[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. 36dbldz
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

36dbldz , Mar 29, 2018 :
    the OP6T will not have a notch and will have an inscreen FPS and all the OP6 buyers that settled will be super pi$$ed

meatandy likes this.
  2. ianseer
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

3. HiroCBox
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

HiroCBox , Mar 29, 2018 :
    The only thing I don't understand is that you have bottom bezel even there is a notch on top. The reason iPhone X has notch because they want their phone to be bezel less, but then they can't manage where to put front camera and censor so they put them on notch...

4. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

mtbgus , Mar 29, 2018 :
    To be honest, why is everyone moaning so much, OnePlus will do what they have always done and what other companies do, they will do what they want. If you don't like the notch, stay with your present OnePlus phone or choose a phone from another company, there is a vast amount of choice out there.

I agree it's a shame to see oneplus go this way, I don't like the notch myself, just looks wrong, but at the end of the day it's just a phone, go buy a different one.

StanHoffert, Spliffman and meatandy like this.
  5. AdamWls
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

AdamWls , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Let's consider the first phone which you might recognise as the first "modern" form factor smartphone; the iPhone. In 2007 this device landed, no, smashed through the ceiling as a revolutionary device. It set the benchmark for how many devices after that? The issue was this was the first touch full panel which got traction and drove the change. Hell the Sony Ericsson p800 wasn't far off with a gap of 5 years. The Essential Phone had the notch before the iPhone X. BlackBerry had swipe gestures before the iPhone X. My point here is these people saying the are "ripping off apple" are just tunnel visionaries who have a lack of knowledge.

The thing is, how many people rebelled against the slight variation of form factor and later embraced the change? If it wasn't for Innovation and change like this we'd still have flip phones with polyphonic ringtones.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses" Henry Ford .

The above is to the best of my knowledge. Happy to be corrected.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

6. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 29, 2018

DARTH 007 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    what a hypocritical thread. and what a hypocrite of a company.
    they do whatever they want , and in the end they say it's all bcos fans want it.
    thank god I have a 5T before it went out of stock.
    and now deciding which phone to buy this year.
    this year is a bad year for the Android phones.
    no more buying oneplus in the future till the time they bring out a proper phone.
    the message is very clear.make a cheap oppo phone first.
    then take out the hardware inside and insert a snapdragon. so you get a OnePlus.

gcocucci and Montalvo93 like this.
  7. DARTH 007
    KitKat Mar 29, 2018

DARTH 007 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    rightly said.
    I don't want to be the butt of all the jokes.
    I can't use this cheap clone.

juanrugge likes this.
  8. deadrat-5
    Donut Mar 29, 2018

deadrat-5 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I like the notch, it's quirky, cool, although the shiny glass back that I've seen in some "leaks" looks ******* discusting, please have a matte finish one [e]1f602[/e] or just keep the aluminium body

9. paulreeves1138
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

10. Abdelaziz_Aqel
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

Montalvo93 likes this.
  11. Peter Krull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2018

Peter Krull , Mar 29, 2018 :
    This does not explain why Apple and even Vivo to a certain extent is able to do without a bottom bezel. I really am not a fan of the lopsided look that this gives, like the Oppo R15 and the new Zenfone. I defended you guys last year with the OP5 looking like an iPhone 7, but this is just too much. There is no justification to go the notch route, other than wanting to look like an iPhone, and because the technology allows for it. The slim, yet symmetrical bezel on the S9 is the most attractive look right now. Even if it lacks a bit of personality.

12. Jumpi1234
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2018

Jumpi1234 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    that's long time to go still :(

13. youbi
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 29, 2018

youbi , Mar 29, 2018 :
    It's official, but from the Huawei p20 pro. :p it's just a gif that Engadget shared and really illustrates a simple solution for the notch hate.

meatandy likes this.
  14. deathrodamus
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2018

juanrugge likes this.
  15. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 29, 2018

meatandy , Mar 29, 2018 :
    Neither , I was trying to explain that the mobile designs are completed well in advance of any "lets talk" or offical design announcement threads.

alive71 likes this.
  16. NickMidd91
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2018

NickMidd91 , Mar 29, 2018 :
    oneplus did not steel the notch from the iPhone x. sheer it came out on the iPhone x first but was not designed by apple. China phone company's cam up with the idea first and apple liked it so much they bought the rights to have it on there phone. people need to do research before they post about copying Apple.

17. zhaf11r
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

18. arifholmes
    Eclair Mar 29, 2018

arifholmes , Mar 29, 2018 :
    A oneplus 6 user will be known as "the guy who cannot buy the iPhone X"
    No innovation at all from oneplus. They say they do it for the fans and hardly listen to the feedback from the community. You have already lost the original oneplus (op1&2) users, continue at this rate and you will lose the rest of them.
    The oneplus 6 is bound to be the next oneplus 2. Neglected by the company.

Montalvo93 likes this.
  19. Spliffman
    KitKat Mar 29, 2018

Spliffman , Mar 29, 2018 :
    I have purchased multiple Oneplus phones since the OPO in 2014, and every one since except the 5T, for myself and friends and family but I will be passing on the OP6 or whatever they call it because of the notch. A long time loyal Oneplus user here ... Gone

Montalvo93, awakerman and meatandy like this.
  20. F_Damir_Matesic_qJWz
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2018

F_Damir_Matesic_qJWz , Mar 29, 2018 :