USPS - New Shipping Option for our Canadian Fans

1. luitorelbandido Donut Nov 15, 2014

2. Slaughtahouse Froyo Nov 15, 2014

Slaughtahouse, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Well if you had proof that you were in another location, that should be good enough reason. Still, looks like you got lucky.

3. X-Nemesis Froyo Nov 15, 2014

X-Nemesis, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Reading a big 1+ thread on Redflagdeals, recently quite a few peeps who've received their One+ via DHL have said that they we're only charged around $20 for extra fees by DHL, and that this was due to OnePlus listing the phone at a much lower price.

Can any Mod confirm this?

4. Stew2 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

Stew2, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Be interesting to see how this all pans out. It's still kind of a crapshoot though, more often than not Canada Post hits you up for the taxes on packages at the border unless they are marked as a gift. That means that you might only actually save the DHL at door fee of $10. I guess if the shipping option is cheaper as well, you might save another $10 or $15. Plus more often than not packages from the states take close to two weeks to arrive at their destination in Canada... Hell, Canadian parcels take a week just to get across Canada! Lol :)

Still, awesome that OnePlus is giving us the choice of shipping methods now. Wait longer and save a few bucks, or pay more and get it quicker (hopefully!). My son's phone was deliverd by DHL and the shipping was fast and trouble free. $32 at the door in Alberta.

5. anilkr Donut Nov 15, 2014

6. rc8 Eclair Nov 15, 2014

7. rodrigoaltuzarra Cupcake Nov 15, 2014

8. rodrigoaltuzarra Cupcake Nov 15, 2014

9. Slaughtahouse Froyo Nov 15, 2014

Slaughtahouse, Nov 15, 2014 :
    [​IMG] How do you choose the option for DHL? On the pre-order page, it just says "express" for me and I have no option/choice.

10. geraudb Cupcake Nov 15, 2014

geraudb, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Any way to get the USPS option in the pre-order round2? Have cleared my previous saved pre-ordered and recreated a new one, just express is available.....

Thanks.

11. bkieu Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

bkieu, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Let me break down what I got charged(from DHL Express).(I'm from Canada)
    GST/PST/HST $ 5.77
    Processing Fee (586) $ 10.00
    COD Fee $ 4.25
    Total $ 20.73

12. macem29 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

macem29, Nov 15, 2014 :
    this is great news.....DHL is a really good logistics provider for business,
    but not well setup to serve residential consumers in a huge country with sparse
    population....USPS then passed onto Canada Post is a way better solution

edit: and my DHL invoice had the phone at full retail price of $349 US
    I paid HST (13%) on that sales price
    $10 customs processing fee
    and the $4.25 COD fee which is BS because there was no COD option available

it took a week to get from the customs entry point to my door...not what I'd consider Express Service

13. ZAR411 Froyo Nov 15, 2014

ZAR411, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Congrats Canada !?
    Shipping is fine in USA so far,
    first phone took 3 days to processes and 3 days to ship
    Second phone took 3 days after order to get it in my hands (well my Mom's hands, its hers)

14. sami19761 Cupcake Nov 15, 2014

sami19761, Nov 15, 2014 :
    The weird thing is that i just got an invite form a freind and i cant claim it saying that it didnt lunch in your country, im living in Canada

15. freakiefidouser Gingerbread Nov 15, 2014

freakiefidouser, Nov 15, 2014 :
    For me, I live in Vancouver (Canada) and I might have a third option available for those who live near the border.

Option 1 - Have the item delivered via DHL and pray to have it arrive and pay, but realize that it might be faked carded and go to Richmond to pick it up from their facility. At least a signature is involved in acceptance. Their fees are a lot higher than Canada Post.

Option 2 - Have the item delivered by Canada Post after it arrives via USPS. It may be intercepted by the CBSA and I would be charged the GST and PST of the OPO after the conversion of the price of the OPO from USD to CAD, then add $9.95 for a handling fee. Or it simply arrives to the door with No Signature Required. A shame that some LCs just drop it at the door without covering the package from public view at the doorstep.

Option 3 - Have the item delivered to a local PO Box at one of the several designated facilities that does parcel pickups right outside the US border. The Canadian buyer just crosses the border, picks up the OPO and crosses back and prays the CBSA official doesn't hassle you.

This is a $400 CAD phone, and a few dollars saved shouldn't be that big a deal to receiving an electronic product. As a user, I would ensure that my OPO would arrive in my hands directly instead of leaving it out there exposed to the world. However after previewing what I just wrote down, I just reached an epiphany.

Slaughtahouse likes this.
  16. freakiefidouser Gingerbread Nov 15, 2014

freakiefidouser, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Forgot the mention that Canada Post delivery agents (LCs and Rural) will no longer be collecting COD funds from the doors of recipients of COD products. The reason is of a security and safety issue towards the delivery agent, and it has been decided that the products are to be carded for pickup at the local Retail Postal Outlet. The recipient can then pay for the item to the sender there. However the Canada Post delivery agent will still be delivering the COD Remittance back to the sender.

Slaughtahouse likes this.
  17. Stew2 Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

Stew2, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Your probably browsing the UK store, try this link instead https://oneplus.net/

18. whateva88 Gingerbread Nov 15, 2014

whateva88, Nov 15, 2014 :
    Woohoo, now just waiting for accessories to go on sale and order more stuff.

19. ridethespiral Froyo Nov 15, 2014

ridethespiral, Nov 15, 2014 :
    DHL took 2 business days to deliver my phone, and I was only charged $20.25 in duty and fees. Only 5% GST here and Oneplus was quite "gentle" with their valuation of the phone.

20. Bovid Cupcake Nov 16, 2014

Bovid, Nov 16, 2014 :
    ordered november 11, dhl delivered and in my hands november 14. i live in edmonton, DHL Duties, Taxes and Fees charge 20.27
    i am extremely happy. i dont think i have ever got a usps package that quickly. ill pay the extra fee, in my opinion well worth it to get it in my hand sooner