USB not working (not detected by PC, Notebook and Car)

1. IcemanX
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

2. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

IcemanX likes this.
  3. IcemanX
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

IcemanX , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Still waiting for OTA and also not sure it will fix the problem

4. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Oct 18, 2019 :
    If it's not, than it's not a software issue.

5. IcemanX
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

IcemanX , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Looks like it was a dust problem

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Oct 19, 2019

IcemanX likes this.
  7. KOURYUKAMI
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

KOURYUKAMI , Oct 20, 2019 :
    I am facing the same problem and I have tried everything , changed the USB configuration etc still not detecting it . plus my type C charging point is become kind of loose I think , the charger wire keeps coming out with small movements . It's really annoying

8. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 21, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Then you clearly haven't tried everything
    Changing USB configuration is not everything

Read the thread

9. KOURYUKAMI
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

KOURYUKAMI , Oct 29, 2019 :

Mr_Cyrox

Then you clearly haven't tried everything
    Changing USB configuration is not everything

Read the thread​

I have read the thread , there are other things that I have tried like USB debugging , removing the dust from the port etc .. that's what everything means . Also dash charging now only works if I press in the USB C type in if I leave it , it goes back to normal charging. If you can help then help otherwise don't criticize over here . Thank you

10. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 30, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Oct 30, 2019 :
    If you haven't realized it yet, your port is essentially breaking down
    You have to get it replaced if you want things to be solved
    Before you say anything, I had the exact same issues you described and got my USB port replaced and it's all fine now
    Don't ask me for prices, I got mine replaced while I still had warranty

CosmoKramer70 and KOURYUKAMI like this.
  11. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Oct 30, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Oct 30, 2019 :
    I never understood why cupcakes tells us to bugger off when we already proved the solution/answer.

CosmoKramer70 and Mr_Cyrox like this.
  12. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 30, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Oct 30, 2019 :
    I stopped asking myself that a while back knowing I won't get an answer that I would be looking for

13. needa
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2019

needa , Oct 30, 2019 :

Cyrox is correct. It's your usb port. Same thing has been happening to me for the last six dad gum months. It started with a pack of bunk usb cables I got from Amazon. The usb-c ends were too big and jamming them in messed things up. At any rate, I have a new usb flex in the mail from aliex. It was nine bucks. Will take ten minutes to fix myself. two screws. a fingernail to pop off the screen and the cable is right there. easy peazy.

search for usb port or dock or flex. Though they look the same, the 5 and 5t have different flex cables, so be sure to get the right one if you are going to diy this.

KOURYUKAMI likes this.
  14. needa
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2019 at 4:24 PM

needa , Nov 13, 2019 at 4:24 PM :
    So I got my flex cable in. I decided to break out the magnifying glass, flashlight, and needle before I installed it to try one more time. I cleaned the heck out of the port and my charging cable... Pricked every piece of dirt/dust out of them. Turns out.... That's all I needed to do. Clean it really good. Apparently the first time I cleaned it, I didn't do a good enough job. It now clicks in and holds like it did on day one.

Hope that helps. The good news is I have an extra cable in case one day it really does go bad.

KOURYUKAMI likes this.