[US and Canada] Extra Stuffing Giveaway - Tell us one way to make OxygenOS even better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y_oo
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

2. BigFootToo , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I have Wi-Fi calling on my 7T and I'm on T-Mobile. WiFi calling is done on the carrier side. phones come with the technology inside. If your carrier doesn't offer it, switch carriers.

3. BigFootToo , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I have Wi-Fi calling on my 7T and I'm on T-Mobile. WiFi calling is done on the carrier side. phones come with the technology inside. If your carrier doesn't offer it, switch carriers.

4. shannonxtreme
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

shannonxtreme , Nov 22, 2019 :
    WiFi calling and VoLTE are offered by carriers only if the device manufacturer provides test devices so network engineers can test the feature before making it live. They don't just enable features without testing, that would be a nightmare.

5. BigFootToo , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :

shannonxtreme

WiFi calling and VoLTE are offered by carriers only if the device manufacturer provides test devices so network engineers can test the feature before making it live. They don't just enable features without testing, that would be a nightmare.​

Since you know everything then. good luck with that. why all a question if you know it all then? makes no sense. no reply is needed. you know everything.

6. shannonxtreme
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

I'm not claiming to know everything. I'm telling you that this is what my carrier's staff told me. it's also pretty logical to imagine they'd require testing and certification for features like this. I'm providing feedback to OnePlus that it would be nice to see them work with more carriers to offer these features. I also never asked a question. I was giving feedback.

7. BigFootToo , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :
    lol ok. WiFi is built in to your phone. its a chip. volte is also a chip in your phone. If the carrier won't do it, that's them, not OnePlus. WiFi calling can be turned on by the carrier, but if they don't have the capabilities in their Network equipment, it's not OnePlus' issue.

8. insainity
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

shannonxtreme likes this.
  9. shannonxtreme
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

Thanks for the clarification! I recognize that the hardware is in the phone. However, many carriers simply won't turn on a feature unless the device manufacturer works with them to certify the device. It's a part of their process. So OnePlus would need to express interest in certifying their phones on (for example) Telus/Koodo. That's what I was providing feedback on - I'd love to see OnePlus work with more carriers to certify their devices and add them to the whitelist.

My apologies if there was a miscommunication on my part here!

10. BigFootToo , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 22, 2019 :
    likewise. good luck

shannonxtreme likes this.
  11. shannonxtreme
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

BigFootToo likes this.
  12. MichaelZane2
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2019

moonspeak likes this.

13. shannonxtreme likes this.
  14. moonspeak
    Froyo Nov 22, 2019

moonspeak , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Make the parking location widget actually automatically mark your parking location when you disconnect from a specific bluetooth device (the car).

15. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2019

16. rvermausa
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

17. Brad57
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2019

Brad57 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Firstly, I would recommend adding an option to change the opacity of the OnePlus launcher app draw.

Secondly, I would like the option for the quick settings to fill the whole top screen instead of leaving a black line at the stop.

Thirdly, I would want to see the navigation gestures better. Instead of having to swipe up from a certain height then have it snap into multitasking, it would be better to swipe and have the screen follow your fingers to multitasking menu. Also, the navigation bar should be transparent throughout all apps not just PDF documents or pre installed apps. Applications such as twitter and chrome have an annoying bar at the bottom. The bar is fine, just not the background of it.

Lastly, I would also recommend the option to add Google feed. It an easier way of looking at my news rather than having to go into chrome or Google News apps.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019

18. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2019

Danielarr45 , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 22, 2019 :
    if you are set to use the navigation gesture (left and right) , please disable the Google assistant launch by long pressing the power button. it's not necessary.

19. K1542235460464
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

20. ishant0007
    Donut Nov 23, 2019