Other Variable Charging Speed

1. mokaeswar
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2020

mokaeswar , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Whenever I go to sleep, I am afraid to leave the phone for overnight charge. But, I won't be having an option as I leave to college within 10-15 mins after waking up. Sometimes, I keep an alarm one hour prior to waking time and keep the phone in charge.

To change all this, I propose OnePlus to introduce varied charging speed feature, where one can select "Overnight Charging feature" with slow rate of charging of 4 hrs, 6 hrs or 8 hrs of intervals.

Now that OnePlus has officially introduced Wireless charging, this feature can be clubbed with Zen Mode. Whenever user goes in Zen Mode and places his OnePlus 8 Pro on Wireless Deck, the charging speed will be based on the Zen time and percentage to be charged, so that cooler charging takes place.

EDIT (24-04-2020): Also, if the phone itself can calculate the time-to-wake-up from upcoming alarm and adapt to that time-to-full-charge, it'll be more helpful.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020

2. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Apr 30, 2020

Stickied Post
    Gary C. , Apr 30, 2020 :
    [Not Adopted]
    Hello mokaeswar, thanks for taking the time to share your idea with us. We understand your concern over charging overnight and are happy to and are happy to let you know that we have have been working on a different solution, one that we believe will benefit more people—Optimized Charging (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-feature-reveal-optimized-charging.1161761/).

With "Optimized Charging", the battery will be initially charged to 80%. This process will then be suspend temporarily by using our “user sleep cycle detection” function. Your phone will start charging 100 minutes before your daily wake up time, first alarm or first event to 100% level.

Want to learn more? Stay tuned! This feature is currently available Open Beta and will be extended to OTA updates when ready. Do keep an eye on system updates.

Learn more about how your Idea flows within OnePlus

3. sai Likhith reddy
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2020

mokaeswar likes this.
  4. mokaeswar
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2020

mokaeswar , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I guess OnePlus 8 Pro comes with a Sleep Mode Wireless Charging feature. Not sure if both are same though!