[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N1574873605104
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

N1574873605104 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    I'll admit to not having a whole lot of experience with OOS, I would like to see more security. Call me paranoid, but you can never have to much, imho

2. G_Sanni_Prest_ZmdP
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

3. F1574088809886
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

F1574088809886 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    2 things I would like to see in the update OS:
    1. Functionality of installing dual apps,for eg I should be able load 2 separate whatsapp accounts on the same phone
    2. The option of recording voice calls within calling menu

4. ocilate
    Donut Nov 27, 2019

ocilate , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Simple request:

Can you please make a limited Sandstone edition of the new release! A phone with a better grip makes sense!

For Oxygen OS you can make a customizable dialer app. During a phone call it would be cool to send an emoji if the other person has a OnePlus as well.

5. dacalvin
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

6. srini56
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

7. fbattle
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

fbattle , Nov 27, 2019 :
    I would love an app that tracks the current OS install with known security vulnerabilities and states if the issue is addressed or if the issue is not relevant, or not exploitable. Security and hacking is always on my mind. #NeverSettle #ExtraStuffingPlease

8. drl431
    Marshmallow Nov 27, 2019

drl431 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    More customization options for the Ambient Display would be nice.
    Such as a settable "on time" rather than duration established by movement after pick up.
    And the ability to add widgets to it, like weather.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

9. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 27, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Nov 27, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

What's the suggestion?
    Ambient Navigation Mode, combining the always on display Ambient Display with Google Maps - to get an actual Always On Display for the time you use your device to navigate.

How does it work?
    When you navigate using Google Maps and turn off your screen, instead of just being off, it will switch to a black-white-blue-ish view that has a minimalistic version of the way in front of you, with some basic info regarding your next turns, remaining length etc.

How does it look?
    Just have a look at the header image, it's pretty much the thing. How would it look in action?
    Like that:

What is the use of it?
    A) Battery saving. Imagine you are on the highway, driving a thousand miles without anything really happening, but you still want to stay up to date about the way ahead of you. Your only choice, right now, is to leave your screen on. Bad for battery, especially in summer, when the device has to boost to full brightness and then heats a bit. I had that in summer and it was annoyiiiiing.
    B) Screen burn in prevention. Goes hand in hand with the display thing from A. Screen is not on, pixels are dimmed, status bar does not burn in.
    C) Safety. You do not need to reach for your phone just to check whether Maps is still running, you do not get disturbed by heads-up notifications when you have Maps on, etc. The minimalistic map gives you enough info at a glance!
    D) Flex on your iPhone friends! It took them 6 years to get a working Maps app, so why not take the whole thing to the next level! Tell your best Apple friend to use their phone to navigate and watch their brand new iPhone 11 Max S Pro Plus battery die within 2 hours. That's the definition of friendship.

We already have some great integrations of Google Services, like Google Duo, so why not have one more! #ExtraStuffingPlease

Shivang Joshi, Ruby G. and t2jbird like this.
  10. t2jbird
    Froyo Nov 27, 2019

t2jbird , Nov 27, 2019 :
    SCHEDULED System-Wide Dark Mode with a Quick Setting Tile

#ExtraStuffingPlease

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  11. t2jbird
    Froyo Nov 27, 2019

t2jbird , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Give this man something. This design and idea are both fantastic!

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  12. Cynosural
    Donut Nov 27, 2019

Cynosural , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Would love the option to turn off sound on notifications while on speakerphone

#ExtraStuffingPlease

13. G_ROB_mvSr
    Donut Nov 27, 2019

G_ROB_mvSr , Nov 27, 2019 :
    OxygenOS is already an amazing experience. But one thing that I think would make it even better is lock screen customizations.
    How often do we glance at our lock screen to see notifications, the time, check to make sure your alarm is set etc. We rely on that quick and useful information quite often.

Add the ability to choose lock screen shortcuts at the bottom, maybe make it possible to add a few specific types of info widgets (windows?) say.... Emails from specific addresses, a minimal calendar showing next appointment.

I think adding more customizations to the lock screen could be very productive

14. K1547982705386
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

K1547982705386 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Increase ownership of the OnePlus Phones through education. OnePlus OxygenOS engineers would expand the existing OnePlus calculator. The phone would become a necessary tool in mathematic processes from Grade School through College, basic math through calculus!

15. Justincredible_J
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

Justincredible_J , Nov 27, 2019 :
    This is something small but I would like if the OnePlus widget would display across the whole home screen.
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

16. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 27, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Thanks dude!

t2jbird likes this.
  17. JessicaEsty
    Donut Nov 27, 2019

JessicaEsty , Nov 27, 2019 :
    I would love to see an always on display or a system wide dark mode (including navigation)

18. A1564418790566
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

A1564418790566 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Min/Max slider limits for the adaptive brightness screen controls to ensure adjustments are always within a customizable threshold.
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

19. emes921
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2019

emes921 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Seems pretty simple to me. Please add Google Assistant Ambient to OxygenOS. To me it seems like the only thing that other phones have that I do not have yet.

Thanks!