Battery/Charging USB-C dash charging cable is poor quality.

1. F_Deivydas_Urbonas_APTs
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2018

F_Deivydas_Urbonas_APTs , Mar 27, 2018 :
    I have been using the orginal cable just over 1 month and I am already experiencing problems with it. While connected, the cable sometime loses it's contact and I need to move the cord slightly to another side to get the contacts right... For the price, it feels cheap. My previous cable from LG G2 lasted me OVER 3 years without any problems. I would like to buy higher quality cable so this issue wouldn't appear again but finding 22AWG rated for 4A usb C cable is impossible.

Does Warranty cover such problem?

Are there any better cables than what OnePlus offers?

2. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 27, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Mar 27, 2018 :
    Nope, warranty doesn't cover that.
    I have my Dash Charger cable for a year and it's going strong and great.
    It depends on how you are treating your cable.

3. F_Deivydas_Urbonas_APTs
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2018

janguv likes this.
  4. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 27, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Mar 27, 2018 :
    Well then it shouldn't be loose unless there is something wrong with your USB port

5. I1519136820811
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2018

Abhik22 likes this.
  6. RedDragon22
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2018

RedDragon22 , Mar 27, 2018 :
    In my experience the OnePlus cables are really high quality and long lasting.
    I think you will not find any other good quality cables with fast charge other than OnePlus.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  7. F_Deivydas_Urbonas_APTs
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2018

Yes, you can use any USB-C cable with OnePlus 5T. Just keep in mind, to enter to your device storage, you need to go to developer options and select USB configuration to MTP (Media transfer Protocol)

8. F_Deivydas_Urbonas_APTs
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2018

I would LOVE to see them being tested online and compared to other cables. I somehow have high doubts about that.

9. MS61
    Donut Mar 27, 2018

MS61 , Mar 27, 2018 :
    My experience is different. Using original red cable just about 1 month, everyday. No problem. The cable is very stiff and the both USB connectors are sturdy.
    Did you checked USB-C port on your OP? It´s unlikely event, but who knows.
    I realized after first month I keep OP5t for some years. So it´s safe to have plan B, backup. I just bought second charger + DASH car charger. Especially car charger is very usefull - and the red cable is part of its package. Highly recommanded.

M.

10. binky
    Lollipop Mar 27, 2018

binky , Mar 27, 2018 :
    I have to say other than being pricey, I've had no problems with OnePlus cables in general.

It's always possible you have a faulty cable that somehow slipped through QA, though.

Have you tried contacting OP support to see what they have to say? They may send you a replacement cable (though I doubt it, it's worth a try). Alternatively if you life near a service center you can try popping in.

If you can't get a replacement from OP then you can look at a cheap replacement from reputable company such as Xiaomi, Anker, Tronsmart, with the latter being more affordable usually.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...arch-alias=aps&field-keywords=tronsmart usb c

11. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 27, 2018

Gav_W86 , Mar 27, 2018 :
    You can try and ask support, but they will likely say it is user damage which wouldn't be covered.

12. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

janguv , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Late to this, but similar issues...

It doesn't depend only on how you treat cables. Some just aren't good, despite being treated with care. Like the post author, I've had one that is not firm in the port and will disconnect if tapped slightly. It's also started to tear, without being mishandled at all.

Bingo. People don't seem to realise that's a possibility (least of all OnePlus, as it happens...)

Yup, that's the line they take.