[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. reyscott1968
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

reyscott1968 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    i hate the notch and the copycat design to apple. might go a with a project treble ready device in the future. end of my oneplus journey after being an early supporter. i am an early supporter for innovation not for copy cats.

otto2, sauron.cnp and yuman105 like this.
  2. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

Shuller , Mar 30, 2018 :
    You know what OP... Go On with it...
    If you did not lear the lesson with OP2 you might learn it with OP6.
    You have to understand you are not the one who make the rules “Learn to love the Notch”

otto2, sauron.cnp and nathaneous like this.
  3. yuman105
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

yuman105 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Camera!!! I totaly agree with you...

4. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

Shuller , Mar 30, 2018 :
    It can be fooled!!!
    It is not secure
    It soes not work the same way apple said it is working

5. yuman105
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

yuman105 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    "Give us users a phone, we can be proud of, a phone we can use in a new,better way, be cooler than Apple!!!"

Totally agree... We need to be way cooler than Apple...

otto2 likes this.
  6. murten234
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

murten234 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    well at least from now on, oneplus can not say they listen to there Community because your so loved Community does not like the notch. why don't you ask for such important things? then we would have told you we'd rather want a normal screen like op5+ or galaxy s8/9 then some stupid iphone x clone. Say good bye to you european customers. Because thats what we are now. Customers. No Community.

Shuller and sauron.cnp like this.
  7. avecore
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

avecore , Mar 30, 2018 :
    "No two people have the same opinion on smartphone aesthetics".

Lie. I have found thousands in this thread only. Notch is an ugly furunculus on the phone's body.

otto2, magnumous and sauron.cnp like this.
  8. G_jonny_cool_nxOr
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

G_jonny_cool_nxOr , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Absolutely truely said bro . . i agree with you

otto2 likes this.
  9. Frederic_C
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

Frederic_C , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Nope, your role as a smartphone manufacturer is to provide the phone your clients are asking for. The notch is the only solution available if YOU want the bigger screen as possible without changing the form factor of the phone. Getting 3% more screen with a ugly notch is not needed by customers, getting a good, well designed and smart phone is what WE need ans ask for.

10. Captiangplayer
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

Captiangplayer , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Look the OnePlus 6 will have a notch what's done is done. I'm sure the one side of the community won't buy it and the other side will. But please OnePlus listen to the community if we wanted a phone like the X we would buy the Essential phone.. I don't mind the notch but I'm not a fan of it. Rather innovative than copy what's currently popular even if it will cost you more money.

Ps 5T best phone ever.

11. G_neders_nice_UuUa
    Donut Mar 30, 2018

G_neders_nice_UuUa , Mar 30, 2018 :
    I said the exact same thing, OnePlus was known for its originalty but it is fading, it's never settle slogan is beginning to mean nothing.

magnumous and isty like this.
  12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Mar 30, 2018 :
    This comment completely deserved first page.

StanHoffert, otto2 and reyscott1968 like this.
  13. reyscott1968
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

reyscott1968 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    #lookingforanotchlessphone. #projecttrebleready #samsungmaybe? #kindabecauseaospisavailableonsamsungalready

14. DeepaPPradhan
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2018

DeepaPPradhan , Mar 30, 2018 :
    guys if you want to make one plus 6 with a notch then make sure that you guys put an option for the user to black out the sides of the notch to make it invisible(kind of).
    even I hate the notch but if we have this option then I am fine with the notch

15. Grobianus1986
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

Grobianus1986 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    First, there was the unevenness of the whites and the greys on the 5T screen. Never experienced that on Samsung phones. Then there was the whole can't-play-Netflix-HD thing, totally ridiculous in 2017 for a "flagship killer". Now, there will be a stupid notch, just to chase a stupid trend. Never settle, right...
    So that's it, bye OnePlus, never again.

magnumous likes this.
  16. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2018

johnhart , Mar 30, 2018 :
    No. The Firefox web browser. Available on Mac, PC, iPhone, Android.

17. mi6t0
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2018

mi6t0 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    That's the day I am sure I will no longer be a OnePlus customer. The proof that OPPO is donating the hardware and Oneplus's only job is to add the flavor of kid-marketing, bullshit and the stock Android with everything they managed to steal from CM/Lineage.
    Such a pity! You do not deserve the people that made you a brand.

murten234 likes this.
  18. Andrewshiu
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

Andrewshiu , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Pete, surely by now you can see that a significant portion of your fan base (myself included) hates the notch. We can't stop you from going ahead with this but at the same time know that half of your loyal fan base will most likely abandon OP altogether. How confident are you in filling this void of lost customers? Do you believe OP6 (with that pathetic IPhone X notch) is good enough to convert customers from other Android phone brands to this one?

magnumous likes this.
  19. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2018

Shuller , Mar 30, 2018 :
    they were only saying they are listening, however they were not... they are listening their bosses from OPPO.

magnumous and murten234 like this.
  20. murten234
    Eclair Mar 30, 2018

murten234 , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Well Money really destroys people and ideas

otto2 and Shuller like this.