Upgrading to Oxygen OS 10.xx from 9.0.17 via OnePlus 6T

1. drummingchef
    Donut Apr 7, 2021

drummingchef , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Hey everyone.

First of all I want to apologise early if there is already something about his. I searched but nothing popped up.

I am still rocking oxygen 9.0.17 on both our phones. Wife's phone, the internet (wifi/data... Doesn't matter) has been quick sluggish. Has been for quite some time. Its hit or miss. One day it's working great. The next day... Not so much. (And I have exact same phone just the McLaren edition... My phone is flawless when it comes to wifi/data).

Maybe updating finally to oxygen 10.xx would fix the problem.

Question is:

What is the proper way to update now??? There's been so many releases of oxygen 10 now.... Do I have to go through installing every single incremental update? Or can I just go immediately right to the most current version of 10.3.9?

Your input is greatly appreciated! 😎☺️

Cheers!

Overzee likes this.
  2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2021

Best Answer
    Bobbie63 , Apr 8, 2021 :
    You can just update though the system update as shown on your device, doing so won’t require an update however I would suggest to backup your important files just for precaution.

a factory reset shouldn’t be required but could solve some issues that may occur after a major OS update.

I would just update and check if the required improvements you need are there, a factory reset can be done if the issues are still there.

edit: should the WiFi/data still be sluggish, try to reset the “WiFi, mobile data and bluetooth” under settings, system, options for reset.

the_o2, Caomhin and drummingchef like this.
  3. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 7, 2021

Overzee , Apr 7, 2021 :
    As far as I know you can update directly to the 10.3.9 of Oxygen OS. Does this version pop up at system updates?

Caomhin and drummingchef like this.
  4. drummingchef
    Donut Apr 7, 2021

5. drummingchef
    Donut Apr 7, 2021

drummingchef , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Will doing that include ALL of the fixes and improvements that happened along the way???

6. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 7, 2021

Overzee , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Jup, you're right! Although I don't want to encourage you on looking for all the fixes in all the different updates:cool:. That would be a heck of a job, I guess.

Caomhin and drummingchef like this.
  7. drummingchef
    Donut Apr 8, 2021

drummingchef , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Do you suggest I factory reset the phone after doing the update?

If so... I do a back-up. Put the back-up on the computer, then drag and drop the back-up file onto the phone once the factory reset is completed?? Is it as easy as that?

I only ask as this is my first OnePlus phone. I came from a Samsung s7 and used Samsung's smart switch software for backing up and restoring the phone. OnePlus does not have such software for computers for some reason....

8. Raza_Dawar
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2021

drummingchef likes this.
  9. drummingchef
    Donut Apr 8, 2021

Meaning what exactly?

I can go right to the most current version of oxygen 10.3.9 without any issues??? Any factory reset required? To restore the phone, is it as sime as drag and dropping the back-up file from the computer?

Thank you.

10. drummingchef
    Donut Apr 8, 2021

Ok. GREAT!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the clarification! 😎

And thank you to the others for their replies! This community rocks!

As for the resetting the wifi, mobile data and Bluetooth... I have already done that a few times. SOMETIMES that does the trick and it's fine for a while. Then it hiccups again.

Bobbie63 likes this.