Verdict on the ORZLY OnePlus 6 Pro-Fit Tempered Glass

1. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

niijonodhg , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Hi all,

So you may have seen my previous thread on the official OnePlus 6 Tempered Glass Screen protector. In it I take you through the benefits and drawbacks of the official screen protector. Can the Orzly version be better?

In a way, before even opening the package it is. Purely because of the price! It's £17.95 for the official one and the Orzly one comes in at £7.99 for a TWIN pack. That's much better value, I could have 4 screen protectors for the price of 1 official tgsp. Insane.

The screen protector itself is very familiar to me having tested several years worth of protectors from Orzly. It's a little smaller than the official one, which creates a slightly sharper edge. I use gestures and this has no affect on me. Orzly tgsp also holds noticbly less fingerprints on it than the original, which is a BIG win for me.

The Orzly one seems thinner than the official one, whether you count that as a negative or a positive I'm not too sure. It IS a FULL adhesive screen protector, no DOT-MATRIX.

If you have any questions let me know, I will be testing the Nillkin TGSP next.

Thanks,

Jono

2. Zhukov45
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2018

Zhukov45 , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Thanks for the review. I don't know why more manufacturers don't use full screen adhesive; it just seems so much less prone to problems down the road.

niijonodhg likes this.
  3. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 6, 2018

4. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2018

niijonodhg , Jun 6, 2018 :

Zhukov45

Thanks for the review. I don't know why more manufacturers don't use full screen adhesive; it just seems so much less prone to problems down the road.​

Yeah, it seems Orzly have had that problem in the past and decided full adhesive is the way to go :)

5. Keechy
    Froyo Jun 6, 2018

Keechy , Jun 6, 2018 :
    great reviews this has definitely made my decision easy and will be picking up a ORZLY

aarinnkumarmishra and niijonodhg like this.
  6. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2018

GuitarHero0179 , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Orzly makes great stuff, but they are sometimes pretty difficult to get for normal retail pricing here. Great review again :)

niijonodhg likes this.
  7. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2018

niijonodhg , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Whereabouts do you live?

8. Ankit13t
    Eclair Jun 7, 2018

Ankit13t , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Nope! A big no for Orzly Tempered Glass. I've used Orzly for my 3T. It's pretty cheap ,I agree but I'll suggest you to use official one plus tempered glass. ( I've heard positives about it) As I've used Orzly previously for my 3T ,my observations are
    1) Glass is very very fragile.
    2) Adhesive issues on sides.
    3) Dot matrix and rainbow effect.

I've ordered CaseU tempered glass, not sure about that. Anyone who used it ,please tell me about it.

9. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2018

GuitarHero0179 , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Netherlands, I see now that amazon.de delivers them, but I had trouble finding stuff for my 5 after a while from orzly unfortunately. Some shippers won't send it to NL

10. bikeaholics
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2018

bikeaholics , Jun 7, 2018 :
    You cant compare your experiences because the 3t one have had only adhesives at the black borders. The 2nd 5t and also for 6 has full adhesives so no rainbow effect etc.

The downside for the 5t was the smaller screensize compared to the original one. I hope the orzly for the 6 is better in that case.

11. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2018

niijonodhg , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Not sure whether you read the OP or watched the vid? This is a very different screen compared to the OP3, it's a full adhesive so because of that there is no dot matrix/rainbow effect or adhesive issues.

12. OnePlusEleventyThree
    Froyo Jun 8, 2018

OnePlusEleventyThree , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Yeah, when you doin'tlive in a country that has its own amazon, this can be tricky I have this problem aswell, However, the solution is to check the different amazons. (there's actually lots of them, and europe has 5 of them)

The trick to finding the same product on one of the others, is to simply change the country code part of the web address.

So say for example we see this one in USA:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4NZXP5

The '.com" but we just change to
    ".co.uk" for UK
    for example:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D4NZXP5

".fr" for France
    for example:
    http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07D4NZXP5

".de" for Germany
    for example:
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D4NZXP5

".es" for Spain
    for example:
    http://www.amazon.es/dp/B07D4NZXP5

".it" for Italy
    http://www.amazon.it/dp/B07D4NZXP5

There are a tonne more outside of Europe aswell, but being as you're European like, me, those are the ones worth trying first.
    (it can vary from product to product which of the countries will deliver versus which ones do not. it's not always the same, So I always try a bunch of them and try my luck that way)

niijonodhg likes this.
  13. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2018

GuitarHero0179 , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Good tip indeed. We have a similar site but it lacks the depth that Amazon has. I did order from Amazon DE recently and that was perfect. Cheap and fast shipment.

14. OnePlusEleventyThree
    Froyo Jun 11, 2018

OnePlusEleventyThree , Jun 11, 2018 :
    No worries. The good thing about the way they did it was you don't even need to set up new logins for each country's version of amazon. They're all connected, so you just log in as you normally would, and all your account details are already there. What is the name of your site called?

15. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2018

GuitarHero0179 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Bol.com is the site. Lots of stuff there as well but not always the cheapest

16. Zhukov45
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2018

Zhukov45 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    I'm wondering why they gave it a black bezel.

I assume that the OZRLY protector for sale at Amazon here in the US is the same. No one has reviewed it yet and the ratings for all the other TGSP's is abysmal.

niijonodhg likes this.
  17. niijonodhg
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2018

niijonodhg , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Yeah I believe so. Orzly are a UK based company which is why we tend to get it quicker in the UK, but I believe in years past US customers have received the same products.

18. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 12, 2018

meatandy , Jun 12, 2018 :
    I haven't bought any Orzly products since the op3 was launched , Do they still have a industry leading warranty?

19. OnePlusEleventyThree
    Froyo Jun 12, 2018

OnePlusEleventyThree , Jun 12, 2018 :
    I think so. The one I had for my last two models of OnePlus phones each had about 2 years on it, if I remember rightly. Will have to double check if that's still the case for the OnePlus 6 model, but I'd assume so. That said, they're so good, that I never even needed to use the warranty on any of them, so I'm not really the best one to ask. But Orzly's customer service is usually pretty good though whenever I've had questions, so you could always ask them if you're not sure.
    I've even noticed that a reddit channel has been set up for it, so it's possible that someone on there can confirm it for you if you if nobody knows on here yet.

20. aarinnkumarmishra
    Donut Jun 15, 2018

aarinnkumarmishra , Jun 15, 2018 :
    @Jono, Thank you so much for sharing. I just have one question . Would be glad if you could reply:

Does it cover the Oneplus 6 screen completely? (or are the right & left vertical edges left out a bit)...?

Do you feel that's a problem in using the entire screen?

niijonodhg likes this.