Use invites to discourage haters, jerks..

1. ByrdDroid
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

ByrdDroid , Jul 22, 2014 :
    My number is pretty high (89xxx), and I don't expect an invite anytime soon (despite entering contests,etc.). But if/when I do get invites to share, they will go to people who have posted in threads in supportive or positive ways. I want to reward people who contribute good things not only to the forum, but to the world... You can bet that people who post jerk responses on forums such as this are also jerks in everyday life. Someone's responses to posts tell a lot about the kind of person they are.

Bottom line: Propagate good things in the world...

2. 1n4001
    Donut Jul 27, 2014

1n4001 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    If you're not hurtin' for a new phone you might pull off an invite from the early supporter invite rollout within the next month or so.

3. dnb925art
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

dnb925art , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Just be helpful and many of the older members, like me, recognize the newbies who are not on here to just beg but actually contribute to the forums. When I get my shareable invites (ordered and received phone last week), I will definitely NOT post that I have invites publicly but will message a few forum members privately who seem to have been active and contributing members on the forum and reward them with an invite for being good community people.

blalasaadri, Xtrme Q and ByrdDroid like this.
  4. Sonny
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2014

Sonny , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Yes I agree! People like @albertrix2000 deserve invites. Hes contributed by making an array of wallpapers to share with forum members!

5. Lilyofdavaly
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2014

Lilyofdavaly , Jul 27, 2014 :
    I would rather have honesty than nice one plus is not fragile, I bet they can improve on constructive feedback, I do NOT agree with you. I appreciate an honest review!

6. Foley0311
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

Foley0311 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    No. Plz invite. Phone no work good. Invite plz.

I see this kind of post a lot, but then again, I'm putting my name down in threads of people giving out invites every so often so it comes with the territory. When I asked a question about the way invites work, everyone who responded was actually quite nice about it. I'd almost ask people giving out invites to just look around the forum and distribute at random to nice posters to be honest. Would reduce the bad posting a good bit :)

ByrdDroid likes this.
  7. ByrdDroid
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

ByrdDroid , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Actually, the comment was about invites, and being helpful and supportive of other Forum members, not blindly positive about the OPO. I've had some complaints about the OP invite system, but when it comes to other people in the forum: try to propagate good things, and not post negative and snarky responses.
    When it comes to invites, if people will stop posting "me, me, me" and begging, and instead truly engage in answering and helping others, the Forum will be a better place, and BTW you are likely to end up with an invite out of the blue...

blalasaadri likes this.
  8. Xtrme Q
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

Xtrme Q , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I follow the forums already for a month to see what's so good about this phone but I didn't make a profile because I was not convinced enough. Most of the the time I wanna see how it is and use it before a buy it. So a few days ago I saw an old friend and he takes a opo out of his pocket. I was so jelly at that moment :p This phone is awesome! I chilled with this dude for 1 hour just to see al the thing this phone can do xD Now I want it too ofcourse. Is there a change a member that is active for two days, like me, gets an invite (or two) soon?

The first order is for my girlfriend we are getting 1 year together soon and this phone is her present from me :D So what do you people think? Do I better wait for contests or when I actually can buy it or do I have a chance to grab my invite somewhere on this big spam invite forum?

9. jffwng
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

jffwng , Jul 28, 2014 :
    totally agree.
    had someone pm about sending me an invite the other day (and it wasn't because of contest). unfortunately, i didn't see the message and he ended up giving it to someone else because it was expiring soon. his act totally blew me away and restored my faith in the invite system. i definitely will be sharing all my extra invites (need to save one for a friend, if he hasn't gotten the OPO yet by then) with the forums when i finally get my OPO and shareable invites.
    may take a while though, since i only joined about a week ago...

blalasaadri likes this.
  10. Xtrme Q
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

Xtrme Q , Jul 28, 2014 :
    To bad you didn't grab that first invite. Their is always hope but for members who joined late I think it will be difficult :rolleyes:

11. Lilyofdavaly
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2014

Lilyofdavaly , Jul 28, 2014 :
    you are right i was helpful and i have only been here 12 days and i got my invite yesterday. sorry i thought you mean we should all be quiet about the invite system. I feel bad for those who have been here a month or more and i have mine when i have only been here 12 days.

12. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 28, 2014

superplus , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I think he means people who are nice to other forum members in their comments and threads, not to OPO

argh, sorry, thread updated in the meantime and already clarified! never mind ;-)

TevoD likes this.
  13. mazdarati2
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

mazdarati2 , Jul 28, 2014 :
    your avatar is interesting ;)

dnb925art likes this.
  14. Lilyofdavaly

for real there is no need to be mean to each other. its actually fun, chatting away in these forums you learn a lot. I will definitely stay so i can learn to root. for that i need nice, helpful people.

15. superplus

indeed :) and I am sure you will find them here! don't know if rooting is all that different depending on the device in question, I've only got experience rooting my current phone (a Huawei Ascend G300), but that was dead easy with indeed the correct guidance of some members of the relevant forum! enjoy your phone when it arrives and good luck with the rooting!

16. Lilyofdavaly

i got an invite from one of these nice people. now i will enjoy my phone. when it arrives ...

17. superplus

glad to hear it! fortunately it seems the nice people here outnumber the others by far! ;-) hope it doesn't take too much longer to arrive!

18. Xtrme Q
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

Xtrme Q , Jul 28, 2014 :
    It looks like new people are getting mad and trying to spam and scam on this forum. So bad for the community I hate this :cool:

19. Lilyofdavaly

you must be new and not too bright either, you are biased as a new person i do not appreciate that. You are not nice, you generalize without proof. I am a new person and i have bought my phone and i do think the invite system is ridiculous. But noone got scammed. scammed of what? what exactly do you have that a new person such as myself would scam from you?

20. Xtrme Q
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014