Verge threw a bombshell at OP

?

If those of you that have or are considering buying a OPX, is this a deal breaker?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. hotsauce
    Lollipop Nov 13, 2015

2. gorbuha
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

gorbuha , Nov 13, 2015 :
    I was thinking to get a Xiaomi Mi4c after I learned that OPX is basically crippled. But Mi4c is not going to work in the US either. Such a shame... it is such a cool phone...

3. in_matrix
    Froyo Nov 13, 2015

in_matrix , Nov 13, 2015 :
    I have been using OPO on T-Mobile for more than a year. The LTE signal on OPO is spotty, but it doesn't bother me, as long as I can still connect through 3G and HSPA.

Because OPX supports Band2, which OPO doesn't, I am expecting the phone should work better in T-mobile, at least in my area.

4. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Nov 13, 2015

TakeMyMoney , Nov 13, 2015 :
    The One worked flawlessly in the US. On a business trip now and I wondered how this would pan out.

I guess OnePlus didnt realize some people travel when they made the X.

The 2 and X are devices with major trade offs.

Sticking with my one.

Might buy an X just to mess around with it. It's a disposable phone which doesn't require you to be careful with.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  5. iceman111011
    Donut Nov 13, 2015

iceman111011 , Nov 13, 2015 :
    3g is way too slow technology for nowadays. I am utterly disappointed with OPX. How can you seriously launch an incompatible phone. I guess its chinese after all...there's no point in buying a device that can't avail the fastest available data network.

Singh.Chetri likes this.
  6. Singh.Chetri
    Froyo Nov 13, 2015

escrowms likes this.
  7. gorbuha
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

gorbuha , Nov 13, 2015 :
    What do you mean by saying disposable?

8. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Nov 13, 2015

9. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

iPusak Gaoq™ , Nov 13, 2015 :
    Disposable = something that you can throw it into a trash can or in the ocean or in the lake or smash it into pieces without having any regret about it :D

TakeMyMoney likes this.
  10. gorbuha
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

nyzproof333 and Kapitan Nemo like this.
  11. gorbuha
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

gorbuha , Nov 13, 2015 :
    So you are not going to have regrets about the phone what about the $$ spent? Any regrets?

12. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

iPusak Gaoq™ , Nov 13, 2015 :
    if there ever a regrets, it is the regrets buying it in the 1st place....throwing it into a trash can or smash it into pieces is a satisfying feeling :D

TakeMyMoney likes this.
  13. CC Dude
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2015

CC Dude , Nov 13, 2015 :
    Why would I want to buy a brand new phone that's not going to work as good as my old phone does?

nyzproof333 likes this.
  14. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Nov 13, 2015

TakeMyMoney , Nov 13, 2015 :
    I mean that I wouldn't care much if it would break. Like a burner phone.

I am pretty careful with my One, like all my electronics, but the X is dirt cheap and doesn't appear to stand out spec wise.

I will buy one if I can get my hands on the ceramic version. I always wanted a smaller One.

I am a bit disappointed about not being able to travel with it to the US, and again this camera appears to suck.

I wish for once they would include a good camera. Both the One and 2 were just OK, and the one in the X appears to be subpar too.

15. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Nov 13, 2015

nyzproof333 likes this.
  16. gorbuha
    Jelly Bean Nov 13, 2015

gorbuha , Nov 13, 2015 :
    And that's really my issue here. OnePlus' motto is "Never Settle." But I can't see a reality in which you buy the OnePlus X and you're not settling. You'd be settling for a subpar camera, even compared to cheaper devices. You'd be settling for weaker LTE support, which even if you're European will affect you if you plan on roaming. Or you'd be settling for last year's flagship, when you could have this year's for $70 more. OnePlus has proven it can make a competent phone on an even slimmer budget. But it hasn't made one that makes sense over its slightly more expensive cousin, or even one that can justify the price hike over a Moto G.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  17. nyzproof333
    KitKat Nov 13, 2015

nyzproof333 , Nov 13, 2015 :
    *bring in the folks now who will tell you its just a slogan and you shouldn't pay attention to "Never Settle"*

jimberkas likes this.
  18. troitroi
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2015

troitroi , Nov 13, 2015 :
    regarding the engadget-review:

What do you guys say about the quality of the disply of the opx? Is the the gap between the glass and the amoled-panel of the non-laminted display very noticable (as engadgets reviewer claims)?

19. carl2210
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2015

20. Greg0410
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 13, 2015

Greg0410 , Nov 13, 2015 :
    It's also missing an important band for AT&T making it not a good choice on any American GSM network since most, if not all, piggyback on either TMobile or AT&T.

EDIT: Also, let me add that the reason that TMobile requires VoLTE certification to use Band 12 is because it has deep building penetration. So while this is a good thing for a data signal, it can be very bad for a 911 call. Apparently, for some reason I don't understand, when on Band 12 if you go to make a call to 911 it just won't go through. Unlike other bands that can intelligently hand your phone over to a roaming partner for a 911 call, Band 12 cannot.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

bikermondo likes this.