[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. nathaneous
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

nathaneous , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Looks like im heading back to Samsung [e]1f44d[/e] Oneplus is a huge letdown glad i haven't upgraded since the OP3

vvsudhir and ianseer like this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Mar 29, 2018

dsmonteiro , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I guess I'm not explaining myself properly.

Outside apps, the status bar has zero impact. Elements are not pushed by the status bar. You still have the same lines of icons.

Inside apps, you have four cases:
    1) Portrait apps with vertically scrolling: notch has a positive impact.
    2) Portrait apps with static elements or horizontal scrolling: notch has zero impact.
    3) Landscape apps: zero or negative impact.
    4) Full screen apps: zero or negative impact.

3. Deactivated User
    Mar 29, 2018

lostLambda, Montalvo93 and ianseer like this.
  4. pratapkumar999
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

pratapkumar999 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    till now I am big fan to OnePlus but you guys following the other companies
    losing hopes on OnePlus
    if it continues OnePlus will lost their Goodwill

5. Ty_Quan
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

Ty_Quan , Mar 29, 2018 :
    in portrait mode if the area is black out it won't have a negative impact it'll have the impact as it always did. and in landscape mode if that area is blackout it'll have a positive impact because there's extra screen....... It's either a positive or no impact at all what's the fuss.

6. G_abdulrahman_alammari_K
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

G_abdulrahman_alammari_K , Mar 29, 2018 :
    While you have many time to write unreasonable excuses to copy from ugly iPhone X, make some effort and make bezel less screen like Samsung S9+ (~84.2% screen to body ratio), it's better than ugly notch.

it's your decision at the end and you will use what is low cost for you and save you money, So please do it without this excuses.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

7. alive71
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

alive71 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    1522353240646.jpg

hey one plus,

just a rough idea. i am not a designer or artist or anything. but i love android smartphone. using different brands for last 10 years. can we get design like this. dont want totally bezel less. on the top in op6 design we can see have lots of space than iPhone x. in that space its possible to put the sensors. for camera we can have a small notch like the image. half of the camera will be on the top bezel and half can be as a notch. and as one plus makes only one size phones and more than 6 inch in size and bezels are getting narrower, can make a little boxi shape in back instead of round. coz its really tough to use 5t without any case and with one hand. it keeps sleeping from hand because of the curvy back sides.

* this is just my opinion. following other brands design is not bad i think. but just following iphone only is not good. many other brands have great design and ideas too. do a vote about notch. believe me no one likes it. iphone x put it for a reason for their facial recognition sensors. but OnePlus really don't need those

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

8. Badboi17
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

Badboi17 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    dear pete,
    am huge OP fan .still am happy with OP5t (even with avg camera) . honestly a noach .....[e]1f62a[/e][e]1f62a[/e][e]1f62a[/e] stop copying iPhone . one plus have its own unique reputation if things gose lolike this way I will be over soon .60/80% don't like the noach .
    I will wait for next op device 6t/7 (if it is Snapdragon 855 ) and comes with water proofing and with a much better camera . if u can't keep you promise just change brand . OP -one step ahead to OB -one step below i will switch to mi or Samsung
    and also stop hyping the ONE Plus device .i keep my one plus one because still i love it . that thime no adds or anything . the largest One plus shity ads ,that video videos stabilization [e]1f62a[/e][e]1f62a[/e] comparing it with Samsung , pathetic . grow up one plus.( one plus have the smoothest software but Samsung have better cam than one plus - one step below)

try to survey internationally if u really care about people's openion . i think you are considering what Chinese people want . try to give the best product to android enthusiast .

9. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 29, 2018

meatandy , Mar 29, 2018 :
    The design has been completed for some time now, maybe OnePlus can take your recommendations under consideration for the OnePlus 10 .

Montalvo93 likes this.
  10. sam3980
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

sam3980 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Seriously guys! why would I want to look like a dumb android user who can't afford to buy an Iphone, so I'm going after anything that looks like it but for half the price!!!!!!
    the notch is not bad because of the screen loss or such things! it's bad because it makes us look like cheap zombies who want to look like the mighty Iphone-X holders!!!

11. alive71
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

12. bogdanmaceasa
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

bogdanmaceasa , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Too bad the price is clearly not on their mind anymore... i am seeing less and less the differences between a Samsung and OP devices as far as cost is concerned. Started from under 500$ and all clues indicate that OP6 will be >700$, don't even want to know what the prices will be in the EU.
    Actually disappointed...

13. alive71
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

alive71 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    was it a sarcasm on me or OnePlus!

14. Voskres
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

15. OexS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

16. Staufengalen
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

Staufengalen , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Non comprendo tutte queste avversità verso il c.d. notch chr a me piace moltissimo...yessss!!

17. mirza84
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

mirza84 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    R. I. P. OnePlus 2013-2018

Just to know, please don't cry later, we didn't listen our costumers, I will not turn back if I need to change brand now, and it seems I have to...

18. G_Vatsal_shah_SWXY
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

G_Vatsal_shah_SWXY , Mar 29, 2018 :
    A

19. fdroko
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

fdroko , Mar 29, 2018 :

to recap ...

-Burn button on the left? stupid
    -environmental design of the notch
    -posing front speakers would only make the design even more elongated
    -the space is not used in any way

20. Mustafa Nasser
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

Mustafa Nasser , Mar 29, 2018 :
    you said you want be like Apple before believe me a notch won't make you Apple not even close the only reason people bought the OnePlus phones because they found what they need in these devices Because OnePlus used to listen to consumers