?

Do you think this is a good "feature"?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. krazyfrog
    Donut Jan 9, 2019

krazyfrog , Jan 9, 2019 :
    With the OxygenOS 9.0.11, it seems OnePlus has added a strong volume normalization feature for Bluetooth audio.

Basically, whenever you are playing music and the heavy bass sound kicks in, the phone automatically brings down the total volume level, which again goes back up when the bass heavy section ends. This causes the volume to go up and down, back and forth throughout the song. Depending upon the particular track, this can be very noticeable or not really noticeable at all.

I don't know what the point of this feature is. Is it trying to save power? Or reduce distortion? Or save your ears? None of these are particularly good reasons to introduce this "feature", especially since it gives you no choice in the matter. I was happy listening to music using Bluetooth on my McLaren 6T before this nonsense was introduced but I might have to go back to listening on my other device as I can't deal with the volume constantly going up and down throughout the track. And this happens regardless of which app you use for audio playback.

It's only limited to Bluetooth audio and doesn't affect wired sound but I'm not about that dongle life and I'd rather just use Bluetooth headphones. This change is a complete deal breaker for me and I hope they remove it.

arunnr likes this.
  2. G_Andrew_mc_dwyer_vTQV
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2019

G_Andrew_mc_dwyer_vTQV , Jan 17, 2019 :
    Hi everyone, I have just purchased a brand new one plus 6t less than 24 hours ago. I was delighted initially for the first few hours of use as I had been waiting to the get 6t for a few months. This changed quickly as I was shocked at how bad the Bluetooth audio quality was as well as the level of volume on the phone when connected to two pairs of Bluetooth headphones.

The volume is way superior and twice as a loud on my iPhone 6s on both Bluetooth headphones. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this issue, I have already tried two solutions from online (Repairing Bluetooth device) but had no luck and I am worried that a solution isn’t possible, and I will be forced to return the phone.

The sound is perfect plugged in, but the Bluetooth equivalent is no more than 70% as loud. I like to use Bluetooth with wireless headphones on my noisy commute turned up loud and when I work outside the odd time so I need music that I can actually hear.

arunnr likes this.
  3. blaczero
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

blaczero , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Can we PLEASE get a way to disable this? Every single time I connect to my cars bluetooth, I have to screw with the sound 3x. I connect, the sound goes to 3/4, I turn it up, seconds later it bumps down to 1/4, I turn it up. About 10m later it turns down again, I turn it up.

Please either get rid of this nanny feature, or give us a way to disable it. Phone after phone I've had with this, it never works! I love the one+ phone except for this feature.

4. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jun 14, 2019

Starcommander , Jun 14, 2019 :
    I use bullets wireless and its optimized for that. I also use wonderboom speakers with no sign of any mentioned issues. However do note I am on beta OS

5. Y1541673265312
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020