[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. Meghdut
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

Meghdut , Mar 30, 2018 :
    I will consider notch if you give underdisplay finger print scanner instead of back mounted. Side mounted finger print scanner also considerable.

2. ask4Chandan
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

ask4Chandan , Mar 30, 2018 :
    if team start decided their own[not taking consideration of user feedback] then there is no meaning of this community.

Better to try working on inbuilt fingerprint sensor over this notch.

Starcommander likes this.
  3. itssandeepd
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2018

itssandeepd , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Don't back yourself up with bullshit reasons. Just admit that you don't have a better design team and simply copies oppo designs.(yeah it's your dad, we know that) That doesn't mean you need to copy the "copied designs from apple" from oppo. Notch is so bad. It ruins the feel when using the display and that chin? Ewww. Can't even copy apple properly. I heard it takes more money for that design from apple so you should have kept the same chin size bezzel upwards as well. Always there is a way to eliminate the notch. Just don't do it caz apple did it. Never gonna buy from you something with a notch. Seems like oneplus 5 is my last device from oneplus. And OOS became ugly now a days and deviating from stock android. The settings page still looks like nougat and the background colors sre ugly af. Those accent colors are boring. Damn the list goes on. Time to say goodbye for your devices.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

4. ankt_sngh
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

ankt_sngh , Mar 30, 2018 :
    It's high time you should stop mentioning that you are a community driven company.

5. pyaesone
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

pyaesone , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Apple has the reason to do notch because they put every sensors for face id on that. But Oneplus doesn't have that kind to tech at the moment and only put camera, mic and proximity sensor. Don't always keep following the stupid design trend which other android manufactures are doing. If Oneplus really need to stand out, please make nice design like thinner bezel and chin from Samsung. Don't just give stupid long reason for that. Just honestly say "We Oneplus is copycat like other, Our design team is lazy". Thats all.

6. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 30, 2018

Starcommander , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Thats what the point is. Oneplus is not able to pull something like that means oneplus is failing to innovate. At least lg has its own design which is pretty nice. Even now LG support started a poll on notch. Look at LG and Oneplus. Oneplus wants us to love the notch whereas lg wants to know what people love. This is what making the difference. Was a oneplus supporter. I fear it wont last long.

7. F_Ram_Kumar_lcto
    Donut Mar 30, 2018

F_Ram_Kumar_lcto , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Most OnePlus users/fans hates notches.
    Notch is not a feature but a failure to accommodate sensors effectively.
    Still OnePlus is bringing it to it's next model.
    Let's pray for OnePlus 6 to be next OnePlus 2.

I dropped my plan to upgrade my OP3 to OP6 once launched. Have to decide whether to wait or chose some other flagship.

OnePlus is disconnected with user feedback these days. Sad :-(

d4almond, ankt_sngh and Starcommander like this.
  8. rexdivakar
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

9. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2018

johnhart , Mar 30, 2018 :

10. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 30, 2018

Starcommander , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Same here :(. Oneplus 3 is working fine till now. If issue occurs i will buy Samsung or pixel else wait for oneplus 6T in the hope that they will remove the notch

11. Maheer mahmud
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

Maheer mahmud , Mar 30, 2018 :

G_Emtiaz_Abrar_LEpa

View attachment 737817

hey one plus,

just a rough idea. i am not a designer or artist or anything. but i love android smartphone. using different brands for last 10 years. can we get design like this. dont want totally bezel less. on the top in op6 design we can see have lots of space than iPhone x. in that space its possible to put the sensors. for camera we can have a small notch like the image. half of the camera will be on the top bezel and half can be as a notch. and as one plus makes only one size phones and more than 6 inch in size and bezels are getting narrower, can make a little boxi shape in back instead of round. coz its really tough to use 5t without any case and with one hand. it keeps sleeping from hand because of the curvy back sides.

* this is just my opinion. following other brands design is not bad i think. but just following iphone only is not good. many other brands have great design and ideas too. do a vote about notch. believe me no one likes it. iphone x put it for a reason for their facial recognition sensors. but OnePlus really don't need those[/QUOTE
    dont u think 6" displays r too big?? nd bdw how come u b using android 4 last 10 years!!! android just emerged in d scenerio 4m last 9 years...:3​

rexdivakar likes this.
  12. R1519658117277
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

Maheer mahmud likes this.
  13. Michel_Pinquier
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

Michel_Pinquier , Mar 30, 2018 :
    I'm so sorry and so disappointed by the oneplus decision to add a notch. I've mentaly cancelled my plans to buy the Oneplus 6 (i have actually a Oneplus 5 and i usually change my phone every year). A bad decision on every extent.

Maheer mahmud and KULDEEPKUMAR like this.
  14. Maheer mahmud
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

Maheer mahmud , Mar 30, 2018 :
    6" is too big :(

15. Lakshit Raj
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

Lakshit Raj , Mar 30, 2018 :
    no because only 2 designs are available and everyone doesn't knows samsung iphone is most popular

16. Kishan_120
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

Kishan_120 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Yes... U r right. This is what I thought exactly when the oneplus coin video came from @Carl

17. F_Prashant_Karmacharya_U
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2018

18. Zen_monkey
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

Zen_monkey , Mar 30, 2018 :
    I think this new design philosophy puts one plus in a quagmire. clearly people are polarized. either they like it or hate it; there doesn't seem to be anything in-between. but going by the trend it appears that this new design philosophy is going to be norm even before we realize it. any change in design starting fromlogo (Starbucks) to UI (snap) has always been met with lot of resistance. no amount of canvassing from one plus' end is going to win the other group. this is a stage where you got to decide what suits best for the company and the community. the haters of the notch has to be respected for their choice, after all there is nothing right or wrong here. we just hope if one plus decides to go ahead with notch the other group slowly embraces the new design for its merit. as a community we win.

19. darvinrio
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

darvinrio , Mar 30, 2018 :
    instead of screen real estate they could hav gone for stereo speakers ..... one feature to kill it all :-(
    i was just planning to buy a oneplus owing to their uniqueness and NEVER SETTLE ...

20. Q1514233175017
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018