[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rallessio
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

2. tomdog22
    Donut Nov 28, 2019

tomdog22 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    i think what you should consider doing, and google kinda went there, is some kind of ambient display, but better. by adding wireless charging, you could then bake in a nite screen. so at night when you go to sleep, you set the phone, in landscape, on the wireless charger, and the clock screen comes on. in the morning when you wake, it could then display your calendar, the weather and so on. and be all charged to boot. also you could then add a nice wireless charger to your stable of fine products. in all honesty, i've been looking for a phone to check all these boxes, but even with available apps, i've found nothing to satisfy my need. and i'm still looking...

Clenche likes this.
  3. ksahrakar
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

ksahrakar , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Very simple.
    Just update with core android features more frequently!

4. Tuatara
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

Tuatara , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Option to remove icon text (I know the app by icon and the text is a lot of extra space being wasted). Along with that allowing for more rows of icons due to text being removed.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

5. V1574028370608
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

6. amorde
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

amorde , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Allow multiple options for Zen mode:
    • 30, 60 minutes options
    • Whitelist one app
    • Black and white screens.

7. danielkorp
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

danielkorp , Nov 28, 2019 :
    when you get a text with a GIF have it show movement in the message instead of having to open it.

8. Bruce King
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

Bruce King , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 29, 2019 :
    A tiny improvement that will make the Recent Apps tray more useful would be not to put those apps that are pinned to the Toolbox there. it shouldn't be too difficult to check against the Toolbox list before pinning the last used app to the Recent Apps tray.

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  9. Kyle Eger
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

Kyle Eger , Nov 29, 2019 :
    I really need a one-handed mode. I love big phones but I can't use half the screen with one hand. :(

Ultra battery saving like what Samsung has would be cool too.

Clenche likes this.
  10. Clenche
    Donut Nov 29, 2019

Clenche , Nov 29, 2019 :
    Hey guys,
    I'm a simple french student dreaming of being part of the OnePlus story (sorry if there are english mistakes).
    After I bought a OnePlus 7 pro, my viewpoint about the smartphones totally changed. This brand makes changes and improvements of the software and the devices to make our life better (not to make more money like some brands with an apple).
    This way to look makes the clients, a part of the OnePlus family. And that's the fact that make OnePlus Different from the other companies. We are considered as real humans and not just consumers. This fact is confirmed 'cause OnePlus is asking (to the clients) what we think about their products and how you could make them better.
    So that's why I want to say thank you to the one who's reading this post for being a part of the family.

Anyway, the question is the coolest animation of Oxygen OS nowadays.
    I absolutely the move when you swipe left to right at the bottom of the screen to get the last app opened. And it is even more beautiful when you set the gestures in the settings and hide the navbar. It makes like the whole screen is coming right to your hand.

To finish with this post, thank you all guys for reading me, a simple dude with stars in the eyes when talking about OnePlus. I wish the best for all of you !

Kerkdriel and FlixbusLennart like this.
  11. Clenche
    Donut Nov 29, 2019

Clenche , Nov 29, 2019 :
    Hey guys,
    I'm a simple french student dreaming of being part of the OnePlus story (sorry if there are english mistakes).
    After I bought a OnePlus 7 pro, my viewpoint about the smartphones totally changed. This brand makes changes and improvements of the software and the devices to make our life better (not to make more money like some brands with an apple).
    This way to look makes the clients, a part of the OnePlus family. And that's the fact that make OnePlus Different from the other companies. We are considered as real humans and not just consumers. This fact is confirmed 'cause OnePlus is asking (to the clients) what we think about their products and how you could make them better.
    So that's why I want to say thank you to the one who's reading this post for being a part of the family.

Anyway, the question is the coolest animation of Oxygen OS nowadays.
    I absolutely the move when you swipe left to right at the bottom of the screen to get the last app opened. And it is even more beautiful when you set the gestures in the settings and hide the navbar. It makes like the whole screen is coming right to your hand.

To finish with this post, thank you all guys for reading me, a simple dude with stars in the eyes when talking about OnePlus. I wish the best for all of you !

12. onewyldsubie
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

Clenche likes this.
  13. Pawan_95
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2019

Clenche and ShigBammy like this.
  14. ShigBammy
    Donut Nov 30, 2019

15. Clenche
    Donut Nov 30, 2019

16. ShigBammy
    Donut Nov 30, 2019

Clenche likes this.
  17. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 30, 2019

luigimario , Nov 30, 2019 :
    Just had a good idea for horizon light (unless it's already there and I didn't notice). From what I can tell it just flashes once along with the ambient display when the message comes in. I would love to see an option for it to flash until you check the notification, like a LED notification light would.

I'm guessing battery use is a concern with that so perhaps there could be options to flash the horizon light every 5/10/20/30/60 seconds (user's choice, to conserve battery), and it could flash until you check the message or you could have it stop after a preset amount of time, say in 5 minute increments.

I think having more customizability with frequency of flashes and the end time of the flashes would allow people to have the best of being notified and conserving battery. So maybe give the user the choice of it flashing every x seconds, and x can be any number of seconds up to 5 or 10 minutes. And the end time of flashes could be in 5 minute increments up to say 12 hours.

That way people could have it flash often for a max of 5 minutes, or flash once every 10 minutes for a max of 12 hours etc.

Edit: I know this is after the 28th but I just think it's a good idea. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

ShigBammy, FlixbusLennart and Clenche like this.
  18. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 30, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Nov 30, 2019 :
    Nice to have you here! Enjoy your Saturday evening :)

Clenche likes this.

19. FlixbusLennart likes this.
  20. rudro_sett
    Froyo Dec 1, 2019

rudro_sett , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 1, 2019 :
    I don't have one, but I think it would be cool if 90Hz enabled devices could also record 90Hz video. I know it's not possible in 4K, but even just 1080p90 would look nice.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Clenche likes this.