US Brand Ambassadors Discuss: Our All-Time Favorite Mobile Browsers

1. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Aug 6, 2019

Texasaggie1 , Aug 6, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

Hey what's up y'all!

This is Randy (@Texasaggie1) and John (@jayanyway) from the US Community Brand Ambassador Program and today we want to discuss our favorite browsers for the OnePlus 7 Pro. We both have a favorite and we would love to hear yours too!

Like everyone else, the browser for us is such a big deal on the OnePlus 7 Pro. It's one of the most used apps.

For me (Randy), there are four things I want out of a browser I use (mobile or desktop). First, I want to be able to have a jillion tabs open and it not lag. Second, I have privacy issues that I want the browser to address. Third, I want to be able to block ads when sites get ridiculous with them, and finally I want to be able to sync my passwords to my desktop browser.

The browser for me (Randy) is Opera! I've tried to use Opera for the desktop for decades but honestly it was never good enough for me. I did notice every time that I tried it that it would be a little better. Then in 2013, Opera announced that they were switching to a chromium base for their desktop and mobile browsers and things really started to change (the base is the same base that Google Chrome is built on by the way).

Fast forward to 2019 and in my opinion (Randy), Opera is the best browser for mobile (and desktop) by a long shot. It's the underdog for sure but I love it even more for that. It's fast and never lags no matter how many tabs I have open (usually 20-35). It looks great. The mobile version has a free ad blocker and a free VPN. You can toggle both with a switch. I use the VPN 24/7. I love knowing that my traffic is encrypted and not getting watched by others on the internet. I use the ad blocker when a site really needs it because the ads are affecting usability. (Don't get me started on that!). I do turn the ad blocker off when it's not needed. Since it's not a Google product, I don't worry about too much of my info getting into the Google ecosystem. I am able to sync my bookmarks, passwords, etc with my desktop with a password AND an encryption key but not a multi factor key. I've heard that is on their radar for the future.

The down side of Opera is that occasionally a site won't work because a button or link doesn't render correctly. In those cases, I'll use Google Chrome. Which, by the way, brings us to John's favorite browser, the true king of the hill, Google Chrome!

Hey guys! John here. I have tested and used just about every major browser for both desktop and mobile. Before Android came around, I was heavily into Opera (Opera Mini) on the Windows Mobile OS. I then switched gears to FireFox because at the time, at least for the desktop, there were these fantastic additions called extensions which made browsing way better for me. Ad blockers, YouTube to MP3 (don’t sue me Google) and many more. Then I found Chrome.

But as I’m getting older, I want everything to work right out of the box without needing to download other programs. Chrome is the stock Android web browser and it has everything I need already synced. Once logged in, Chrome has my passwords, bookmarks, history, tabs and even my credit cards synced, ready to easily be accessed (please don’t hack me). My entire tech life is surrounded by Google products (minus my OnePlus 7 Pro of course!). Whether it’s Chromecast, Google Home Mini or my Huawei Watch (Android OS) I am fully invested into the Google Ecosystem (sorry Randy!). Any changes made on any of those devices, Chrome mobile will know about it and tailor my web experience around it.

As simple as I do like to keep it, every once in awhile I like to mess with some settings & just like the desktop browser, you can access a special area called “flags”. This gives you the ability to tweak functions on the browser which can help with block annoying auto play videos or speed up the browser. These are all experimental so use with caution as some websites might break with any changes made.

That pretty much covers why Google Chrome is the browser for me (John).

One last thing we want to mention before we wrap it up… our "honorable mention" goes to Firefox for Mobile. It's fast, private, and the mobile version can use almost any extension that the desktop version can use. It definitely deserves mad props in our opinion.

We would like to know the following from you down in the comments:

1. What's your favorite browser for the OnePlus 7 Pro and why?

2. Do you have any cool mobile browser hacks you use that you'd like to share?

3. Post any questions you have too!

Thanks everybody! We look forward to hearing from you!

Randy and John

2. jayanyway

jayanyway , Aug 6, 2019 :
    I have another question!

Are you using the browser less now that some sites have their own app? In example Reddit did not have its own app for a while (there were third parties but nothing official) and I had to use chrome mobile browser to view Reddit.

Texasaggie1, KeBlam and Schafer like this.
  3. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

Mikey_1273 , Aug 6, 2019 :
    I have used a lot of Android devices over the last 10 years. I usually go back to Chrome for the browser. I have tried Firefox and while I love it on windows dont like it on any mobile device. Chrome in my opinion works best on Android, even when I'm using a Mac or iOS device I like Chrome.

4. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 6, 2019

5. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 6, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Aug 6, 2019 :
    I see myself using the browser a lot more than before. Specifically, for visiting Facebook services and Twitter.
    I might be dumb, but I don't want those companies to install their apps on my phone ^^

6. Texasaggie1

I use the browser as much as I can, instead of the apps, as a conscious choice. I only use apps if they provide increased functionality. If I have to use an app, and it's a privacy nightmare like FB, I'll keep it frozen when I'm not using it.

buntycubal likes this.
  7. Texasaggie1

my exact feelings!

luxuskamel and buntycubal like this.
  8. Danish_iam
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

Danish_iam , Aug 6, 2019 :
    I use Duckduckgo . It never saves my data and blocks ads automatically. Earlier it was shitty because sites won't load and it was very slow but now it's gotten much better. No hassles.

nateavi, Texasaggie1 and G_plusone like this.
  9. Texasaggie1

G_plusone likes this.
  10. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 6, 2019

G_plusone , Aug 6, 2019 :
    They cover all bases now I guess

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  11. Texasaggie1

G_plusone likes this.
  12. matrix2000x2
    Eclair Aug 7, 2019

matrix2000x2 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    I like Chrome because of how well it performs but recently Google has made some unsavory moves in regards to adblocking so I have switched to Firefox as my browser of choice.

Achman likes this.
  13. Darkknight112
    Donut Aug 7, 2019

Darkknight112 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    I'm using Edge on the 7 Pro. On Android it uses chromium as the back end, the controls are at the bottom, and I love the dark theme.
    1565138697967.jpg

Attached Files:

14. KnightofScorpio
    US Brand Ambassador Aug 7, 2019

KnightofScorpio , Aug 7, 2019 :
    1. NoxBrowser because:
    • It's clean with a simple UI.
    • The main settings are at the bottom of the window, besides the top-right corner like Google Chrome.
    • Tabs are laid out simpler, which is accessed by tapping the tab button at the bottom of the window. Tabs are more of a slideshow, digital catalog showroom, instead of the vertical cards view of Google Chrome.
    • Incognito mode is simply accessed from the tabs view.
    • Has a built-in pop-up blocker that works exceptionally, and really speeds up the browsing experience.
    • Has the option to lock portrait screen, which I love because when I'm walking out and about, in the past, I tend to turn the phone in an angle to put the browser in landscape mode. It was always annoying to flip it back to portrait mode.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2. Not yet.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019

murli, buntycubal, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  15. tmo_tyler
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

tmo_tyler , Aug 7, 2019 :
    I personally use Brave Browser for the simple fact that it's lightweight and more secure than Google Chrome. While it's built using the Chromium framework, it offers a lot more security features and isn't intrusive like Google in general. If you're a fan of Google Chrome but looking for a better and more secure alternative, use Brave Browser. Chromium is what Google Chrome is based off of therefore you can still get the same extensions etc. as you would on Chrome. The built-in script and tracker blocker it offers is also a plus!

16. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 7, 2019

G_plusone , Aug 7, 2019 :
    Yahoo! :eek: ;)

17. Haidar Ali
    Froyo Aug 7, 2019

Haidar Ali , Aug 7, 2019 :
    Thanks for info. i will keep in these things.
    I'm using Nox browser. this is very fast and built in ad blocker....

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  18. G1565167651768
    Donut Aug 7, 2019

G_plusone and Texasaggie1 like this.
  19. D1561392128817
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

Achman and Texasaggie1 like this.
  20. ssaikiran92
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2019

ssaikiran92 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    Kiwi! It's chrome with adblock, extensions and native dark mode. What else is needed

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019

G_plusone and Texasaggie1 like this.