Artemus. , Sep 15, 2021 :
    Android 12 isn't even available yet.

Dresa91 likes this.
  4. Ultradyong
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2021

5. lxkarthi
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2021

lxkarthi , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    I'm new to OnePlus and I already can visibly see new ColorOS on Nord 2 is way behind original OxygenOS.
    For example, why is OnePlus dialer & messaging going away? said:
    Few settings in old OnePlus is missing in ColorOS settings app.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021

6. S1599112582517
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2021

S1599112582517 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Did ColorOS kill your phone yet?
    OnePlus phones will be using Google Dialer and Messaging app from on.

7. BIGJ541
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2021

BIGJ541 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Well I'm very happy to hear this . I we're starting to worry that I might have to switch over to a pixel 6 and really hope to see material you implemented into Android 12 oxygen OS. I've been a long-term user from OnePlus all the way back to the OnePlus One and plan to stick around as long as the software and everything maintains to be the quality that I'm used to thanks for listening to your users unlike many other phone companies out there. Looking forward to see where this next step of evolution takes one plus in all of us with you.

8. lxkarthi
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2021

lxkarthi , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Not killed yet. But I guess, it's upto the update team.
    The problem with Google dialer is that it does not provide a way to use 4G video call instead of Google Duo. Duo needs the dialed number to have Duo account. And this app is not under control of OnePlus. It's a serious issue. Not user experience problem.

9. S1599112582517
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2021

S1599112582517 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Waah! Quiet useful😜😂. Nowadays most of the phones come with Google Dialer and Messaging app so OnePlus has to adapt like every other brand does , so bring some valid ideas . If u want OnePlus dialer then u can sideload it.

10. Suresh07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2021

11. lxkarthi
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2021

lxkarthi , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Honestly Google dialer and messaging app are so legacy.
    * Messaging app doesn't show which SIM received the sms. * said:
    Google dialer doesn't have swipe to move to next page (contacts or favourites or recents), or swipe to call.
    Google is trying to push Google Duo with its dialer, ignoring that network might suport video call. They don't even provide a way to customize it.
    There are much more practices I could find by Google, which forces people to buy newer phone. (Example, latest Google Meet apk is supported from Android 6.0, but they don't provide that update to Android 6.0, or 7.0 in playstore forcing common people to upgrade their phone. Pandemic forced a lot of people to attend classes via phone and they have to upgrade because Google doesn't provide an update that it is supposed to do).
    This is why I'm not in favor of Google apps.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021

12. S1599112582517
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2021

S1599112582517 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Knowing all this then why did you buy OnePlus, you should have gone for Samsung. To be noted they are not going to change the Google Dialer and Messaging app.
    If u r not in favor of Google then go for iOS or Samsung , because most of the others are starting to use Google Dialer and Messaging app.

13. lxkarthi
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2021

lxkarthi , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    I didn't know this before buying OnePlus. Ofcourse I researched and heard that OnePlus has its own dialer. But they replaced it now in newer android versions, which I didn't know. No reviewers mentioned it. Honestly how could anyone be able to find it until using the phone?

It's not possible to look at all the things you take for granted with old phones or android versions.

Samsung is bloatware heavy, not a fan from beginning. Earlier I used Redmi phone, amazing step up from motorola (stock android). But going back to Google apps in OnePlus seems like a step down.

I understand users like pure bloatware free phone, that shouldn't come at the expense of feature. I do like bloatware free phone.

Now since most players are going to use OnePlus and India being major Dual SIM users, there should be push from OnePlus side to fix these missing features in Google Dialer and messaging that they once had. Don't you agree?

14. S1599112582517
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2021

S1599112582517 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 19, 2021 :
    said:
    Dear Xiaomi user, even latest Poco and some Redmi are using Google Dialer so please stop if u want OnePlus dialer app then watch this video and u can sideload OnePlus Dialer app if u want .
    https://youtu.be/-97hHcvXe34
    Also one more thing OnePlus doesn't fix Google Dialer app for Google.

Chris1223 likes this.
  15. lxkarthi
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2021

lxkarthi , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Okay!
    "Dear Xiaomi user" - what does that mean?

I have tried the OnePlus dialer app too. It has serious limitations mentioned in the video.

I didn't ask OnePlus to fix. I said, it can push (influence) Google to fix it for everyone, since now OnePlus uses it too in all their phones. If it is an open source app, I would contribute missing features & fixes ofcourse.
    (Kudos to OnePlus for making kernel opensource)

Since most phones today are dual SIM, it makes sense to ask for features from phone manufacturer side, and fixes would be quicker.

16. S1599112582517
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2021

S1599112582517 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 19, 2021 :
    It's has serious like every sideload app. OnePlus can't do anything about. If u want Google Dialer to have new features mail them your suggestions.

17. Chris1223
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2021

Chris1223 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 19, 2021 :
    OnePlus can't tell Google what to do with there app anymore then you or I can (I have been giving Google feedback on Gmail notifications and email signatures for over 6 years and they still haven't fixed it). What is so special about the old dialer that you want a outdated buggy app? It is easier for a phone developer to use apps that are already available to them then building their own and in the long run is less buggy as well. It has also been publicly talked about in the community and in online reviews that OnePlus had moved to the Google dialer and contacts. Failure to do your research is not the fault of OnePlus or others in this community. The community at times can be very forgiving and point people to duplicate posts or to resources to help solve there issue but to then be rude to them may make it so they're not so quick to help you in the future.

S1599112582517 and Dresa91 like this.
  18. lxkarthi
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2021

lxkarthi , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 19, 2021 :
    Thank you for being kind.

I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just citing missing features which used be present in old android versions of OnePlus phone itself.

This has been repeatedly mentioned in many of the OnePlus community posts (sounds rude sometimes). "Do the research before buying OnePlus". I did extensive research (really). As I have mentioned, it's not always possible to research into all the details. For example, showing SIM number in the received sms. I don't think any review is covering this. Google messages is missing this feature. This is one of the reasons why I would like old messages app back.
    (It's great to hear that You have been giving feedback to Google for 6 years. I do too. I have left reviews mentioning all above points. Problem is that with millions of users giving reviews and feedback, useful feedback will get lost in the system. I thought OEMs have some sort of continuous communication with Google!)

All I'm looking for is to solve the problem but don't loose on important features. I see 2 solutions, 1. Use old app that had the features. 2. Somehow make the owner of the new app to add that important feature.

I tried old app. Buggy, but works. Some other features are not working. I'm not complaining.
    Even if OnePlus provides an updated version of old app without bugs in playstore, that will be a great solution too. (suggestion).

For second solution, since OEMs moved to Google Apps, they have more stake. Circumstances changed now. Is it possible for OnePlus to ask Google to add few features in their messages app?

I understand the Community is very helpful. Will try to be more gentle.

Chris1223 likes this.
  19. Chris1223
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2021

Chris1223 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 19, 2021 :
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the SIM number in the SMS message. I personally don't use Google messages either I use the signal app that way I can send SMS messages but if somebody else has signal it sends it encrypted. I would think putting the SIM number in an SMS message would cause privacy issues but I'm not exactly sure I understand what's going on.

20. lxkarthi
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2021

lxkarthi , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 20, 2021 :
    Not the phone number or SIM number. Dual sim phones have 2 SIMs. If a message is received in SIM1, the message shows "SIM1" at the beginning of the message in OnePlus messages app. In Google messages, it's not shown anywhere. Similarly it happens for SIM2 as well.
    Since the messages app shows sms received in both SIMs together, it should show which SIM received it. It won't show phone number. Just "SIM1", or "SIM2".