[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1543036116688
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

F1543036116688 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    I’d like to see Call Screen added to OnePlus (6T and other models). Another feature that would be helpful is to lock home screen icon positions. I often carry my phone in my pocket and it adds/removes/moves icons. #ExtraStuffingPlease

2. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 27, 2019

FlixbusLennart , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 27, 2019 :
    turn off your screen to prevent accidental touches

3. G_Kuru_Naki_WspV
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

G_Kuru_Naki_WspV , Nov 27, 2019 :
    I would like quick utilities option, implemented with a gesture or a swipe so that I can assign apps to it or a certain action (like opening Google news feed) and quickly reach to those apps or pages and use them.
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

4. Eddy04
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

Eddy04 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Oxygen OS is already 1337, but an awesome feature is to have a Desktop Mode.

By using the USB-C port, connect to a monitor and the OnePlus can go into Oxygen OS Desktop Mode to use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

OOS has the potential and power to do this and nail it.

#ExtraStuffingPlease #NeverSettle

5. B1572036118393
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

B1572036118393 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    An extension on Chrome or an app for Windows and Mac that would allow for local backups, moving files and all of the usual stuff, but also allow for customizations to OxygenOS that aren't as fluidly easy directly from the mobile device.

And #ExtraStuffingPlease, if maybe when viewing a video or picture, can it be possible to move the image/video to the side and use the space from the black bars for extra controls for picture filters or other advanced image related usage?

6. ammario180
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

ammario180 , Nov 27, 2019 :
    A OnePlus store! You can download official OnePlus icon packs, live wallpapers, fonts, widgets, etc. You can also apply them directly through the app. That would be awesomeeee!

#NeverSettle #ExtraStuffingPlease

7. bravevolfanoftwins
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2019

bravevolfanoftwins , Nov 27, 2019 :
    A way to customize the Google Assistant keyword. This way you can activate it without activating every device in earshot.
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

8. CarlosZepeda
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

9. thirdeye18
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

thirdeye18 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    I would like to see the ability to change the provider for the weather app. Living outside the US I would like to make sure I am getting better data for where I am.

10. Marxus23
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

Marxus23 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 28, 2019 :
    I just purchased my first one + phone and let me say I am having trouble finding things to add. The overall feeling and flow is amazing. Love the layout and the look. Just wish there was more of this one+ feeling over the Android system. Such as and email app or calender. Something to close the full package.

11. ogonga
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

ogonga , Nov 28, 2019 :
    On my OnePlus One, I was able to slide my finger across the top of my screen (notification bar) to adjust the brightness quickly and in one step. I'm guessing the notch is making this difficult to implement... But this was a great feature that I really miss.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

12. orfeoplus
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

13. cdnfarmer
    KitKat Nov 28, 2019

cdnfarmer , Nov 28, 2019 :
    @Ruby G. And @Jimmy Z.

1. What about adding Pro Mode to the main selection menu when you open up the camera app? OR
    2. being able to pick from a list of items( e.g video, photo, pro mode, portrait, night) based on the user desired option (for advanced users). For example I can have the video default photo and Pro Mode. Meanwhile someone who often uses Nightscape or portrait could keep it on the first screen when they open it. I realize that this may not appeal to all users that is why I suggest to open camera> advance settings and then in the app settings for changes to this set up at any time. OR
    3. Having the option to select Pro Mode as the default when opening the camera app.

The nice outcome of option 2 is that it would allow users to further customize their device without adding any bloatware. Moreover, it would make using the camera app easier and faster. It would allow users to pick key aspects and what they need and access it with less scrolling making the user experience smoother and faster giving a burdenless experience.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019

14. Flinchbug
    Donut Nov 28, 2019

Flinchbug , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Ability for gestures on home screen, like double tap or 2 finger swipe. #Extrastuffingplease

15. G_C_B_ofqq
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

G_C_B_ofqq , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Switch from task to task with the customizable One Plus bar.

Provide a setting to visually cut the screen by 10% at the top or sides (customizable?) to allow for in-app tabs such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, URL links, and etc.

Each tab should be similar to a link. If I can't get an app I need the ability to add a URL link to the icon tab (auto generated website icon?) so I can get to my favorite sites at the touch of a button without closing my current app then reopening a new app window.

Productivity is the game. One plus always plays it harder than the competition. :)

I look forward to seeing the results.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019

16. W1573834705215
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

W1573834705215 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Lock screen while playing video and give at least audio playback(while playing e.g utube) in screen off mode.

17. Bluecat08
    Froyo Nov 28, 2019

Bluecat08 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Yes, please!

18. Bluecat08
    Froyo Nov 28, 2019

Bluecat08 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Creating the native SMS messaging app and integrating something similar to RCS with OP devices.

19. ToluBongz
    Donut Nov 28, 2019

ToluBongz , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Hi. Would be nice to have the ability to search in recent calls, currently it defaults to searching in contacts. #ExtraStuffingPlease

20. Jordan marten_
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

Jordan marten_ , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    It would be really awesome if you can add another gesture to enable split screen, now it takes multiple steps just to enable it, but before, it was just a double tap or a long press, maybe add a swipe like the one for the google assistant but from the left side to enable it. #ExtraStuffingPlease