0.0%
  2. Yes, and I was NOT satisfied

50.0%
  3. No

50.0%
  1. alex.logan
    Eclair May 24, 2020

alex.logan , May 24, 2020 :
    I did get a response from the service center. They think the phone had water damage (not sure how that might have transpired), therefore the phone is no longer under warranty. Nonetheless, they still insist on every single part in the phone being replaced, totalling roughly $680. That is both nonsensical and insulting to a customer intelligence.
    This phone costs around $500 new currently.
    The only part which may have suffered as a result of water would be mainboard. Everything else works just fine, including screen, cameras, etc. They want to replace EVERYTHING.
    Perhaps it's time to switch from this brand after all. BBK is not treating its customers well.

2. Tobikage
    Nougat May 24, 2020

Tobikage , May 24, 2020 :
    Just as I thought. :expressionless:

G_plusone likes this.
  3. alex.logan
    Eclair May 24, 2020

alex.logan , May 24, 2020 :
    Same phone currently costs $450 at T-Mobile. Compare that to the $680 repair bill. If I were willing to stay with this brand after having dealt with the service center, that would have been a no-brainer.

isaac60 likes this.
  4. Artemus.
    Nougat May 24, 2020

Artemus. , May 24, 2020 :
    There's a reason it cost so little: subsidizing. ;)

5. megoshopping
    Gingerbread May 25, 2020

megoshopping , May 25, 2020 :
    your experience with the service center is wild and insane. (1) for them not to honor the 1 yr warranty, (2) for them to quote a price that is higher than the current market price for the new phone.

does t-mobile offer any kind of phone protection or warranty?

alex.logan likes this.
  6. alex.logan , via OnePlus Community App , May 26, 2020 :
    The only warranty which comes with a T-Mobile purchase is the one OnePlus provides. They offer an additional warranty which protects against theft and accidental damage, but that essentially doubles the cost of the phone.

7. alex.logan , via OnePlus Community App , May 26, 2020 :
    The reason it costs so little is OnePlus 8 is out and they still have a surplas of the 7 model in stock. They need to move the older model. A phone which cost $700 a year ago should not be more than 450-500 now. There is a life cycle model depreciation. That being said, OP 7 Pro was and still is a perfect device and value for the money. Until one deals with breakdowns that is.

8. alex.logan
    Eclair May 27, 2020

alex.logan , May 27, 2020 :
    The end of this support ticket was quite predictable. They sent the phone back to me without repairs. Every communication was answered with a standard reply. I received the same exact letter more than once. If I understand correctly, OnePlus outsources repairs to Acer repair center. Those guys couldn't care less to even talk to a client.
    Interesting bit of information: T-Mobile claims 2/3 of their OnePlus phones required repairs in the past year. Whether that is true or they are simply trying to sell their own protection plans, remains to be seen. My experience with OnePlus phones so far: OP 3T served me for 3 years before I replaced it with OP 7P. The latter started to break down after 9 months of use. That is 2 years of service on average. Factoring purchasing price, that comes out to about 20-25 USD a month. For that money I could get something similar to Redmi K30 on an annual basis. Makes me wonder how much premium OP devices are worth. At any rate, the value proposition of newly released OP is in the past. It might make sense to buy them one year after their official release date. At least that way one can overlook the essentially worthless warranty. I purchased a new OP 7 Pro from T-Mobile for $450 yesterday. Hopefully that will last me 2 years and by then OP 9 Pro would be a decent deal.

G_plusone and pablofg1978 like this.
  9. alex.logan
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

alex.logan , Jun 3, 2020 :
    While the support center did not resolve the issue to my satisfaction, their way of making that right was sending me a pair of free Bullets Z headphones. That was a nice gesture.

10. evelyn.chukwurah
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

evelyn.chukwurah , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I have had not had the best experience with the OnePlus Service Center - I had to call multiple times to get a shipping label sent. When that finally came through, for some reason, the website is not updated regularly to reflect the most up-to-date events (i.e. we have received the phone you sent us) and when you speak with Customer Service, you are made to sound like you are being absurd merely for asking where your stuff is and what progress is being made on the phone.

11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Haha
    Enjoy your BWZ