1. kmokhtar79
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

2. vsrmohan
    Donut Mar 30, 2018

vsrmohan , Mar 30, 2018 :

3. Kimmo Kekki
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

Kimmo Kekki , Mar 30, 2018 :
    If that's only for Samsung, then i'll not even give it a thought anymore ....

4. Dylan_Hameleers
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2018

Yudiansyah and nilz22 like this.
  5. vsrmohan
    Donut Mar 30, 2018

6. OscarCookeAbbott
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

OscarCookeAbbott , Mar 30, 2018 :
    So the screen will be better you're saying?
    Great!
    Does that mean you'll be using 1440p?...
    Oh wait.
    The R15 has already confirmed you're going with a 1080p panel AGAIN.

'Proud' owner of the 3, but the 5/T sucked and this phone will suck too unless you MASSIVELY improve the camera and FINALLY - after 4 years and when your competitors did it 2 years ago - go with a 1440p screen.

Also if that's anything other than 2:1 then Jesus Christ it's worse than I feared.

sauron.cnp and nilz22 like this.
  7. Dylan_Hameleers
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2018

Dylan_Hameleers , Mar 30, 2018 :
    rip.. this is the greatest shitstorm in years XD

ps. i hate ips vs amoled :/
    ( but that's ofc personal preference )

OscarCookeAbbott likes this.
  8. sauron.cnp
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2018

9. Yudiansyah
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

Yudiansyah , Mar 30, 2018 :
    i'm android fans, and i see notch just insult android as OS leader. stop give us reason behind your story, using notch or not, i don't see maximize our screen (example oppo/vivo/asus). with notch, just make screen block away, how you say will maximize our screen? when you watch movie, video automatic decrease you screen, after you watch movie...walaaaa, notch. if you can make 97% body ratio screen when you use notch (just like iphoneX), then you can say, 'WE NEED THIS NOTCH!!' cause make bigger screen, with small body and very bezel-less!!

OscarCookeAbbott and nilz22 like this.
  10. DracoSura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2018

DracoSura , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Instead of fixing the real problems you're creating a new asymmetrical design and providing a software solution for that. You should have invested more in the camera department instead of focusing on increasing screen space. Screen resolution is gonna be full HD+ and not 2k so in effect you're decreasing ppi. I can understand implementing the notch if the bottom bezels are gone (like the iPhone X) but here you're keeping the bottom bezels and also implementing the notch which doesn't make any sense. This makes the viewing experience inconsistent overall and to fix that problem your adding black bars in the software side when needed. Do you see how convoluted the whole process is.

And by readily available screens, do you mean going back to the ipsr lcd screens because that will be disastrous. Amoled is the future and if you guys go back to ips lcd idk what to say.

Overall the next device of oneplus (idk why u r not calling it OP6, so) will probably be like op2 with little to no success. Am using OP3 right now and was planning to get OP6 but this doesn't make me interested in getting it at all. I'll wait for the next pixel, hopefully it won't have a notch and will definitely have the best camera.

yuman105, Yudiansyah and nathaneous like this.
  11. DracoSura

12. nathaneous
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2018

nathaneous , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Firmly against the notch and I won't be buying another Oneplus device as a result

DracoSura and Yudiansyah like this.
  13. Yudiansyah
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

Yudiansyah , Mar 30, 2018 :
    if oneplus really launch notch phone, i will stop recommend oneplus and not gonna buy any oneplus again, i will choose other brand instead.

nathaneous likes this.
  14. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

Shuller , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Hi @Pete
    With all my respect... when you are saying OP is different... Why tf do you copy the design from other manufactures?
    Keep it the same way you had it and you won’t lose the amount of customers you are gonna lose...

Cheers,

yuman105 and sauron.cnp like this.
  15. DracoSura

DracoSura , Mar 30, 2018 :
    These kind of apps are the result of your decision to have a notch oneplus. You see why this app came to existence?

Totally agree. Ugly af, lol...

ianseer likes this.
  16. G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha , Mar 30, 2018 :
    A notched display is a wonderful idea as it maximizes the display experience!
    But in addition to this you should also consider about adding Apple like Face ID that actually cannot be fooled along with Under Display Fingerprint sensor!
    And please stick to AMOLED panel or upgrade it to Micro-LED panel but never go to IPS-LCD panel..
    The last but not least request is that please please please use a Market leading Camera setup on both rear and front because no one will mind an extra price if they get a superior camera setup like the one on Huawei P20 Pro with an excellent DXO Mark score of 109!❤️❤️

17. yuman105
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

yuman105 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    No need to explain OP, its your prerogative anyways... I may have to stay with my OP5, love them huge bezels... and if I would go for an upgrade, OP5T would be the best...

Oh, do I sound like I hate the NOTCH? Well I do...

Thanks.

sauron.cnp likes this.
  18. guitarboy0211
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2018

guitarboy0211 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Meh, I'm done with oneplus anyway. Simply using slightly modified oppo shells and calling them original makes no sense. Hopefully someday the truth will be out.

19. G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Because if we have an excellent camera setup on Huawei P20 Pro, we still lack OxygenOS in Huawei. So, if along with OxygenOS, we get extreme quality camera setup, it will then be called a Flagship killer! ❤️

otto2 likes this.
  20. otto2
    Photography Expert Mar 30, 2018

otto2 , Mar 30, 2018 :

What a great discussion - just because of such a small design decision people get mad.

@Pete

You re writing, that all relevant parts are getting smaller and smaller. So why don t you use a bigger sensor in way better quality with OIS and optical zoom for the back camera instead of giving users some little space on the display?
    Just check the feedback you got at open ears forum camera and the postings here in the community.

Why don t you give us an easy and stable casting solution combined with a full linux desktop, so we can use our phones with a BT mouse and keyboard like a laptop or PC?

https://maruos.com/#/

Here you can clearly see the future of an android device- making PC s and Laptops obsolete, all data can stay on our phones ,no need for an unsecure cloud service, no need to buy licensed software and expensive Hardware like samsungs DEX crap.

Told @Carl in Hamburg: " Do something special, just copying others won t help, there will always be some manufacturer who s cheaper and faster in copying."

Give us users a phone, we can be proud of, a phone we can use in a new,better way, be cooler than Apple!!!

Once we re getting a great phone, we won t care about a "Notchgate" but concentrate on the money we save since we won t need any laptops, cameras etc. anymore.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018