USPS - New Shipping Option for our Canadian Fans

1. MayOrMayNotBeMe Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

2. camav Froyo Nov 14, 2014

camav, Nov 14, 2014 :
    So if I got this right DHL is faster but expensive and USPS is slower and MAYBE cheaper??? That's not really reassuring :/

Stew2 likes this.
  3. angelica.falco Froyo Nov 14, 2014

4. BorgHead Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

BorgHead, Nov 14, 2014 :
    I was one of the lucky "test" subjects for the USPS experiment in Canada in late September. Yes, it took a little longer (5 working days vs. 2 working days) for it to get delivered to my home. My local posty here in Kingston, ON just propped it up against the door and left it there. I had been checking the delivery progress online so when I saw that mornig that it was out for delivery in Kingston, I went home at lunch time to make sure that nobody grabbed it from my front door. It was there and there was much rejoicing in the land.......
    I didn't pay any tax, or any CP delivery charge, so my total cost (if I remember right) was about $406 CAD (including the exchange rate).

hannan882, Fanger and d0rks0ul like this.
  5. dkotagi Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

6. trendhoor Cupcake Nov 14, 2014

trendhoor, Nov 14, 2014 :
    Go with USPS, DHL seriously ****** up my order. I had to pick it up at the depot in Hamilton and spend at least 2 hours on the phone trying to find out where it is.

7. Necronaut Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 14, 2014

Necronaut, Nov 14, 2014 :
    They do then it gets handed off to Canada Post I believe.

8. keenez Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 14, 2014

9. sparkshooter Cupcake Nov 14, 2014

sparkshooter, Nov 14, 2014 :
    So excited! This is the one plus side of not having gotten an invite/pre-order yet! DHL is the worst.

10. twintastic Cupcake Nov 14, 2014

twintastic, Nov 14, 2014 :
    I pre-ordered my oneplus one 64gb model. This standard option was not available "darn!!". I hope it will on time of ordering on November 17. USPS IS THE WAY TO GO if available. Any money exchange is minor compared to DHL. Just be patient on delivery. I believe it might take 7 business days to Canada... which I am willing to wait.

11. sparkshooter Cupcake Nov 14, 2014

sparkshooter, Nov 14, 2014 :
    I order from the US a lot. They are sending it first class parcel (which makes sense) and it can take waaaaay longer than 7 days. I mean, it CAN come that fast, but that would be unusual. For instance, a friend mailed me something on Oct 27 via first class parcel and it looks like it is FINALLY going to be delivered on Nov 17. And that wasn't even crossing the country! From the East Coast US to Toronto.

Stew2 likes this.
  12. Fullhowzen Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

Fullhowzen, Nov 14, 2014 :
    I am so glad to hear about this change in shipping. I hope one day to be able to use it.

13. Fanger Froyo Nov 14, 2014

Fanger, Nov 14, 2014 :
    I ain't knocking DHL for delivery , their prices and customer service is another issue . I missed my first delivery and received a notice that they will pass by the next day , i live in the province of quebec , so the notice was only in french . I sent them a complaint email , they did reply saying you live in quebec it's french only. They are allowed to post notices in two languages.

So i'm happy , when i purchase another phone i will go with USPS .
    KOODO's to OPO

14. Sandy Nicholson Donut Nov 14, 2014

Sandy Nicholson, Nov 14, 2014 :
    I am still waiting to receive my charger. I have emailed One+ on seven occasions without a single reply. I have been issued a trouble ticket by an anonymous support (?) person more than two days ago and have heard nothing. DHL confirms the charger was NOT shipped with the phone.
    Love the phone but have great difficulty with the apparently deceitful practices of One+.
    They said PayPal was having a problem with Canadian orders, this was categorically denied by PayPal.
    Come ON One+ get your house in order. You won't last long doing business in North America with your " Sharp Business Practices "

15. liamjeff Eclair Nov 14, 2014

liamjeff, Nov 14, 2014 :
    Wow way too much DHL bashing....Ordered the phone on the 11th West Coast of Canada. RR even, shipped out of LA and at my door by the 14th and only cost 28.49 for Duties, taxes and brokerage fees, Not so bad when you consider how poor Canada Post is and what you waiting for

16. what u think Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

what u think, Nov 14, 2014 :
    *Please note:
    The USPS delivery service to Canada does not incorporate “Signature upon Delivery”. Hence, by assigning USPS for this service, you have acknowledged and accepted all involved risks to be yours and the USPS delivery status to be ruling.

Is that worth the risk!!!

17. what u think Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

what u think, Nov 14, 2014 :
    True with DHL....was really fast and since they want your money, at least you know you'll get the phone in your hands.

USPS...no guarantees

18. Slaughtahouse Froyo Nov 14, 2014

Slaughtahouse, Nov 14, 2014 :
    How long do you think it would take for an order if I purchased on the 17th? I ask because I will only be in Canada for a few weeks before I do some globetrotting. I want to make sure I can take it with me before I go.

Also, lets say I place an order, is it possible to tell OnePlus to mark the package as a lower valued item? I have encountered two scenarios, one with USPS and one with DHL, where I had to pay at my door. The first time I had no idea about these charges (which by the way are complete bullocks) but the second time I made an order, I told the supplier to mark it as cheap as possible. So they labeled the monitor I purchased as a 50$ product or something. The charge at the door was significantly cheaper then what it should of been

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

19. Detekk Gingerbread Nov 15, 2014

Detekk, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Did they use USPS International Priority though? I'm pretty sure they didn't use First Class Mail which is much slower.

20. newr Froyo Nov 15, 2014

newr, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Just a note about my experience with USPS. I live in Canada but I ordered my phone and got it sent to U.S. to my relatives. "signature" service with USPS is bogus...when my phone was delivered, they just left it outside the house and no one signed for it. However, when I check the USPS system, it says it was signed by ME....I wasn't even in the States at that time....so looks like they just fake sign. Luckily it didn't get lost, or it will be a nightmare in a "He Said, She Said" situation!