[Updated] Let's talk about screens

1. G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha
    Eclair Apr 26, 2018

G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha , Apr 26, 2018 :
    Yeah okay but it is OnePlus, not Apple!
    Carl Pei said in the launch event of OnePlus 5T that we are 1+ from Apple. T also stands for 1+S (of Apple).
    So, it should give a next gen Face ID like feature that is even more secure than Apple's along with fingerprint (under display).
    Don't you think that I am right?

2. Kerngehirn3
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2018

Kerngehirn3 , Apr 27, 2018 :
    I like the notch. I don't get why everyone is complaining about it. You get the most screen out of it. Noone needs the space in the middle of the status bar anyways.

3. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

TheRealGamer , Apr 30, 2018 :
    Learn to love the Notch, really ?
    -Carl Pei

Notch is like a person who is interupting while we are watching movie in Theatres. Just Kidding :D. Let's get to the point

When iPhone 7 Plus introduced the Portrait Mode every manufacturers started to implement it. And Then the Face Unlock. Though Android was the first to have Face Unlock. But we can say it was made perfect by Apple.

Then Apple implement Notch for the sensors like Face ID. Now following the Notch trend every manufacturers is implementing Notch (except few) with their own explaination and ideas.

• Some just bravely copy it and says " We Have Add a Notch and it's small. And we have implemented the Zenimoji "

• Some give explaination about Notch and why is it necessary to get some more room to the screen.

So, There are many people who " Maybe " are convinced to the notch. And in the recent reaction video of OP6 they Beep the word of Notch, and there was beep like 5 to 6 times

So give your thoughts about Notch below, if you really are convinced or still hate it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Apr 30, 2018 :
    I still hate it, especially given how Android OEMs are implementing it. classic example of how someone does something without understanding the reason/ logic behind it. with that kind of a mindset, you often look like a fool.

TheRealGamer likes this.
  5. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

Apple tried the notch because they want to remove bezels completely. For ex. They remove side bezels and also the chin bezels. And for the top part, as they were using the Face ID technology they need to implement the notch.

6. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

But don't know why Android are doing it

7. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

Liehjan , Apr 30, 2018 :
    I can live with the notch, if its done right and is small enough, only acceptable notch so far in my opinion is the one Essential have

IVishalGandhi and TheRealGamer like this.
  8. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

And about OnePlus 6 ?

9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

TheRealGamer likes this.
  10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

that's what separates a leader from followers.

TheRealGamer likes this.
  11. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

Liehjan , Apr 30, 2018 :
    If it looks like the oppo r15 notch, then it's too big.. Will buy my next Oneplus phone when the notch phase is starting to fade away :cool:

TheRealGamer likes this.
  12. Punk_69
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

Punk_69 , Apr 30, 2018 :
    I don't care about the notch really, if I buy a notch-y phone i wont be hiding it

TheRealGamer likes this.
  13. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

Liehjan , Apr 30, 2018 :
    And now the leader is starting to get hate because the notch is too big compared to other phones...

TheRealGamer likes this.
  14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 30, 2018 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/updated-lets-talk-about-screens.813230/ :rolleyes:

15. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

They say there are not going to copy design this time. But they don't say anything about the notch. Maybe it will be sam e as Oppo

Yes, I have read this news today only. As a 5T user I feel like If I waited a bit then I could get that feature. But Yes still the Notch

16. Seikun
    Froyo Apr 30, 2018

Seikun , Apr 30, 2018 :
    Right now I don't hate it but I think I have to grow with it. Same with Face unlock. I thought I didn't need it at all on my OP5, now I love it.

TheRealGamer likes this.
  17. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

from whom? Android fanboys? Apple hateboys? that's okay.

apple's implementation of the notch is still the best among all.

18. IVishalGandhi
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2018

IVishalGandhi , Apr 30, 2018 :
    How about android OEMs going for the notch and then providing software to hide the notch. Huawei p20 also many others to come including OnePlus 6.

TheRealGamer likes this.
  19. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2018

20. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 30, 2018 :
    Seeing that you failed to post there, I thought you had missed it.