9.7%
  4. I don't game at all...

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Aug 22, 2019

jayanyway , Aug 22, 2019 :
    BA Gaming Header.png

Hey everyone, John here @jayanyway, one of the many fine Community Brand Ambassadors, going to talk to you today about mobile gaming on the OnePlus 7 Pro. First I’m going to talk a little bit of my gaming history and then explain why the OnePlus 7 Pro is perfect for mobile gaming.

I have been gaming for as long as I could remember. All started with the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) and all consoles leading up to the GameCube. After begging my parents for a good while, they finally caved in & bought me a PC that was built by Emachine and it had a funny sticker on the front that still makes me laugh till this day. It said “Never obsolete” and let me tell you, after a year of owning it, it was obsolete.

[​IMG]

But it did introduce me to a whole new set of games that were not on consoles at the time. I’m talking about Half-Life, Counter-Strike, StarCraft and Diablo.

I was addicted to PC gaming and that addiction led me down to a very expensive lifestyle, the pcmasterrace lifestyle. Right now I’m running an i7 8700k, 16GB DDR4, a GTX1070 and it’s able to run almost everything at it. Currently I’m playing PUBG and Fortnite, the two biggest battle royals out there. Luckily for me, they’ve made a mobile version of the game. This is where the OnePlus 7 Pro comes into play.

Just like my PC, I need a mobile phone that can handle everything thrown at it. The OnePlus 7 Pro runs both PUBG Mobile and Fortnite Mobile with no frame rate drops and that’s due to the powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™855 w/ Adreno 640 GPU. I personally play Fortnite with a controller and that’s because I need to see the full screen without my fat fingers blocking anything. Plus a controller just has a better feel to it. Sadly, PUBG doesn’t officially support controllers. There are some controllers that attach to the actual phone and imitate a touch input but I haven’t purchased any of those.

[​IMG]

I run both games at their highest settings possible and there are no graphical lag at all. But what I also love about gaming on the OnePlus 7 Pro is using Fnatic mode. With Fnatic mode, the OnePlus 7 Pro optimizes the CPU, GPU and RAM. It also mutes your coworkers annoying cat meme messages!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fnatic mode helps me get those sweet chicken dinners!

[​IMG]

I could go on and on about gaming and mobile gaming but I’d like to hear from you, the lovely OnePlus community. What games do you play on your OnePlus? Are you into battle royale style games or are you playing something else? Thanks for reading and I’ll see you on the battlefield!

2. Starcommander
    KitKat Aug 23, 2019

Starcommander , Aug 23, 2019 :
    This reminded me of my childhood lol:p also mine didnt have dvd r/w. It was only for CD rom :-/
    I used to play
    • Sim city
    • 8 ball pool
    • Gta
    • Bully
    • Many more...
    Then pubg came.. :p:p:p
    Now I only play pubg:p

3. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Aug 23, 2019

jayanyway , Aug 23, 2019 :
    I felt the same way when PUBG released on Steam. I stopped playing Overwatch, CSGO and Battlefield because of it. As far as mobile goes, I use to play a lot of emulators back in the day. SNES and Sega were my favorites to play. I always come back to Final Fantasy 7 on Android but I can never focus long enough to actually get anywhere in the game.

4. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 23, 2019

5. Starcommander
    KitKat Aug 23, 2019

6. jayanyway

jayanyway , Aug 23, 2019 :
    I never got into Candy Crush or Angry Birds. I did lose my mind when Flappy Bird was released lol

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 23, 2019

G_plusone , Aug 23, 2019 :
    Let me just send a quick Candy Crush request to your Facebook account :p

PUBG over Fortnite because Fortnite crashed mid game most of the time on the OnePlus 3 ;)

Wonderwoman13 and buntycubal like this.
  8. SeaRefractor
    Froyo Aug 23, 2019

SeaRefractor , Aug 23, 2019 :
    One of my favorite games from eons ago "Daktaklakpak 5576 squared! Daktaklakpak 888 warning! Utilization to the 356th power divided by warning! Daktaklakpak warning!"

Can you guess it's name?

9. Texasaggie1

buntycubal and jayanyway like this.
  10. Ad0
    Donut Aug 23, 2019

Lociaz and jayanyway like this.
  11. A1566084320977
    Donut Aug 24, 2019

Mickey117 and jayanyway like this.
  12. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Aug 24, 2019

jayanyway , Aug 24, 2019 :
    eeeek. I can't.

Mickey117 likes this.
  13. Sanoku
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

Sanoku , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I play Dragalia Lost, PUBG, and Skullgirls most. with some light arcade things like Subway surfers and piffle. All and all, great phone for practically anything

Mickey117 likes this.
  14. jetdragon67
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2019

jetdragon67 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I play psp, ps2 & ps1 emulators. It's amazing how far gaming has come on phones to handle full console emulators. I use a n30 pro Bluetooth controller is I want to play from a distance or a ipega 8093 for when I want to play like a handheld.

15. jetdragon67
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2019

jetdragon67 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I'd also like to mention that oneplus can totally start making gaming centric accessories for the phones. Seriously, a TV dock, a dual screen gaming case, a warp charging bank, oneplus ultimate controller.... List goes on and on. Oneplus has the base that will buy because the phones rock.

16. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Aug 25, 2019

HipsG, keithnyc and Mickey117 like this.
  17. GrandSepha
    Donut Aug 25, 2019

GrandSepha , Aug 25, 2019 :
    It would be really nice if OnePlus partnered with Gamevice or Flydigi to make a full add on for the 7 Pro

18. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

G_plusone , Aug 25, 2019 :
    What emulators do you use for ps2 & ps1?

19. jetdragon67
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  20. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

jetdragon67 likes this.