Upgrade from 7Pro to 9Pro via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. AshTheDash
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2021

AshTheDash , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 20, 2021 :
    I am considering an upgrade of my 7Pro.

Will an upgrade to 9Pro make sense? Is it worth the upgrade to 9Pro? I am not keen to have a 5G phone. I am ok with a 4G device considering it's still time.before 5G becomes a reality.

I am reading a lot of comparisons with Samsung S21 Ultra and also the Mi11 and it's quite confusing.

Any inputs and suggestions would help.

#9Pro #7ProUpgrade

AD

2. maxdp661
    Eclair Jun 20, 2021

maxdp661 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 20, 2021 :
    Hey!

Your phone is relatively new so I personally wouldn't see the need to upgrade, but if you're in the market for a new phone it's definitely worth it!

The comparisons on YouTube are mainly camera focused, the cameras on the 9Pro are really good and can compete easily with the Samsung and Xiaomi flagships.

If the camera isn't your main focus, speed on all three devices is close to the same.

Keep in mind that every flagship had it's pros and cons so my best guess is to compare them all and go with the phone you'd like most!

Hope this helps a bit!

3. Hamer222
    Donut Jun 21, 2021

Tedinetto and rogerm104 like this.
  4. Jainchirantan
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2021

Jainchirantan , via OnePlus 9 , Jun 21, 2021 :
    Hey!
    I would suggest you to stick with your phone for a year or so, because 7pro is an amazing phone.
    But if you still want to change, keep the following in mind said:

1) Dont go for Xiaomi, their UI is full of bloatware.
    2) If you dont mind using One UI, go with samsung galaxy S21 Ultra. OnePlus still hasn't managed to bring out the best of Hasselblad partnership, the samsung camera is amazing, it will give you a more premium feel than OnePlus.
    The only cons with samsung are One UI (which depends from person to person) and slow charging speed as compared to OnePlus.
    Otherwise, go for 9Pro
    Hope this helps😊

5. Fixxer
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2021

Fixxer , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 21, 2021 :
    I am also considering to upgrade from a 7t pro, although hardware wise the phone keeps up pretty well so far.

I am just concerned about the fact that only a few apps support full screen mode (without the notch).

Did they manage to fix this? Games like Call of Duty, PUBG run in full screen on the Oneplus 9 pro?
    As I understood it is more related to the Android 11 API restrictions, can someone on beta 12 confirm if things are improving on this matter?

Thanks