USB C TYPE HEADPHONES

1. chaitanyaa007
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2016

2. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 29, 2016

3. Ajay Vasani
    Froyo Jul 2, 2016

Ajay Vasani , Jul 2, 2016 :
    I used lemax 2 cdla earphones , they sound okok , nothing special.@chaitanyaa007

4. j1thu
    Eclair Oct 7, 2016

5. G_fizwan_hussain_sJaN
    Cupcake Jan 12, 2017

6. G_Karthik_K_Janardhanan_
    Froyo Jan 19, 2017

G_Karthik_K_Janardhanan_ , Jan 19, 2017 :
    I have used lemax cdla and jbl reflex aware C.. Le gave a decent output but had noise interference while receiving calls. Jbl on other hand was pretty good and had a very powerful audio output with very punchy deep bass. It has NC too. One of my friend bought it from Singapore.. Costs around 14k rupees. Type C headphones has a very unique output compared to audio jack. But the cost does matter.

7. tuxman47274
    Cupcake May 12, 2017

tuxman47274 , May 12, 2017 :
    Using the type C port you have lossless audio. This is a digital output and not an analog one. This is idea over the 3.5mm jack. At the end of the day tho, it's all personal preference.

obakesan likes this.
  8. mywolf2
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

lostLambda likes this.
  9. Akshay S Chavan
    Cupcake May 13, 2017

10. pcoventry
    Honeycomb May 14, 2017

pcoventry , May 14, 2017 :
    I used 3.5 once, then I went to Bluetooth - good to have it though as when the battery runs out I can just plug them in as usual :)

11. obakesan
    Jelly Bean May 16, 2017

obakesan , May 16, 2017 :
    Ya I get it about being digital sure so no need for a ADC or DAC. as for lossless that depends on your source if you play some highly compressed audio it won't be lossless, digital sure. Headphone jack same what you play what you get but have the analogue side.

If you have headphones with the USB C connector than your are golden however most will use an adapter which negates the digital argument since you are converting again from analogue output back to digital.

Anyway Bluetooth for me digital and no wires connected to phone for freedom of movement

12. bevertonrayan
    Donut May 16, 2017

bevertonrayan , May 16, 2017 :
    Usb c headphones are gonna have better quality

13. elanglois
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

elanglois , May 16, 2017 :
    If its free, plug them in and see!

14. elanglois
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

What makes you say that?

That's absolutely the most unquantifiable statement I've seen in a long time. There is nothing to suggest that USB is any better than the headphone jack

15. bevertonrayan
    Donut May 16, 2017

16. elanglois
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

No need for an ADC or DAC? Do you know what those are? An ADC is Analog to Digital, meaning your MIC. Nothing to do with headphones. Second, headphones have to move air to work and that is done in the real world. The world is analog. That means that USB headphones have a DAC in the headphones themselves. Is it better quality than the DAC in your phone? Well. No guarantee there now is there? Your argument about not needing a DAC is silly.

Now, wired headphones use the DAC in your phone rather than needing to increase the cost of the headphones by putting a DAC in them.

Your lossy vs digital argument has nothing whatsoever to do with USB vs Wired as both are lossless (although your source material may not be).

Now Bluetooth headphones are basically USB headphones with the extra feature of being wireless so they need their own power source and due to limited bandwidth will have an additional lossy compression layer and need their own battery. Of course, USB headphones mean you won't normally charge your phone while using headphones.

For best audio quality, you'll want an external USB audiophile quality DAC. It likely will need it own power source. Plug normal wired headphones into the USB DAC.

Second will be to use the DAC in the phone with wired headphones since there are more audiophile grade headphones available that are wired.

Expensive USB headphones comes next since they tend to be targetted toward phone use.

Last in line is Bluetooth.

GiulioMecacci likes this.
  17. elanglois
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

18. Lakshay_Trikha
    Cupcake May 16, 2017

Lakshay_Trikha , May 16, 2017 :
    correct [e]1f44d[/e]

19. elanglois
    Lollipop May 16, 2017

When you talk about high data rates and then compare to the headphone jack, I can tell you are clueless.

And ... the power stuff? powered headphones? First, USB C can have power both ways because its OTG, but it's digital switched power and tops out at 5V. Now, your DAC in your headphones is just a class D amplifier sitting on the USB data stream. That means even MORE switching, but its not going to push more power than what the phone pushes out. You seem to think that getting an adaptor to use an external power source is better than an external amp? Why?

There is nothing outdated about headphones. Here is a real comparison.

Headphones;
    Music Data -> Phone DAC -> 3.5mm Jack -> speakers

USB C;
    Music Data -> USB Port -> DAC -> speakers

All you did is move the DAC outside the phone so you can make the phone smaller and sell more expensive headphones.

There is nothing ground breaking, new, or revolutionary.

20. TheAppEffect
    Donut May 20, 2017