[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last edited: Nov 19, 2019

Jordan marten_ and Bacon Man like this.
  2. Bacon Man
    Donut Nov 19, 2019

Bacon Man , Nov 19, 2019 :
    On the 7pro. in settings the gesture mode instead of the home screen buttons are nice ( I like that full screen), however it is hard to hit the sweet spot to swipe up to home and swipe on the sides to go back.

3. X1571858151039
    Donut Nov 20, 2019

X1571858151039 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    1) integrate Google wallpapers/live wallpaper

2) option to Integrate Google feed (left side page) instead of shelf (although I really like the shelf, I would like the option to have the Google feed as well +dark mode)

3) more ambient display options (smaller clock- ability to swipe notifications on the black display)

MosheG1 likes this.
  4. HOrobOD1
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

HOrobOD1 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 20, 2019 :
    1) Continue supporting my 6T with the new Android versions for a long time, preferably for another 3+ years. Still nobody comes close to matching how long Apple updates their old iPhones, why can't any Android manufacturers do the same? Please update more than just the last 3 generations of phones.

2) In the launcher, add a "+" button in folders that will allow you to mass select apps in a list format to add to a folder. Would make for much quicker organization with my loads of apps.

3) One handed mode would be nice to have with this tall screen.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Jordan marten_ likes this.
  5. Twistedvision
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

Twistedvision , Nov 20, 2019 :
    The ability to add/edit the ambiant display, and edit the lockscreen shortcuts would be nice #ExtraStuffingPlease

6. F_Pratik_Gandhi_fwVL
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

F_Pratik_Gandhi_fwVL , Nov 20, 2019 :
    it's quite a long time i have been waiting for a decent default audio (music)player application from you guys like other brands have. cuz don't like play music from google anymore.

Tax_Mny likes this.
  7. JMac1
    Donut Nov 20, 2019

Tax_Mny and Kleb32 like this.
  8. B1574217581490
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

Mecca EL likes this.
  9. TH30D
    Donut Nov 20, 2019

TH30D , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I recommend adding more customization to the Customization tab in the settings. For example, be able to have more colors for the horizon lights (RGB?) and set specific colors for specific apps so that it is easier to know where the notification came from. I also think adding the colorful option to the dark theme would be cool.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019

10. Shabujohn
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

Shabujohn , Nov 20, 2019 :
    One simple addition could be to enable brightness slider to show up on first pull of notification shade. This is a feature available in Samsung phones, and it would be great to see this simple, but very useful, feature added to Oxygen OS.

Also please enable separate volume controls for ring tone and notifications.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Nov 20, 2019

Starcommander , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I had this idea from a long time.
    Before I present this idea, here is the issues which I face
    1. While writing notes or jotting down assignments from a pdf, the screen turns itself off after a set interval.
    2. Everytime whenever I am copying my notes and screen turns off I have to click the power button > give my password > unlock the phone > turn it to landscape and continue writing.
    3. Current solution is to turn on display timeout to maximum before writing and again change it back to normal.
    This solution is cumbersome.

I suggest to add a quick tile in settings called the study mode.
    973466-09cd150a64eb6ad71d54cba9b93dd032.jpg

Features :
    • Will block notifications similar to gaming mode
    • Turn on reading mode
    • Set display timer to 30 min
    Reading mode will turn off when power button is pressed and display timeout will be back to normal.
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019

Tax_Mny, Ruby G., buntycubal and 5 others like this.
  12. ralph90009
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

ralph90009 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Could half-height widgets be a thing?I hate all the wasted space around my Google search bar widget, and could easily fit a weather widget in the same 1x5 space, but since a widget has to be a full 1x5 there's just an ocean of blank space around it.

MosheG1 likes this.
  13. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Nov 20, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 20, 2019 :
    awesome I idea! would love to see it implemented!

me_pavan2329 and Starcommander like this.
  14. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Nov 20, 2019

cdnfarmer , Nov 20, 2019 :
    @Ruby G. @Jimmy Z.
    Integrate YaImCo by @hennes (photo compression) in either the photo app or in the community app.

I suggest the photo app because some people may want to compress the picture and send elsewhere. This app preserves the integrity of the picture. Interestingly, it would be adding a function in the existing picture edit menu. Therefore it is NOT adding bloatware.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019

drl431, TibiTibi, buntycubal and 3 others like this.
  15. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2019

cdnfarmer likes this.

chetanksurya likes this.
  17. hectorvx
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

hectorvx , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Having the option to place a sticky note and being able to make it semi transparent to see a application behind the sticky note where ever I placed it on the screen. I have a hard time remembering large numbers so having a sticky note to write a note down and being able to see it as I am using an application would be really useful.

18. sahil_mithwani , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I think a cool feature would be to add a "post it note" like widget in the shelf that one can simply scribble a quick note on. Then once you are done it automatically adds on to the notes app and clears back up for whenever you need it again

19. Kimeiga
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

Kimeiga , Nov 20, 2019 :
    The gesture based navigation should have a way to activate Google Now without having to say "Hey Google"

just like the normal navigation bar has the home soft button which calls Google Now on long press.

20. Mecca EL
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2019

Mecca EL , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 20, 2019 :
    WebOS, SailfishOS and BlackBerry 10 OS has/had a feature that turns what Android called the Recent Tab, into a LIVE set of Recents Frames. For Power Users, this option would reduce the amount of time it would take to do a slow swipe up from the bottom movement, and add recently parked Apps to the Home Screen section, with a simple swipe right to left movement.

Here's an example: https://developer.blackberry.com/design/bb10/active_frames.html

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Starcommander likes this.