USPS - New Shipping Option for our Canadian Fans

1. LeShulz Froyo Nov 16, 2014

LeShulz, Nov 16, 2014 :
    Thats great news! It's always nice to have the selection of how you want your purchase delivered.

2. Fr3lncr Froyo Nov 16, 2014

Fr3lncr, Nov 16, 2014 :
    I chose the 'Standard'/USPS shipping option for my phone. It shipped on Friday so I should have it mid-week I guess (in Ontario).

It was I think $9 USD more to choose 'Standard' over 'Express'/DHL.

According to the thread where OPO was testing out the USPS option, many who were in the test said they had nothing to pay when the phone was delivered (versus up to $60 due to DHL if you lived in Ontario as we get the extra 8% sales tax over say Alberta).

Anyways, I'm hoping there is no additional fees due on delivery. If there are, and depending on the degree, it would be better to go with DHL since they are much faster at delivery than USPS.

3. Detekk Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

Detekk, Nov 16, 2014 :
    To confirm, it cost more to ship with Standard(USPS) over Express(DHL)?

4. Fr3lncr Froyo Nov 16, 2014

Fr3lncr, Nov 16, 2014 :
    It cost me $36.99 USD for the Standard/USPS shipping. Express/DHL was in the high $20's. This was on Nov. 12th. I don't know if shipping is a flat rate or it adjusts based on where you are in Canada. I could see shipping to the western part of Canada cheaper than the eastern part since it is coming from California but I can't say for sure.

5. twintastic Cupcake Nov 16, 2014

twintastic, Nov 16, 2014 :
    I am bummed out after deleting my pre-order and inputting everything again ...the option of USPS was not made available .... am I doing something wrong ... I WANT THE USPS OPTION ... PLEASE!!!

6. BadLuck Froyo Nov 16, 2014

7. jeanniet Cupcake Nov 16, 2014

8. freakiefidouser Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

freakiefidouser, Nov 16, 2014 :
    Doh! I had an opportunity to get a OPO that was a few days old USED, but I opted not to. I will be heading to Hawaii on the 23rd, and that means that I might not be able to play with the One. However, I will wait for tommorrow to see whether I will have the option for the delivery mode with USPS / CPC or with DHL.

9. RaymondLam123 Cupcake Nov 16, 2014

10. clockwork58 Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

clockwork58, Nov 17, 2014 :
    I haven't ordered one as I finally decided to go with a G3 a few months back. But maybe replace my wife's Nexus 5.

Anyhow, if you live close to the border you should all look into into using a US postal box such as CBI USA (For people near buffalo). Where the cost to per package is $5.95. [and make a day of some cross border shopping, eat at Olive Garden]. I do this all the time and send several items there at a time to pick up and not deal with stupid customs/brokerage fees. If I ship to the USA, it's $363 on the One+ site. Much better than the $450-$480 we are being gauged.

11. rubeushagrid Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

12. Chottobaka Honeycomb Nov 17, 2014

Chottobaka, Nov 17, 2014 :
    This still does not solve the problem of Canada Customs being a black hole. Small price to pay for the fantastic weather.

13. triplehelix Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

triplehelix, Nov 17, 2014 :
    But you aren't declaring it at the border then. If you were, costs would be close to the same. Besides, you aren't taking into account exchange rate on the initial $363...

14. ceaser_one Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

ceaser_one, Nov 17, 2014 :
    Anyone know how I contact customer support. Tried ordering the one today. Paypal says the money is sent but no order number is listed on my account in Oneplus website. I can't even contact them using the contact me email (stupidest thing I have ever seen). I try filling information out and when I try to submit, first it says 5 days wait before someone can respond back and then says why not try the forums. When I try to submit again, it says 10 days wait, still not sending my request to the support folks.
    I go to technical forums, but I can't post the question because I have to have 5 responses before I can post anything. How terrible is this? I understand running barebones, but if you take money, you better provide some support.

Anyways, before I contact Paypal and have them start investigating, I hope some of the admins will read this and respond.

Thank You.

Amit Vora

15. Necrochain Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

Necrochain, Nov 17, 2014 :
    I've ordered from places that used DHL twice. I'm not a fan of paying an additional $20+ to get it in 2 days. I can live with waiting 1-2 weeks for only one shipping payment.

16. perrupa Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

perrupa, Nov 17, 2014 :
    @ceaser_one, good luck.

I've been waiting over 2 weeks to hear back from them. I ordered my phone a month ago and it was returned to sender. They have my money and my phone and I have no way to contact them. If you find any way to get in contact, I would really appreciate any help.

I've tried email, two support tickets and even tweeting at them. No luck at all.

By far my worst support experience ever.

17. icyyicee Eclair Nov 17, 2014

18. Slaughtahouse Froyo Nov 17, 2014

Slaughtahouse, Nov 17, 2014 :
    So yea... ordered through the pre-order today but again, there was no option to choose what kind of shipping. Not sure if it was different for you guys but I just had "express". We'll see what happens.

19. ainkar Froyo Nov 18, 2014

ainkar, Nov 18, 2014 :
    I think with preorders you only get the express (DHL) option where as with invite you can choose between Express (DHL) and Standard (USPS/Canada Post). But the price difference is so small now as I only paid $29.82 CAD for taxes at the door with the DHL option. If you went with the USPS option, it would have costed you an extra $9 USD ~ 10 CAD, so the difference in total cost would be little less than $20 plus you get extremely fast (2 days) with DHL.

20. whateva88 Gingerbread Nov 18, 2014

whateva88, Nov 18, 2014 :
    That's cause our unions supports it (door to door might be a safety issue for some)