Veho M6 - 360 Bluetooth Speaker - Review

1. mak1403
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2014

mak1403 , Oct 9, 2014 :
    This is a review of the M6 Mode - 360 Bluetooth Speaker by Veho.
    So the postman knocked on the door this morning with a package (gigidy) for me. At first I thought it was the One+1 being delivered, but soon I realised it was something I ordered about 2 weeks ago and forgot about. It was the Veho Bluetooth speaker I ordered on a sale (40euro).

Now I love my music and I listen to different genres from 80s metal rock to (some) contemporary dance tracks. So I've tested a number of tracks on this speaker today to get a feel of its performance.

1. Build Quality/ Look/ Size
    One of the main reasons I purchased this speaker was due to the look and build quality. This little speaker is simply beautiful.

[​IMG]
    The aluminium frame is complimented by a nice leather strap on the top handy for carrying the case, not that you will ever use it but adds a nice touch to the look. The grill is actually cloth even though it looks like metal mesh. This is the only thing that disappointed me. There are 4 control buttons on the top including a microphone used for making calls.

[​IMG]
    At the back we find an AUX port and a micro USB port. That is all. Simplicity is beauty. There are no company information etc.
    [​IMG]

The size of this speaker is small enough to bring around and big enough to look good on your computer table. :) Dimensions: 7 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches. I compared this to an iPhone box to give you a visual perspective.

2. Sound Quality/ Specs

This speaker is not the best sounding out there for sure, but given the price (especially the one I paid) it can not get any better. This speaker sounds on par to the JBL Flip 2. Of course depending on taste of your music you may choose a speaker more appropriate.

Negative: The bass on this speaker is not the best I've heard. I would say the JBL has a stronger bass. (Can be enhanced with phone's equaliser)

Positive: The mids and highs are very well balanced and you get a good sound from the 2 x 3 Watt (bass enhanced) speaker heads.

The bluetooth connection is very stable, I have not experienced any drop in the signal at all. The specs suggest that the range is 10m however I've streamed music at longer distances, from different rooms with no problem.

The speaker uses a 1800 mAh battery which gives you at least 8hrs of continuous playback.

The speaker was tested using my friend's OPO and my iPhone 5s (blah). Both sounded great. The speaker sounds louder with the OPO. I always thought the iPhone's volume was restricted at a lower level than other androids out there.

3. Conclusion

I know this is a very quick review, but this is a speaker that sounds great, looks beautiful and has a long lasting battery. I wasn't sure what to expect from Veho, but I am very impressed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gusuraman likes this.
  2. mwoolley
    Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2014

3. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 9, 2014

4. dwaynelson
    KitKat Oct 9, 2014

5. kerrondillon
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2014

6. mak1403
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2014

mak1403 , Oct 9, 2014 :
    quality is very decent. Good Vibrant sound of it.

kerrondillon likes this.
  7. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2015

RideBike , Nov 15, 2015 :
    Hi,
    I'm considering to buy a BT speaker, and this one is (just as the flip 2) just the price i want to spend.
    I saw a review that it's not possible to recharge this bad boy and play music the same time. Is this correct? Cause that's just a no go for me.

8. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2015