[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Nov 19, 2019

Ruby G. , Nov 19, 2019 :
    FORUM_holiday_points_02.jpg

Friends,

Welcome to the November edition of our holiday points series, where we reward those of you follow us regular basis. Participate before November 28th to get 2 holiday points added to your running total!

November is the beginning of the season of feasting, so it’s the perfect excuse on my end to sprinkle in (heh) some food references. This time, we’re curious to know what would be the cherry on top to your OxygenOS experience:

What is one thing we could add to OxygenOS to make it even more awesome? Share a fun product feature or design change and add #ExtraStuffingPlease to double your points.

Prizes for the Thanksgiving thread:
    • Best answer winner: Claim your OnePlus Explorer backpack prize now or get 20 points
    • Runner-up winners (4): Claim your OnePlus Straws now or get 10 points

I know we have a lot of software fanatics on these forums. Looking forward to hearing your thoughtful responses!

12/3 Update
    Hope everyone had a great time of feasting and not talking about politics with their loved ones this past holiday. Thank you so much to everyone who participated. Here are the winners for the November holiday thread:

I will follow up via PM on prizing details. Keep an eye out for the December thread, coming soon!

HPtel42, deepeshm, Marxus23 and 41 others like this.
  2. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2019

Max.Mar , Nov 19, 2019 :
    By providing timely updates to all of your phone models.. that would be a best way to start.

EDIT- Rather focusing just on the newer models.

3. Vansh99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2019

Vansh99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 19, 2019 :
    One thing I'd like to see is Google feed on OnePlus Launcher.

I am not crazy about customizing my launcher and OnePlus launcher delivers what I'd like to change (names, icon packs, and not so hidden but still hidden space to name a few). I guess bonus would be dark mode on Google feed, which only Google can offer :D #ExtraStuffingPlease

4. diegogogo
    Donut Nov 19, 2019

diegogogo , Nov 19, 2019 :
    What about unique emojis or a version of "Animoji" to make texting more fun? Or more fun camera filters or options?

5. ajoshi29
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2019

ajoshi29 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I'd love it if the oxygen automatically formed app folders based on category or usage on the home screen (or any of the home screens) like automatically put all the social media apps like FB, Twitter, Insta in one folder on the desktop, messaging in another folder, email clients in a third, games into fourth etc. If there are more than 4 apps in one folder, they could be categorized with more granularity.
    Another feature I'd like is sorting apps by how frequently they are opened such that most frequently opened apps show up on top instead of / along with most recently searched.
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019

lobochamp, Eric Gass, enkendu and 3 others like this.
  6. ajoshi29
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2019

ajoshi29 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    It would also be really cool if we can set time windows for notifications per app. Like show notifications from office email app between 9am and 9pm. Or disable fb messenger notifications when in meetings (synced with calendar) etc.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

7. cdnfarmer
    KitKat Nov 19, 2019

cdnfarmer , Nov 19, 2019 :
    @Ruby G. At first I thought that you asked for things we liked.. and what would be a good addition. Anyways it's holiday season so why not have extra positivity.
    :D:D:D

Best features currently available:
    1. Smoothness of the navigation
    2. Top or close to hardware that gives a great working phone that last for years. For example , the number of people still using OnePlus 3 /3T. Even after 1.5 years of the OnePlus 6, it's working great.
    Recommended feature:

The ability to automatically display pinned notes to the top of the list (in the shelf)
    Currently, When a note is pinned, it stays burried. It would be great if the pinned notes automatically appear at the top of the list without additional input. Moreover, ensure to have the ability to pin multiple notes to the top.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019

8. NickMidd91
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

G_plusone, J1546839436048 and Avaline like this.
  9. NickMidd91
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

TibiTibi and G_plusone like this.
  10. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Nov 19, 2019

G_plusone , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Would like
    One Handed mode
    With the tall displays :)

#ExtraStuffingPlease

11. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Nov 19, 2019

The1Lion , Nov 19, 2019 :
    This past year has been my first year using OOS and I feel like it's good and rather than add more (bloat) improve what it has (community app, camera SW, etc) than add another feature that not all of us actually want. Otherwise make it so we can remove the unwanted piece. I'd rather have a streamlined OS that takes up little storage and is optimized than an OS clogged with "extra features" that may not be used and possibly draw attention away from focusing on the core OS and making it truly a Master Piece ;)

Oh forgot #ExtraStuffingPlease :p

12. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

Tax_Mny , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 19, 2019 :
    •Separate volume control for Google Assistant

I hate when I watch YouTube or listen to music at a specific volume and then the next day I go to use the assistant the volume is either too high or too low.

#NeverSettle #ExtraStuffingPlease

Kryogen and MosheG1 like this.
  13. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

•AMOLED Notification

Utilize the AMOLED screen since we don't have a physical LED notification.

Maybe light up the edges of the screen every now and then or do notification icons in GRAYSCALE to save battery.

14. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

•OnePlus App Store

It would give us the option to use a multitude of OnePlus specific apps without the annoyance of bloatware. [e]1f4aa[/e][e]1f4aa[/e][e]1f4aa[/e]

enkendu and Mecca EL like this.
  15. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

•Routines App

Create an app called "Routines". How it would work is you setup a schedule with "routines".

FOR EXAMPLE:

7am the user will be woken up to the news/music playing in the background and/or the assistant reads out loud the weather and route details to work.

9pm the assistant is reading an audio book and/or playing white noise to help the user go to sleep (ocean sound, rain noise, etc).

16. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

This is a great feature that will help with clutter.

Sceleratis, enkendu and G_plusone like this.
  17. MosheG1

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 19, 2019 :
    wow! what a cool idea to have a chance to ask for user wanted features and to do it in a way that we get rewarded for it! double win!

personally I would like to see Amoled black everything!
    so even the shelf and the app drawer and the pull down menu should be black!

thanks for this opportunity!

#ExtraStuffingPlease

18. MosheG1

I would like to see built in parental controls, one Benoit of apple is that there is parental controls built into iOS that can remove internet access and access to the app store, which makes it a great phone for kids as well. Google has one as well in Android, but it just allows parents to have a separate app to control the kids phone and set bedtimes where the phone shuts off etc. but there is no simple way to just remove internet access and the app store so a parent can know that their child isn't going anywhere online that isn't in a app that want downloaded by them and can just give them the phone and leave it be.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

sadin.selmani and G_plusone like this.
  19. MosheG1

I would like to see a way to maybe have a OnePlus app store with apps that gives lots of custom ability to OnePlus phones!

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Betsey Zepeda, Clenche and G_plusone like this.
  20. MosheG1

G_plusone likes this.