Using 5T in Australia

1. PaoloFCantoni
    Donut Feb 21, 2018

PaoloFCantoni , Feb 21, 2018 :
    I (lost/had it stolen) my beloved OnePlus 3 :(. So now I intend to replace it with a 5T. Any problems using it here in Australia? The 3 worked flawlessly, so I'm hoping for the same from the 5T.

TIA,
    Paolo

meatandy and Chris.C like this.
  2. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Feb 21, 2018

TheRealGamer , Feb 21, 2018 :
    I don't think you will face problem, as OnePlus is officially available in Australia. and about the device, then no problem just go on. it's a beast

meatandy likes this.
  3. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Feb 21, 2018

Hydra Bob , Feb 21, 2018 :
    There's just one global model available now. Check for carrier compatibility in your area but if your OP3 worked then the 5t should as well.

Chris.C, meatandy and TheRealGamer like this.
  4. Retchey
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2018

Retchey , Feb 21, 2018 :
    It will work, the Op3 did not support 700mhz 4g, the 5 & 5t do, so it will work better than the Op3 on telstra & optus, as they support 700mhz.

Chris.C, Hydra Bob and meatandy like this.
  5. Chris.C
    Lollipop Feb 21, 2018

Chris.C , Feb 21, 2018 :
    No problem at all I now run an OP5 on Optus, but all bands are compatible to Oz as long as you don't buy a Chinese version

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018

Hydra Bob and meatandy like this.
  6. PaoloFCantoni
    Donut Feb 22, 2018

PaoloFCantoni , Feb 22, 2018 :
    Thanks Bob, the model I'm looking at is the: A5010 I presume that's the International version?

Chris.C and Hydra Bob like this.
  7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2018

Hydra Bob , Feb 22, 2018 :
    Yessir you assume correctly. The only catch as @Chris.C pointed out is you have to avoid getting one of the ones sold in China. They only assign them one IMEI so although it's the same hardware the dual SIM functionality won't work outside of China with one of those.

Chris.C likes this.
  8. PaoloFCantoni
    Donut Feb 22, 2018

PaoloFCantoni , Feb 22, 2018 :
    So, if I ask the supplier for the IMEI, can I tell from that if it's a true international?

9. PaoloFCantoni
    Donut Feb 23, 2018

PaoloFCantoni , Feb 23, 2018 :
    BUMP!

10. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Feb 23, 2018

Hydra Bob , Feb 23, 2018 :
    Lol thanks for the bump. Your notification must've gotten lost in the system somewhere. I don't think they can give you the IMEI, hackers would love to be able to get ahold of clean ones for their nefarious purposes. As long as you go through a reputable main stream site you should get a proper international version. Maybe confirm with the seller via email if your looking for a little extra assurance and proof I suppose.

PaoloFCantoni likes this.
  11. PaoloFCantoni
    Donut Mar 1, 2018

PaoloFCantoni , Mar 1, 2018 :
    So I checked with the Seller and my 5T has arrived! All seems to work! :) When I started it up it tried to use the Google App to move all my stuff from another (temporary phone) by local, direct linkage. I tried to follow the instructions, but for some reason, it wouldn't connect.:( Now I've got things up and running (including the OREO update) is there any way to get back to that same place? I don't want to go through the net when I have both phones next to each other! Is there a way to move everything over locally? A third party App, perhaps?

12. PaoloFCantoni
    Donut Mar 1, 2018

PaoloFCantoni , Mar 1, 2018 :
    Found the OnePlus Switch App. After a few false starts got pretty much everything copied over. One "Happy Chappie"!