[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. joshdigit
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2018

2. Lakshit Raj
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

Lakshit Raj , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Pete sir the first image (A) as when you choose B it will be called cheated design of IPHONE X

3. Kimmo Kekki
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

Kimmo Kekki , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Notch or not, i don't care ... Using dark theme as much as possible !
    People like me who have bad eye vision, appreciate dark base and white lettering !
    I was stupid and bought this flagship of all flagships, Samsung galaxy s9+ 2 weeks ago !
    Now it's for sale, and i have brand spanking new OP5T again
    Samsung makes good refridgerators, but nothing else !

dalmia09 likes this.
  4. hadi665
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

hadi665 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    one more reason to avoid this company now better to switch to nokia or pixel device

5. sumitdeshmukh
    Donut Mar 30, 2018

Andrewshiu likes this.
  6. Lakshit Raj
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

7. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2018

johnhart , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Umm... you claimed OnePlus had its hands tied hardware wised. When I destroyed that notion you pivoted to, well, nothing really matters because it's too late now and you're feeling hopeful. What you neatly skipped over was --

-- then the reason OnePlus is doing this is to be one of the 'cool kids' copying Apple. Settle for poor Apple design.

8. johnhart

johnhart , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Dude -- do you use Firefox on a computer? Or your phone? Give it the DARK BACKGROUND LIGHT TEXT add on and you get an experience like this --

asdd.jpg

9. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

dalmia09 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    If they have design A, wouldn't it be copying samsung??

10. Martin_VN

11. gkgauravkabra
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

gkgauravkabra , Mar 30, 2018 :
    untill and unless it doesn't have a chin(lower bezels) i don't have any problem with the notch.

thesimpleS13 likes this.
  12. F_Siddharth_Jadhav_pCyQ
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

F_Siddharth_Jadhav_pCyQ , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Does anyone think that innovation is some what losing with OnePlus growing as looking back when we memorize it's first attempt OnePlus One it was the best and innovative design present at it's time but now it seems to be not the same situation!!!!
    But still would love to use OnePlus 6.....

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE likes this.
  13. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

dalmia09 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Chin is unavoidable if cost has to be kept low.

14. shantanucse18
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

shantanucse18 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    OP 6 has big bottom chin, so why notch?? Don't tell phone has screen everywhere and has no space for camera and speaker. iPhone notch makes sense, OP 6 does not. Just a copycat.

I'm angry, I will never buy OP6!

15. gkgauravkabra
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

16. Bishal Kanti Roy
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

Bishal Kanti Roy , Mar 30, 2018 :
    I don't agree with the answer to the 3rd FAQ. It's absolutely possible to get rid of the chin as Apple did it with its iPhone X by bending the flexible OLED display in such a way to have all the connections behind the display.

17. iamtrunal
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2018

iamtrunal , Mar 30, 2018 :
    This would be a handy option ☝

shantanucse18 likes this.
  18. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2018

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE , Mar 30, 2018 :
    come up with a design that's not "iPhonic"...why can't you come up with something that's original and not copied. A company like Huawei is much better if it can come up with its own design (Honor v10)...we don't need notch display...give us something thats original.

19. F_Chettawan_Senapant_Lur
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2018

F_Chettawan_Senapant_Lur , Mar 30, 2018 :
    OK so how you guys thinks about Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s approach? The only android flagship this year that can claim full screen.

Moving front camera to the lower right bottom corner seems odd but practically when you do selfie in land scape mode the camera position will be on the top right corner which is good. You can hold the phone by your left hand. The only downside may result in front camera face unlock which I don't think worth to have the notch there. Don't remember we still have more accurate and secure finger print scanner. iPhone X cut that off because they can't do under screen finger scan then they try to make us believe FaceID is the best bio metric which already prove untrue.

From my googling Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s also use ultrasonic proximity sensor hide in the top thin bezel instead of infrared prox sensor. This should call innovative and well design right?

So.. how your's opinion to 2S design? And why we should accept Notch while some one else can do a better approaches?

20. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2018

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE , Mar 30, 2018 :
    you're absolutely correct...I adore the way Honor v 10 has been brought with some unique features at a better price point.