[US and Canada] Season of Giving: Share a heartwarming story, give a gift!

1. bobafett160
    Eclair Dec 23, 2019

bobafett160 , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 23, 2019 :
    my OnePlus phone fell into the toilet I was able to recover it and I babied it and make sure all the water was out and the phone still work wow is one of my heartwarming experience and thought I lost my phone

2. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Dec 23, 2019

3. A1563203556363
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2019

A1563203556363 , Dec 23, 2019 :
    I had been crying about how my brother had chosen his BFF (my ex-boyfriend) after we broke up - I was already pretty damned emotionally unstable beforehand and just ended a relationship of 7 months; I was in complete turmoil. Mum found me and wanted to know what had happened so I told her that my brother had chosen his BFF in some argument. She called my brother and started yelling at him, at which point he subsequently told my mum to ask what exactly it was we were fighting about.

I had started to sob and managed to gasp out, “Mom, I’m gay.” She had been hugging me and asked, “So what?” At that point my dad, who had been hiding away in his room, came out and asked why I was crying. I came out to him as well and he, too, asked, “So what?”

It's not exactly "Christmasy," but it's a heartwarming story
    about a point in my life I realized just how much I was loved by my parents.

Thanks to all those that read my little story, good luck in the contest, and happy holidays!

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. Bacon Man
    Donut Dec 23, 2019

Bacon Man , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Dec 23, 2019 :
    when I was in the 8th grade there was a school get to gether. where there where games and such but most importantly they had a wii. And the people hosting had a lot of trouble setting it up. so I asked if they needed help. they said yes so I took a look at it and fixed it. And I was about to leave when one of the ladies asked if I could come to her room before school to help set it up for the special education students. which I happily obolged for the rest of the year. And I will never forget the smiles on there faces.

MosheG1 likes this.
  5. Famin
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2019

Famin , Dec 23, 2019 :
    This story is related to One Plus and is a very close story of mine.. I don't know I just wanted to share this story after reading all of that heart warming story.

I was a teenage girl of 16 years old. I was very fond of Maths and would pass overnight just by solving them. I loved to hear music while doing math. But I didn't have a cellphone of good memory content. I had a very old version of Nokia and the memory left for music was only 10 MB. I would take only a 5 MB mp3 song by Bluetooth to my cellphone and would listen this only one song for the whole night doing maths. Then the next morning I would delete them and take a new one. Whatever it is, I had only option for hearing one song for the whole night.

One day I cried and told my father to give me a new cellphone so that I can hear music. My father denied my request as he thought I would waste time if he gave me a new cell phone. That time my brother who is 3 years older than me and a Marine Engineer was in Training Period. I called him and cried and he said " Don't cry!! When I get my first salary, your brother will buy you a new cellphone". That day I stopped crying. My brother got an internship in one of the ship and got his very first salary of 200$ from his internship. He came home and used 150$ for buying me a new cellphone and 50$ for buying things for my other sister. That was a touch screen cellphone and I didn't leave the phone even for a minute from my eyes. I was so happy and took more than 50 songs altogether to my new phone. I never ever foget that moment. It's been nearly 10 years and I always wanted to do something for my brother.

Now I have left my country for pursuing graduate degree in the USA and going to visit my home country this December. I have bought a ONE PLUS for my brother and I know he would be more than happy getting it since it will be the first super quality, high performance phone of his. I just can't wait to see his expression.

I enjoyed story of @MosheG1

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019

Ruby G. and MosheG1 like this.
  6. MosheG1

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 23, 2019 :
    wow! your story is awesome as well!

Famin likes this.
  7. Famin
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2019

Famin , Dec 23, 2019 :
    Thank you. I decided to share it after reading your story.

MosheG1 likes this.
  8. MosheG1

9. G1577152208421
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2019

G1577152208421 , Dec 24, 2019 :
    i work at a grocery store and i help old people get to their car, and one time a lady tried to tip be with a frozen gluten free muffin (blueberry).

10. tawnyy
    Froyo Dec 24, 2019

tawnyy , Dec 24, 2019 :
    TL/DR - helped out a stranger

So - heartwarming? I don't know. True though.

The town I live in is a big bicycle town; in fact it houses the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame. As I was driving home from taking my husband first to a medical appointment and then to work (so it was midday and very hot) I got off the freeway at the frontage road, wanting to get out of traffic. I saw someone with a flat bicycle tire who was obviously homeless. I stopped to see if he needed any help; he asked if I had any water he could have (I didn't). He was planning to walk the rest of the five miles to his destination in beastly heat with no water. Since my husband is disabled I have a rack on the back of my car for transporting his wheelchair and electric scooter. I told him that I thought I could probably put his bike on the back, tie it down, and give him a ride to town where he could get water - which I did, letting him off at the park he wanted to go to.

Shamefully, I was uncomfortable with the idea of him knowing where I lived, so I didn't want to do the next part until I dropped him off. I went back to my house, grabbed my bike tools, my tire levers and patch kit, my floor pump, some Slime (flat preventative) and one of my surplus water bottles that I don't use. (I collect them at events because my boys used to lose my insulated ones all the time.) Then I went back to the park, patched his flat, put Slime in the tubes to help prevent future flats, and gave him a real water bottle to use (the one he'd been asking me to fill was a beat up reused plastic juice bottle).

I mainly did it because no one should have to walk long distances in the summer heat here - but also because it was a small thing I could do to help a fellow human being have transportation and hydration. It felt pretty good to do something nice just because I had the time and tools available.

11. wsdekroney042
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2019

wsdekroney042 , Dec 26, 2019 :
    Pay it forward

Back in November I took my son to one of his many medical appointments. We usually go for lunch at the hospital cafeteria before or after his appointments. Well that time as I prepared to pay for our lunch the cashier told me the person before us had paid for the meal. I thanked the person for their generosity and kindness.

So I decided to pay for the person behind us, effectively starting a pay it forward event. It felt great and my son learned a valuable lesson.

Being the parent of a special needs child that cannot walk, @caffeinePlease story meant a lot to me. Thank you for reaching out to a disabled child and helping her to just be part of the fun like everyone else wants to be. It means the world to these kids.

12. BlackKnight2332 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 26, 2019 :
    when I lived in Miramar FL, I couldn't park my work van at my home and I spoke to Advance Auto manager that allowed me to park in his lot. I got off on day and was getting ready to park at the Advance Auto but decided to get gas first. The gas station was next door while pumping gas I witnessed this homeless man walk to the side of the building and fill up a gallon jug with water. Then he started drinking from it, this broke my heart. I stopped him and opened my wallet pulled out $40 and gave it to him. I didn't have much then but it was all I had to give, I only wished I could have gave more.

13. P1576324653477
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2019

P1576324653477 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 26, 2019 :
    Snow is just SO beautiful: it covers everything like a fluffy white blanket and makes for a picturesque panorama. Snow is also better than rain because you won’t get as soaked, and you can actually do activities in it, like skiing or throwing snowballs. Have you ever tried to throw a rainball? I didn’t think so either.

14. X1577386641790
    Eclair Dec 26, 2019

X1577386641790 , Dec 26, 2019 :
    Merry hoilday s to all one+ peeps

my story is not so different from others but is a miracle I was vacation in Bali seeing my Bali friend we both ride Moto bikes to only Bali people dance club on the way there the sky and road got so black even with head lights on I could not see anything in front of me then I hear sound of another Moto bike in front of me but not know were it is or how close it was next thing I know it hit me bang but I did not fell my bike moved to the lift of street and I must have hit a parked SUV with big steel back bumper why I say must have ? because I did no know I hit it withy head the impact shatter my helmet screen and I was in a coma I rolled under SUV till owner pulled me out
    by this time my friend had back tracked to me he saw this man kicking me my friend say what u doing ? he said he checked to see if I was alive but no breathing so he thought I'll kick him he wake up or he dead he not understand I was in coma my friend told him I was alive had my friend not find me the man told him he would put me on wood board send me into the ocean I would surely have died so most of my body was bleeding from the broken glass and being pulled from the SUV I was bleeding from my forehead my upper chest my upper right arm my side of my head I was a bloody mess me friend called his friends they come by with a truck they put me in because no trama hospital in Bali at this time so many hours pass and my friend not know what to do
    so after many many many hrs it was a miracle I just wake up God had rebooted my body and soul but I did not know what had happened to me I saw my friend and his friends shock on their faces I was saying to my friend let's go to dance club and why am I on a truck ? my friend said do u trust me I said yes but let's go he said 1st just listen to me ok sure I said he said look at me at my face ,when I tell u you can look down ok but not before ok sure sure I said so he began to tell me what had happened to me I did not really believe him but then I saw a Moto bike in front of me I asked wow that's a bad crash who's bike is it? my friend said it's yours I was confused then he said u can now look down. I saw all the blood dripping from my body later I got cleaned up and stiched up and was put on a bed to sleep from the meds I took but when my hear moved any direction I screened out from the pain I could not sleep well for 2or 3days if I moved I would screem then later I could sleep a bit with out screening but was always in great pain only walking seem to lower the pain then my friend come by told me about his friend that was music player at clubs that I have sing with him on stage he said u are very lucky to be alive I said I do not feel lucky he said our friend had same accedent on Moto bike but after he hit car he died a few hrs later I really then understand what he means it was a miracle from God that I did not die yes it took me 4months to get my body heathy and could move my body around without much pain in Bali a doctor said it's also miracle u healed in only 4months why because I have seen many accedens like yours but it took them years to recover I thought to myself that God saved my so that could help others may be well I hope my tale of this helps us all not to take our life for granted and to help each other out

Ruby G., P1576324653477 and MosheG1 like this.
  15. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 30, 2019

luigimario , Dec 30, 2019 :
    Thanks for the tag pal! Btw, what did your son get for you? If you already posted it, please tag me with a link. I didn't go back through the whole thread :p

The1Lion, cdnfarmer and MosheG1 like this.
  16. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Dec 30, 2019

The1Lion , Dec 30, 2019 :
    An ornament with two messages, one one each "side" :D
    IMG_20191225_083359__01.jpg IMG_20191225_083404__01.jpg

17. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Dec 30, 2019

The1Lion likes this.
  18. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 30, 2019

MosheG1 and The1Lion like this.
  19. Asmith2056