Verizon Network Problem

1. thinkscientist Eclair May 22, 2019

thinkscientist, May 22, 2019 :
    Hi There,

Have the same issue as the one reported on XDA Forums here -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...on-incoming-calls-t3932394/page2#post79579911

Basically when I get incoming calls from Verizon callers, it just drops the call immediately.

I have tried the same sim in another android phone with Pie and this doesn't happen. Sim also works perfectly on iPhone. This issue is related to the OnePlus Pro 7.

If I don't find a resolution I am going to have to return this amazing phone...

Silkdad likes this.
  2. thinkscientist Eclair May 23, 2019

3. Silkdad Donut May 23, 2019

4. Babihrse Cupcake May 23, 2019

Babihrse, May 23, 2019 :
    https://www.droid-life.com/2019/05/...s-7-pro-owners-seeing-dropped-calls-no-texts/

I had issues like this on the first week of owning the one plus 3.
    A patch shortly followed and issue resolved.
    Likely the case here.
    There's a ton of radio settings for the phone but I wouldn't recommend going through those as I managed to Bork myself to having no signal and took alt of trial and error to get back one thing I did find was an app that automatically changed my phone's settings with my carrier. See if Verizon has any app or advice. Either way a patch should follow shortly

5. Silkdad Donut May 23, 2019

Silkdad, May 23, 2019 :
    Unfortunately I use my phone for work and everyone else has iphones. I can't keep this phone for too long if it's not resolved quickly.

6. sharonisms Cupcake May 23, 2019

sharonisms, May 23, 2019 :
    I can do everything on my OnePlus 7 Pro except receive texts.

Verizon won't make my corporate number non-CDMA by adding feature 83856 because my company only uses iPhones and won't approve that change.

What can I do to receive texts?

I cannot use the OnePlus 7 Pro if it cannot receive texts. I'll have to return it. Any ideas that will allow me to keep the phone instead of using an iPhone?

7. redmond.ran Cupcake May 23, 2019

redmond.ran, May 23, 2019 :
    Same issue ,Able to make / receive phone calls /send messages , But not able to receieve text , previous have v30+ has options to choose Global mode , which allow to receive sms , with oneplus 7 pro, there is no option to add Apn, or option to select any network mode other than 2g/3g/4g, no lte/global mode , Looks like all Oneplus phone had this issue with verizon network, lingering for last 3 years

Last edited: May 23, 2019

8. sharonisms Cupcake May 23, 2019

sharonisms, May 23, 2019 :
    Can't believe I have to return a phone I got so excited about buying.

Such a disappointment.

What good are amazing features without basic functionality?

9. HermitDash Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2019

HermitDash, May 23, 2019 :
    Tap into your SIM and you should see the APN section to change APN's.

10. redmond.ran Cupcake May 24, 2019

redmond.ran, May 24, 2019 :
    there is option to modify. but not allowed to add more than one apn,moreover changing apn is not fixing sms issue

understand that call and data works on LTE , but sms uses basic cdma . people in other forums talking about cdma less feature , someone confirmed even with enable on carrier side is also not enable to receive sms , it's works with other Android phone . this is real issue

11. redmond.ran Cupcake May 24, 2019

12. sharonisms Cupcake May 24, 2019

sharonisms, May 24, 2019 :
    Yes. OnePlus needs to come up with an idea or development of some sort. This is such a disappointment after being so excited to purchase this phone.

13. HermitDash Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2019

HermitDash, May 24, 2019 :
    I'm sure it's something on Verizon's side and not OnePlus's. OnePlus is using open source software vs a hardware solution for Verizon since it does not have a CDMA radio inside it.

I've read a little into it that the OnePlus 6T also struggled with SMS for a while then a update popped up and resolved it. The other part of it being that Verizon needed a CDMA-Less Roaming added to your account for SMS to take effect.

14. redmond.ran Cupcake May 24, 2019

redmond.ran, May 24, 2019 :
    IAM on Xfinity mobile where it used Verizon , and Xfinity is not officially supporting android phones unless you buy from them...

do you think one plus can able to fix this with software support or , still need Verizon support to enable the feature on thier front

15. HermitDash Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2019

HermitDash, May 24, 2019 :
    If you want a fast solution hit up Verizon support. If you can wait, wait for OnePlus I guess xD

16. X1558105417925 Cupcake May 24, 2019

X1558105417925, May 24, 2019 :
    I am on Verizon also and have problems with dropped incoming calls from newer IPhones only. I can call them back but cannot answer the incoming calls from the newer IPhones. The older IPhones' calls go through as do Android calls.

17. GMuntz Cupcake May 24, 2019

GMuntz, May 24, 2019 :
    Same problem here: Calls are fine, outbound sms works great, can't receive incoming sms messages. I'm working with Verizon tech support but no resolution yet.

18. 404.php Honeycomb May 24, 2019

Silkdad likes this.
  19. Silkdad Donut May 24, 2019

Silkdad, May 24, 2019 :
    I wish I hadn't put my 6T up for auction on ebay so quickly. The auction ends tomorrow morning, so I have to make a decision today whether I'm keeping my 7 Pro or returning it so I can pull the auction if needed.

I was going to try and 'reactivate' the phone today, but I'm guessing reading your post and others it won't help this problem.

20. sharonisms Cupcake May 24, 2019

sharonisms, May 24, 2019 :
    Call Verizon customer service and request to make your number non-CDMA by adding feature 83856.