US purchased one plus one will it work in India

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sathish Kumar Durai
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2015

Sathish Kumar Durai , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I am in US a seasonal visitor here. I have got an invite for buying one plus one. What I wanted to confirm is if I buy one plus one in US. Will it work when I return back to India with my Airtel Carrier there?

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 9, 2015

3. Vinuraj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2015

Vinuraj , Jan 9, 2015 :
    yup, 100% it will work in India.
    Actually we are getting the global edition of the OnePlus One so most probably all are same :)

4. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 9, 2015

5. llAadyll
    Froyo Jan 9, 2015

llAadyll , Jan 9, 2015 :
    We arent getting the global edition. But you are right the phone will work here.

6. Ajay Kumar Tiwari
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

Ajay Kumar Tiwari , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Yes, OPO bought in US will work better than the one bought in India via Amazone. Reason is that the phones are shipped India specific versions though with Cyanogen mode 11S as OS installed but is banned from getting Cyanogen updates....and you have to wait till One Plus Rom is ready as OTA update.
    While the one bought outside India excluding China are supported lifelong for Cyanogen mode 11S, as long as OP has collaboration with Cyanogen.
    You will also get full warranty as long as the purchase order/invoice is in your name. I am owning 2 OPO bought from US. So buy as many as you can bring with you for yourself and to help your relatives and friends.

kaymaddy likes this.
  7. Paarkhi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2015

Paarkhi , Jan 10, 2015 :
    You are right on everything except the Warranty part, Vikas (Manager) has clearly said that OPO bought Globally after Dec 2 will not get Indian Warranty.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/week-51-post-launch-recap.201219/#post-8064127
    Vikas said:
    • Warranty
    As announced earlier, the warranty support in India is limited to users who have already bought the global version of the One from our official website. Going forward, local warranty support will not be available if a device is bought from outside India and vice versa as the service cost, terms and support infrastructure varies in different markets.

8. igeekyayush
    KitKat Jan 10, 2015

9. vdivgi
    Froyo Jan 10, 2015

vdivgi , Jan 10, 2015 :
    I think you better look at the warranty. You can always root the phone and install any custom ROM you wish.

10. Ajay Kumar Tiwari
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

Ajay Kumar Tiwari , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Thanks Param for clarifying it. Luckily my last order was on 17th Nov, 2014 (though it was delivered on 3rd Dec!) so I am covered by the Global Warranty....!!!

11. Paarkhi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2015

Paarkhi , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Yes, you are covered :)

12. Vinuraj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 11, 2015

Vinuraj , Jan 11, 2015 :
    Mostly yes currently we are getting the global edition with some slight changes in the CM to adapt to Indian regulatory standards, that's all

13. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Jul 20, 2015