[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max52
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2019

Max52 , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Continuing to release updates on a regular basis to enhance our Android experience.

2. joropamporo
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2019

joropamporo , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Everyone on the market is already complying and comparing with OnePlus. I don't understand business (especially high-level business) and maybe that's why I don't understand why OnePlus doesn't occupy Huawei's niche after the problems with USA and Google. From the point of view of the average consumer, such as I am, OnePlus phones are powerful, fast, and in the future they need to get better without fear that their price will go up. I think one of the secrets that pleasantly tickles the user is the constant small improvements and changes not only in hardware and software, but even only in the interface, just some small but frequent changes - believe me, this is fun and keeps the fans happy. Lastly, for fear of making a mistake, my recommendation is to stick to the pure Android design, because the recent past and present show that one who wanders between imitations of Google and Apple loses - TouchWiz, Emui ...

3. Eshan002
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2019

Eshan002 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 24, 2019 :
    One feature I'd like to see added is the ability to pin apps to top in the app drawer, we can pick how long we wanna pin them for.... so for example, If I know I'll use "google classroom" a lot today, I'll just pin it on top (in the app drawer) for the whole day, 1hour, 6hours, or until manually turned off

#ExtraStuffingPlease

4. stahlwolf
    Donut Nov 24, 2019

stahlwolf , Nov 24, 2019 :
    I *just* ordered a 7 Pro today :D - also, first post - and have been reading a lot about Oxygen OS in the last couple of days (moving over from Pixel XL), and I think the thing I'll miss is having the Google feed (updates are more important to me than discovery) when swiping right on the home screen.

Can't wait to try Oxygen OS out!
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

5. MosG
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

6. F1574650430906
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

F1574650430906 , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Make themes that can automatically change based on time, location or profile (silent, vibrate, ring).

7. Q1574653102183
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

Q1574653102183 , Nov 25, 2019 :
    I got one plus 7 pro and it's amazing so far... just little things like the size of back home and recent apps buttons.. the size of the strip is big enough to increase the size of these buttons by 50% LG G4 is a good example of this.
    also screen capture on LG G4 instead of pressing volume down and power button at the same time.
    when logging into the phone I use the pin, and the number pad is again smaller than what it should be. little bigger numbers... thicker font maybe...
    that's it for now...
    maybe increase the size of notifications in the status bar on top for those who have bad eye sight...
    battery level wifi NFC etc time....
    Double tap to turn the screen on and off like on LG G4 if it won't bog down the system too much..

Just thought of this one, how about the ability to charge the phone to preset percentage (90%) to prolong the battery life? in my case I really don't need my phone charged at 100%.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019

8. L1572053743023
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

chetanksurya likes this.

9. poe_fosho
    Froyo Nov 25, 2019

poe_fosho , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Always On Display!
    Let the user decide if the battery drain is worth it!

thanks!

chetanksurya likes this.
  10. L1574694506817
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

L1574694506817 , Nov 25, 2019 :
    i just got a one plus and I think something amazing you can add is camera filters and nowadays a lot of camera apps have them and you guys can add them this would 100 percent be the best phone as it already is. thanks

11. Nithin Yeruva
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

Nithin Yeruva , Nov 25, 2019 :
    One thing that I would like to see is an extreme power saver mode.

I know that we have a battery saver but if you look at what Samsung does with their extreme power save mode you will see that it blacks out everything. I would have my phone on one or zero percent for 2 hours, it was insane. But even if we didn't get this feature I wouldn't be super disappointed because of Warp Charge but if you were away from an outlet it would definitely come in clutch.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

12. UchayO
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2019

UchayO , Nov 26, 2019 :
    It would be nice to have a native media player, instead of having to install a 3rd party app. Thank you #ExtraStuffingPlease

13. ccamacho83
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2019

14. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Nov 26, 2019

cdnfarmer , Nov 26, 2019 :
    @Ruby G.
    What about enhancing Pro Mode features? Keep updating the features and perhaps enhancing the UI or having a magnifier functions to help focus better (maybe particular with the macro mode of 7T and even older phones). Also, the auto mode in Pro Mode gives very different pictures (e.g. colour, exposure etc) compare to auto mode in photo settings with and without HDR.

Pro Mode is a neat feature of OOS. Ok I know other phones have something similar but it is a key functions that allows OnePlus users to push the camera features and take pictures of the northern lights, stars, trailing etc pictures. It is also something that makes OnePlus stands out over iPhones especially the older (2 years old) models.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

15. chetanksurya
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2019

16. coopatroopa316
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2019

coopatroopa316 , Nov 26, 2019 :
    #ExtraStuffingPlease
    How about automatic driving mode. It detects when you are driving and limits notifications/alerts