[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. F1509621679486 Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

F1509621679486, Mar 29, 2018 :
    its like you don't even read the forums from the app that you god damn created ,no body complained about the screen it was perfect EVERYONE wants a new software for the camera with machine learning like Google ,check ur own god damn community app but i guess your head is stuck at apple forums.

F_Kuntal_Roy_IQcV likes this.
  2. The Joker Lollipop Mar 29, 2018

The Joker, Mar 29, 2018 :
    Did you buy the 5 ?
    iPhone style camera placement.

3. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 29, 2018

youbi, Mar 29, 2018 :
    Yep, and then have an op5/t and complain about the notch looking an Iphone copy...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

Rick Manders likes this.
  4. G_Arnav_Kalita_kpOp Eclair Mar 29, 2018

G_Arnav_Kalita_kpOp, Mar 29, 2018 :
    oh come on Pete you are giving an explanation for the 'Notch' as if it was your innovation. Why don't you bluntly say that you copied Iphone X and you are blindly following the 'Notch' trend. I seriously believed you are a company which truly listens to the community of tech enthusiasts, which is why im a proud OP3 user. But this time you have let us down Oneplus. I truly mean it. I was desperately waiting for the OP6. But i'll switch to a 'non-Notch' alternative

docbabloo, Sargo and F1509621679486 like this.
  5. hugoaferreira Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

Scherpenseel and Bouncer71 like this.
  6. G_Drig_Shrivastava_VLzi Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

7. DrDaxxy Froyo Mar 29, 2018

DrDaxxy, Mar 29, 2018 :
    OP implies there will be no option to globally hide the notch:

Can we get an official statement on whether there's going to be an option to hide the notch in all apps, portrait and landscape, as in the GIF @youbi posted?

(...not that it would do much good if the display's IPS. That's a thing we'll also need to know.)

8. gcocucci Marshmallow Mar 29, 2018

gcocucci, Mar 29, 2018 :
    Simple solution. Oneplus 5t. Great phone with excellent screen to body ratio

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

9. The Joker Lollipop Mar 29, 2018

The Joker, Mar 29, 2018 :
    :eek: that is my phrase

But indeed.. nobody complain last year about the iPhone styled back and camera placement

Rick Manders likes this.
  10. Andrewshiu Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

Andrewshiu, Mar 29, 2018 :
    Don't do it, please just don't do it. I've been a fan and an advocate of OnePlus since OP2, managed to convince no less than 10 of my closest friends to switch to your brand. Not only is the notch hideous, but there is no way in hell anyone can distinguish the OP6 from iPhone X if you go down this road. I will INSTANTLY lose all my respect for what your brand have stood for all these years and will tell everyone around me to not even remotely consider your products (I'm already doing this with the utterly disgraceful Asus Zenfone 5z). You may not care about losing me as a customer (what can one pissed off customer do to your bottom line) but I'm sure there are plenty of people here who share my sentiment.

Sorry for the rant, I honestly want to remain loyal to OnePlus and hope you can make that job easier for me. You have always been better than that garbage fruit brand so please do not stoop to their level.

Andrew

11. pinto123 Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

pinto123, Mar 29, 2018 :
    Soon OxygenOs will be replaced with IOS... Due to lack of innovation and ignorance. OP will become a quality cheap copy of iphone11.

docbabloo likes this.
  12. i.ranatunga Donut Mar 29, 2018

i.ranatunga, Mar 29, 2018 :
    if i'm gonna buy a notched phone, it's gonna be only the iPhone X since it's the only phone that gives a meaningful and excuse-less notch.
    I don't like Samsung because the experience i had with it is bad. But seems like they are doing great job without adopting useless things to their designs.
    I thought OnePlus is community's phone. I'm so wrong. I bought 5T recently. So Bye Bye OnePlus. 5T is my first and last.

13. F_Kamrul_Hassan_IhBN Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

14. j0k3rip Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

j0k3rip, Mar 29, 2018 :
    I dont mind the notch, it aint that bad. But would be great if no bezel at the bottom screen.

Even if we are disagreeing, smartphone design and tech will go thru this notch phase until somebody can produce front facing camera underneath the display glass or whatever. For now, it will be the battle of who has the smallest notch. So lets enjoy this historic moment where one day we will say "Yeah, we use to own a phone with a notch.."

RIP Top Bezel.

docbabloo and The Joker like this.
  15. suzwon Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

16. Diogo Costa10 Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

Diogo Costa10, Mar 29, 2018 :
    There's Xiaomi with the mi mix 2s for now.

17. suzwon Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

18. Tommy92tc Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

19. pinto123 Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

pinto123, Mar 29, 2018 :
    This thread should have been before planning op6, not now. It's too late to ask us, your loyals, what we want. You are just becoming like Samsung, throw what you like - at us!

20. fdroko Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

fdroko, Mar 29, 2018 :
    As long as I have the possibility to hide how the Huawei P20, to be able to personalize the colors ... that would be very good

G_animesh_kar_UJqo likes this.