[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q1574264446515
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

2. johnnynono57
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

johnnynono57 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    voice control for camera... I would like to say "capture", "shoot", "take picture"... anything.

Tax_Mny and chinmaydhala like this.
  3. T1574211808996
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

T1574211808996 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I am new to Oxygen OS and One Plus, I came from XDA Forums and this phone appears to be widely known in the modding/rooting world. I used to have a Moto Z3 play and I have tried to root it but came to so many roadblocks just to get it working and when I did get it working it bricked my system. (I did not change rom simply added Magisk).

If there's one suggestion I could say to add to Oxygen OS is to add easy recovery assistance options in the event that someone like me accidentally bricks their system when changing rom or rooting. Such as built in functionality to go back in time and just re-install the Oxygen OS via Factory reset on fastboot.

I don't know how feasible this would be to do, but for someone like me who does rooting / modding and isn't immune from making mistakes. It would be extremely helpful to have a built-in rescue option either via desktop application, fastboot command or bootloader mode.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Tax_Mny, Ruby G. and MosheG1 like this.
  4. Kikomono23
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2019

Kikomono23 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Features I would love to have:
    1. Be able to remap gestures on android 10 such as change the corner triggers to pull down notification, show volume panel, split apps, etc.

2. Be able to change the sensitivity of the Back gesture

3. Add swipe up or down on the sides' edge to trigger more functions

4. Setting to change answer phone call by swiping horizontally, not vertically.

5. Hold down on lock screen to show lock screen's motion live wallpaper (like how Iphone used 3D touch to trigger)

6. Able to create more shortcuts to add to the quick setting panel

7. Screen record at max volume without turning the actual phone's volume or mute actual phone's speaker while recording (so other people can't hear what I'm watching but the volume of the recorded video is still loud and clear)

8. Allow app overlay on game mode (android 10 blocks facebook messenger's bubble while playing)

9. Add password for hidden space drawer

5. retal_to
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2019

retal_to , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Introducing Themes Pack/Theme App.
    Not only changing Icons or form shape. Deeply change the interface from AOSOP to a more complex customization
    Let users show their creativity

6. bhaumikbheda , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 20, 2019 :
    #ExtraStuffingPlease - I would love to see the following -

• Live Wallpapers on OP6. (Even better if the user can set a short 3-5 second video which plays when the screen is tap and held for 2 seconds)

• Automatically create folders in Gallery for similar categories like Sunsets, Sunrise, Food, People (Favorite People).

• An easy shortcut for screen recording like screenshot.

7. caffeinePlease
    Eclair Nov 20, 2019

caffeinePlease , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Being able to schedule Auto-Brightness and Battery Saver would be great. I'm a new dad and when we have to feed baby overnight, it'd be nice to go to sleep with my preferred settings already scheduled so it's one less thing I have to worry about before waking up at 2:00, or 3:00, or 4:00 a.m.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

MosheG1 likes this.
  8. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 20, 2019

luigimario , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Okay, I have a few ideas that may have already been mentioned, so sorry if I repeated anything.

I like having more customization options, so more style preference options would be nice, like whether the recent app list displays horizontally or vertically, more system theme colour choices, more system font options, more ways to customize the app drawer like in nova launcher, or an option for the alert slider to activate gaming mode instead of from the quick setting tiles.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

9. luigimario

I know there is already a system-wide dark mode, but it would be nice if it could be pure black instead of just dark grey.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Tax_Mny and chetanksurya like this.
  10. luigimario

More gesture options would be nice, like how the nav bar can have 9 functions (3 per button). Or the ability to customize what each gesture does, like you can with nav bar buttons.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Jordan marten_ and Antonio_Luis like this.
  11. luigimario

People have suggested a one-handed mode before, like what other OEMs do. I think that would be useful on a large, tall phone like the 7 Pro/7T/6T, but there could be 2 possibilities.

One being shrinking the screen with the same aspect ratio so there is black space above and to one side of the displayed screen. The other option would be to lower the top of the screen so there is black space above the displayed area only so you can reach the notification pane and "top of the screen" with only one hand.

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  12. luigimario

It would be nice to customize the lock screen further with what you want to display there. Examples could include custom weather info (what area and/or what stats to display like temp/chance of precipitation/hours of daylight/hi-low/UV level/etc.) You could have calendar items displayed to quickly see your next appointment, display the battery level (if that isn't already there), and an option for always on display might be appreciated (with a warning about battery drain/screen burn).

#ExtraStuffingPlease

Antonio_Luis and templeofdoom like this.
  13. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 20, 2019

The1Lion likes this.
  14. Arnab_1997
    Froyo Nov 20, 2019

Arnab_1997 , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I would love if it has a turning off counter for 20 seconds before battery dies. Like in the Huawei/Honor phones. It can be done in a stockish design. This is something I sorely need.
    #ExtraStuffingPlease

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019

Jordan marten_ likes this.
  15. Arnab_1997
    Froyo Nov 20, 2019

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019

templeofdoom likes this.
  16. A1574201041400
    Donut Nov 20, 2019

A1574201041400 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    The OS10 update would be nice, and voice command for the camera too.
    I really love the speed, and even with the battery saver on, it's still much faster than my old G6.

17. X1571858151039 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Red , Nov 20, 2019 :
    while this is a good idea, it's not really advised to keep the display on for extended periods of time to avoided burns in your screen. but still a good idea to have

MosheG1 likes this.
  18. O1560733906345
    Donut Nov 21, 2019

O1560733906345 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I know quite a bit of people that like to see a clean and crisp background when they unlock their phone. in order to successfully do this their needs to be an option to remove absolutely everything from the initial screen on phone. which you mostly can but without completely crippling yourself, we should be able to see Time on the notification bar when you pull it down next to the Battery percentage. Actually would be nice to have the choice to view all logos like you would on your home screen but on your notification bar WHEN you pull it down. #ExtraStuffingPlease

1574294467638.jpg

1574294538093.jpg

19. brian.sedore
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

brian.sedore , Nov 21, 2019 :
    More visual customizations directly from OnePlus (fonts, icon packs, sounds, etc.). I realize there are many icon packs, fonts, sounds, wallpapers, etc. that can already be found on the Play Store, but let's face it, the amount of times that I have heard about malware apps being found on the Play Store is discouraging me from venturing into the realm of downloading icon packs from John Smith Inc or other random companies.

The ability to customize more visual aspects of the OS (notification shade, app launcher, settings) would be nice too, but a quick customization that might have a big impact is additional OnePlus content.

20. September Sticks
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

September Sticks , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Oxygen OS is great already, but it would be really convenient if we could perform the following actions:

1). Pin our notes to Home screen

2). Have Split Screen mode available for Gallery and Notes or any OnePlus Launcher app

3. Have a unique set of Emoji's for the keyboard

I feel that these functions will make Oxygen OS much more convenient than it already is plus allow more functionality.

#ExtraStuffingPlease