OxygenOS Upgrading from Android 4.4.4 (Cyanogen OS Version 11.0-XNPH05Q)

1. tagha38
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2018

tagha38 , Feb 26, 2018 :
    Hello OnePlus Community!

I haven't had time to upgrade for phone for a while now and am still rocking the fabulous OnePlus One as my primary device.
    I've only now recently seeing a few errors popping up:
    . "Trebuchet has stopped" error
    . "Unfortunately Contacts has stopped" error.
    If I could fix these, frankly I wouldn't need to upgrade. But no luck fixing them so far so I take these as high time that I should update my OS, but my two questions are:
    1. What OS should I update my OnePlus One to, Cynogen or Oxygen or others? Please keep in mind that this is my primary phone so only stable OS recommendations please.
    2. I need my Whatsapp intact as I am currently out of my home country for the upcoming few months and cannot recieve any Whatsapp SMS verification codes to reinstall the app and keep my current phone number. Is it possible to upgrade my OS while keeping my Whatsapp intact?

Any links/ tutorials will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for the rescue!

2. taskrov
    Donut Feb 26, 2018

3. tagha38
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2018

tagha38 , Mar 2, 2018 :
    Thanks for your reply!
    I see. Do you recall if you had to reinstall your entire WhatsApp again?
    Is there any website tutorial or video tutorial for this install?
    Thank You once again!

4. arjanvlek
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2018

arjanvlek , Mar 3, 2018 :
    Installing Lineage for the first time requires a computer and requires a reinstall of WhatsApp. I don’t think this is a viable option for you.

However you can safely update to the latest Cyanogen OS version using the cyanogen update tracker app shown in my signature, or by downloading the update yourself.