Use of RAM after updates

1. F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2017

F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Hi!

Please close this thread after I get a clear answer.

With some search, I have read that for battery issues OnePlus 3T is also just using 4GB RAM of the 6 available. Not that is really needed, but I love steady performance on emulation for example.

So I saw that if I flash it with a custom ROM I can make use of it. I saw also some articles talking about the use of RAM after updates. And it was great last year's articles but not with clear answer. Of course I would prefer not to use a custom ROM. So, my question is simple. Did the last year's updates affected the usage of RAM or I still have to get a custom ROM?

G_BK_Fifteen_ugiD likes this.
  2. athaarv
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

athaarv , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Jesus Christ, if you had searched on Google or the forum you would have known that the limit was removed in the first Nougat build for the device; and to answer your question, you need not a custom ROM for this very purpose

dsmonteiro and Scorpion_2503 like this.
  3. F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2017

F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek , Oct 6, 2017 :
    @athaarv I searched and I even mentioned it. I even wrote what it was writing when I searched. I also did not think why Nougat would matter and not Oxygen.

Next time, read the whole post and not just the time. At least before you make a childish offensive post. Thanks for answering at least though.

Admin, if he is right, I think thread can be closed.

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 6, 2017

dsmonteiro , Oct 6, 2017 :
    @athaarv meant when Oxygen was updated to Nougat.

athaarv and Sun90 like this.
  5. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 6, 2017

Sun90 , Oct 6, 2017 :
    You should also be aware that of the 6gb ram ,2gb is reserved for camera application by now.

6. F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2017

Well, anyway. Even with his own way, he answered me the question and that I use the RAM, is what it matters. Although I still can't find with search on Google.

7. F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2017

Was that not the excuse in the past? That confusion I wanted to take out of my head, thanks for messing my head again! [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

8. Sun90

Sun90 , Oct 6, 2017 :
    I donno about exuces either from you are op.
    The fact is what I have made.
    As far as messing the head,well IMHO it's only you who has to account for it for not keeping upto date with Android stuff.

9. F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2017

Well, I am new to OnePlus. Excuses of why it used 4GB I meant.It was for battery and camera I read and that's what I need to know if it was changed. To be clear, I meant to ask if I can use the whole 6GB RAM generally, I did not mean the 4+2GB.

10. Sun90

Sun90 , Oct 6, 2017 :
    You can't.

11. F_Michail_Savvoulidis_Ek
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2017