[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. Rusty NZ Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

Rusty NZ, Mar 31, 2018 :
    To late it is done and here to stay.

ajinkyadomke likes this.
  2. Danilo Pinheiro Cupcake Mar 31, 2018

Danilo Pinheiro, Mar 31, 2018 :
    I was annoyed by the notch, I was watching videos of the R15 and the F7 ... it's not the same as the iPhone X, it's better! I just do not want glass bottoms and I'm asking you to love the OIS, please! I fell in love with this company, even though I did not have a Oneplus yet ... who knows the 6? :)

f1982 likes this.
  3. StanHoffert Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

StanHoffert, Mar 31, 2018 :
    Hey Pete,

Hello, Oneplus team. I want to tell you a secret.
    We all understand that you are the last line of defense of the BBK corporation, but as many billions $$$ as your bosses have, they will never know what the Oneplus community is here.
    The problem is not the "notch". The problem is that you are executing orders from the top (Big Fish), so your team will suffer fatal financial losses this summer like HTC, when he has been pressed and blackmailed from Google for some reason to sell many patent and 2000 people for less money.

Then someone in your team will be fired, and then you will completely change the concept of the phone design that will be released in November (OnePlus 6T).
    It is sad for you because your team does not see what is on front of your eyes and you do not hear what will be like a thunder in your ears.
    BBK and your team own nearly 50 % percent of the market in China and India with OPPO and VIVO. Let it stay that way. We are here - Hundreds of thousands of fans who reject your decision for "notch". I wish you success with sales, but they will not cover the costs. It's sad for your team and BBK.

You were a great team before kneeling the Big Bosses !!!
    If you have the opportunity to change this design and give people here what they want, you will be rewarded with many positive emotions and a lot more money if you want.

Personally, I have no problem to trying with the new display, but that's not what I'm talking about. Be calm. After a few months later, your team will change the design again without the "notch". I'm sure of that.

I'm the proud owner of Oneplus 5T and i love it...

I congratulate you on the courage to tell us in advance what to expect. I wish you all the best and I will buy this OnePlus 6 "incredible" phone. I'm just curious what you're going to offer.

I wish you all the best, Sir.

Stan

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018

douglasleer and ajinkyadomke like this.
  4. fawzib Honeycomb Mar 31, 2018

fawzib, Mar 31, 2018 :
    you guys know that they will increase the price another 25-50 bucks this time as well?

Starcommander likes this.
  5. StanHoffert Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

Be sure of that..

6. ngchvsky Cupcake Mar 31, 2018

ngchvsky, Mar 31, 2018 :
    I was waiting for some kind of coming out form OP, but with thew news, that you understand thant notch phones are smth in the middle from today phone to bazel less phones.

Dont waste your time and money on phone that is looking ugly. please.

7. yusakumanthesh Froyo Mar 31, 2018

yusakumanthesh, Mar 31, 2018 :
    till now I was waiting for oneplus next release, now after getting the news of notch, I will buy oneplus 5t now which has better design than new release phone.

G_tj_goodman_AhIT likes this.
  8. dalmia09 Jelly Bean Mar 31, 2018

Rusty NZ likes this.
  9. kandan26 Eclair Mar 31, 2018

kandan26, Mar 31, 2018 :
    I was using OP3 for 2years now. Actually I waited for OP6 but now I bought the OP5T.
    I tried Honor V10 but I learned that I 'm a OP guy ;)

I even don't hate the notch but I hate that Apple feeling around my Android phone.
    To use a China brand phone in Germany needs sometimes some strength and explanation - OK for me. So what.

But that notch copying is too much for me!
    Sorry OP6...

10. Rusty NZ Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

Rusty NZ, Mar 31, 2018 :
    Exactly!
    I agree completely and there are bigger things to worry about in the world. Besides the notch it totally a non issue when there will be a software option to hide the Notch.

dalmia09 likes this.
  11. edtheduck Honeycomb Mar 31, 2018

edtheduck, Mar 31, 2018 :
    I don't like notch, becouse it take space for notification icons.
    So we will be settled with less space for notification, and part of screen useless for full screen app.

12. morpheus566 Marshmallow Mar 31, 2018

13. Rodo20 Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

14. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2018

f1982, Mar 31, 2018 :
    You're trying to justify your opinion...by suggesting I don't have the right to question your opinion?! Have a word with yourself!

But back on point. You've STILL not answered my question. I'm not asking you to justify your right to an opinion. I am asking, again, when you have made clear you have a deep rooted dislike of this company and its upcoming products with zero interest in buying the next phone..
    WHY are you here on the company's forum discussing the next phone??

I've asked this multiple times now and you've evaded an answer every time. I'm not asking you to justify your right to an opinion. I'm asking you to tell us all WHY you continue coming here to talk crap about something you claim to have no interest in buying??

15. Benson B Donut Mar 31, 2018

Benson B, Mar 31, 2018 :
    You guys just shot yourself in the head with this decision. Obviously when you say that you listen to the community, you wouldn't have implemented this idea. And about the displays, if you change to LCD, another shitstorm is sure to come. I wish the notch was also a April Fool's Joke, but its already way past that point.

StanHoffert likes this.
  16. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2018

f1982, Mar 31, 2018 :
    What makes you assume it wasn't OnePlus that lead the push in this direction, and they were the ones that had to work hard to persuade bbk, Vivo and oppo to get together and order the front panel in bulk?
    Why do you assume that OnePlus, the company making the higher end phone of all 3 companies, isn't the one pushing for the best panel with a full screen rather than a mediocre 5T improvement?

17. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2018

f1982, Mar 31, 2018 :
    You answer your own question. It's way past the point of changing a design that's already at the manufacturing stage. So why are you asking why they don't listen to the community, when the community only started wetting their pants 2 weeks ago?

18. apurvaj92 Cupcake Mar 31, 2018

apurvaj92, Mar 31, 2018 :
    i don't understand when OnePlus is smart enough to take a headphone jack survey [e]1f3a7[/e]

and then include her phone jacks in their phone [e]1f4f2[/e]

why can't they just take a notch survey and then include notch in the phone

I am pretty sure they're not doing this because they just want to follow their own decisions.

PS: you can still fix it
    yours beloved Oneplus fan

19. f1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 31, 2018

f1982, Mar 31, 2018 :
    See attached image.
    When the choice is between the old style on the left, and the new style on the right, don't those in a rage over the issue of a notch, saying oneplus is dead, they're now going elsewhere, oneplus is stupid, OnePlus hate their community......feel just a little bit silly?
    It would be like wetting your knickers because they moved the headphone jack from the right side to the left side of the phone.

Attached Files:

20. StanHoffert Gingerbread Mar 31, 2018

They can not afford to dictate the rules of this game. It's a big market, where millions of devices are sold.
    They are obliged to comply with the general orders of the displays. It's a real business for a lot of money, not for our wishes. Just business. I'm so sad