, 2021

Chris507 likes this.
  14. pa1.

Look what separates OnePlus from other brand is OxygenOS , if it's not unique what the hell would we buy it , I would have gone to oppo with the half of thousand of dollar if I wanted coloros. We student cannot buy phones everytime they pop a new series , I felt being cheated as they didnt delivered a bugfree os . It's a billion dollar company. Look you have your opinion I get that but democracy baby , look at the people. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE SATISFIED WITH HOW THINGS ARE HANDLED. You like Color OS it's okay. But with the way OnePlus is heading it's loosing many customers. Apple and Samsung sales will boom.

Chris507 likes this.

15. fluxx
    Froyo Jul 2, 2021

fluxx , Jul 2, 2021 :
    What does this mean for the upcoming and promised update for the OnePlus 6? Is the open beta release still on track for late August '21 as promised?

16. TreyDea
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2021

17. pozxeidon
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2021

pozxeidon , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 2, 2021 :
    Im a op 7t user tbh in my entire life I never gonna trust this company in my life this company betrayed his own customers that's what they are are doing not to update the old phones and force others 7 series user's to buy 8 or above phone In my entire life will never go on one plus option and I know this company gonna end soon like nokia in the end of the year

18. iTarifP6
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2021

iTarifP6 , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Jul 2, 2021 :
    (Note: Flagship devices released prior to the OnePlus 8 series will follow the previous schedule of 2 major Android updates and 3 years of security updates. Software update plans for carrier versions will follow the requirements of our carrier partners.)
    Remarkable 🤔

19. Herbiv4
    Donut Jul 2, 2021

Herbiv4 , Jul 2, 2021 :
    Well, as the owner of a OnePlus 7T Pro, I think that my next smartphone is going to be a Samsung. Thanks for cutting me off when there was no need to do so. Very disappointed is putting it mildly. 😖