Network/Connectivity usb cable not working for file transfer to pc

1. eatkabab
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2017

eatkabab , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I just ran into this issue. All the same thing. Even when I change it in dev options it doesn't stick and it doesn't tell the computer it's a device. Tried multiple computers and multiple wires. So stressful. If anyone has figured it out, please help.

2. eatkabab
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2017

3. kyliael
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2017

kyliael , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Same issue here, tested on 2 computers, usb 2 and usb 3 ports...
    As other, tried to change from charge to mtp in dev settings.
    No way to get usb file transfert working.
    It's a shame for OnePlus to have this issue since months and even almost 1 year without addressing it.
    OnePlus, I know you're not giving a ****, but I'm about to buy a phone to my wife and I'm considering the OP5/5T for her and another one to replace my OP3
    I'm starting to change my mind since you're not addressing this issue, impacting all OP3 users.

4. eatkabab
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2017

eatkabab , Nov 10, 2017 :
    I've had my OP3 since the day it was available and have had zero issues until now. I too am considering the 5T if it has OIS on the camera. I'm surprised that this issue I've now discovered has been around for so long. I'm half convinced it's a hardware problem and the USB port is just broken since my phone is so old. Really wish someone would shed some light on this annoying problem.

I use my phone to record all my YouTube content and have since accrued almost 15k followers the past few months. I'll need to get a new phone to make new content and will lose steam in my channel progression because of this. Quite frustrating.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4yjtLpqFmlVncUFExoVjiQ

5. omegangster
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

6. jojo63
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2018