1. Kimmo Kekki
    Froyo Mar 30, 2018

Kimmo Kekki , Mar 30, 2018 :
    I don't that kind of selector at all

2. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2018

waldwolf , Mar 30, 2018 :
    I would respectfully disagree.

After the OnePlus One, I believe OnePlus lost it's way and is now just "another" smartphone manufacturer who only see $$$$ in their eyes and don't give a tinker's-damn what their customers say or think.

This is not new. If one goes back years, they'll see both Pete and Carl spend more time posting on Social networks and on Reddit, than on their own website.

It's my opinion, anyone who posts a help request in these forums is wasting their time, if they expect any OnePlus employee to respond. Most help one can find in these forums comes from users themselves and a few good-heart'd monitors.

Whether your aware of it or not, OnePlus is part of the BKK Empire, the world's largest cell phone manufacturer.

3. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 30, 2018

meatandy , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Or everytime somebody replies to @dsmonteiro ' earlier post with just a single A or B answer.:p

4. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Mar 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Mar 30, 2018 :
    First time I was like, lolwut?

Rick Manders and meatandy like this.
  5. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 30, 2018

meatandy , Mar 30, 2018 :
    How many times have you been replied to here with those answers?

6. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Mar 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Mar 30, 2018 :
    Five if I'm not mistaken. 4 As and 1 B.

meatandy likes this.
  7. kadivadavidak
    Donut Mar 31, 2018

kadivadavidak , Mar 31, 2018 :
    I'm sure glad I did not "hold out" for the OP6 and jumped on the OP5T. I love the symetric, notchless, AMOLED, beautiful screen. I'm not having any of this "let's copy Apple, but try to make it seem like an original idea" garbage. Good luck with this one y'all!

8. nathaneous
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

9. delpinsky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2018

delpinsky , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Symmetry, a simple principle.

I don't like the notch at all, but...
    ...the only reasonable way to keep the notch, is to hide it with a black bar via software, just like Huawei did.
    Also, if you don't have the bottom bazel, then you can think about the notch, although I still prefer it hidden.

[​IMG]

dsmonteiro likes this.
  10. amartens181
    KitKat Mar 31, 2018

amartens181 , Mar 31, 2018 :
    It looks stupid and is stupid.
    You aren't going to tell anyone otherwise.
    Copying Apple on horrible design choices like that is ridiculous. ItsI almost worse than removing the headphone jack.

11. michellermcelroy
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2018

michellermcelroy , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Why not just have the notch only when in camera mode? This seems pretty obvious to me...I must be missing something...

12. Raygen
    Donut Mar 31, 2018

Raygen , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Nice bunch of useless excuses just to be able to follow (copy) the last trend brought by Apple, that itself obviously copied by the essential phone. And by going againist you community at the same time, that should be the foundation of this company, am i right?
    Look, let's be honest, nobody give a **** of having a cople of centimeter of screen more if those are divided by a cluncky, ugly and probably incompatible with some apps, black notch. People just care for the quality of the display, and the OLED one you mount now is already really good. Cutting the screen in strange shapes wouldn't improve the use of space, it would ruin the quality of using the screen itself.

The things i liked of this company, that let me have the patience of waiting for an invite to buy my OPO, was the supreme quality/money rateo of the product and the transparency.
    All things that by the time, seems to be fading away. Phones that keep growing in price for the add of minimal or almost useless advantages and extras, and now you reject the community that yourselves have created by placing one of those extras aganist the will of your costumers?

I will keep my OPO since it last. It's a piece of jewel of a phone. But after that, i will have to decide whether to stay with OnePlus again.

TL;DR:
    No, this is not a baby cry like: "Uuuh Buuh I hAtE dE NoTcH iLl LeAvE OnE+!!1!1!!!".
    The notch was just an example for the last straw this company is giving.
    We all know OnePlus in not good at creating original designs for his phones, but that's not a relevant problem as long as you have a good and affordable quality phone back. My point is when you, as a company, voluntarely decide to get aganist your same foundations, costumers, and given words, for.. trend.

I just want the good old startup OnePlus back. That's it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018

13. Rahif Dc
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

Rahif Dc , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Its way better with leaving the bezel uptop.. If you're gonna increase the screen size like that.
    The notch just straight up suck..
    1)it creates this weird illusion of something being in your way of sight
    2) doesnt really help to increase the size of the screen.
    3) looks like an adopted idea from Apple.

[e]1f60a[/e].
    Im sticking with my lovely one plus 5T [e]1f618[/e]

G_tj_goodman_AhIT likes this.
  14. Rahif Dc
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

Rahif Dc , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Why not use the samsung window screen technology.
    Display the content on the screen on top of the camera.
    When camera is active the display turns transparent like the ones like samsung window screens.

15. F_Jonathan_D'costa_kXRn
    Eclair Mar 31, 2018

G_ARCHAN_RAY_xGmy likes this.
  16. RayDaJunior
    Eclair Mar 31, 2018

RayDaJunior , Mar 31, 2018 :
    I have every generations of oneplus devices but I won't be buying a phone with that stupid notch while there is extra space available in bottom. This just copying iPhone's design nothing else. Vivo and oppo did the same and if OnePlus comes out with the same shitty design, the 5T is going to remain my last device from OnePlus.

17. F_Jonathan_D'costa_kXRn
    Eclair Mar 31, 2018

F_Jonathan_D'costa_kXRn , Mar 31, 2018 :
    True that

18. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Mar 31, 2018

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018

nathaneous likes this.
  19. pullaredddy
    Donut Mar 31, 2018

pullaredddy , Mar 31, 2018 :
    I think OnePlus lost it's creativity and became a copy cat by choosing one of the best options available in the market rather developing new things... it's become a habit to OnePlus and be on safe side in business... and it's never settle attitude... is it... OnePlus lost it's juices after 3t and it's simply putting the best options together after 3t...

20. F_Jonathan_D'costa_kXRn
    Eclair Mar 31, 2018

gmanasseh and M1513869031904 like this.