Very disappointed with the Kevlar® Cover - anyone else?

1. SenseiNYC
    Donut Nov 20, 2015

SenseiNYC , Nov 20, 2015 :
    Well we got the Kevlar® cover item #0211001702 from OP and surely enough, it's not Kevlar®. I contacted OP about this and the fact that Kevlar® provides protection and they not only dismissed me, but pretty much told me to take a flying leap.

Considering this, I am really upset that they are selling something trademarked as Kevlar® and it's not. I spoke with an attorney and they told me that OP is liable for fraudulent activities and the trademark holder may actually take action against OP.

How can OP think that they can use the trademarked name Kevlar® especially when they are using the ® trademark symbol and it's going to be fine when they are not selling Kevlar® products?

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  2. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Nov 20, 2015

Jawad973 , Nov 20, 2015 :
    "I spoke with an attorney and they told me that OP is liable for fraudulent activities and the trademark holdermay actually take action against OP." This is the moment when you take things too far.

Ceasedd, wedad, asbondre and 7 others like this.
  3. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 20, 2015

Spliffman , Nov 20, 2015 :
    Ok if it's not Kevlar, what is it? Have you had it analyzed in a laboratory? I have a Kevlar cover and I love it.

benluca and osich like this.
  4. fgrhuhrg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2015

5. SenseiNYC
    Donut Nov 20, 2015

The product number listed is for the Kevlar cover but the packing has the same product number but says "Karbon", which means they are doing a bait and switch. The cover is clearly a type of polymer plastic and not Kevlar (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevlar) and also has none of the Kevlar properties (http://www.dupont.com/products-and-...wovens/fibers/articles/kevlar-properties.html). You really do not need to send it to a lab for testing to see that they did a bait and switch.

Yes the cover is really sweet looking but is truly not Kevlar and I wanted something protective which is why I purchased this. Obviously what I got was just pretty plastic.

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  6. brittonraya
    Lollipop Nov 20, 2015

brittonraya , Nov 20, 2015 :
    I didn't actually believe its real kevlar mate. It's 20 dollars. Go ahead and file a suit if you want.... Just get a bamboo one then

SoniaB likes this.
  7. escrowms
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2015

8. fgrhuhrg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2015

fgrhuhrg , Nov 20, 2015 :
    Exactly, its a phone, not a piece of armor

Ceasedd, jj_3j and gringoboy like this.
  9. mwayner
    Lollipop Nov 20, 2015

Ceasedd and gringoboy like this.
  10. escrowms
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2015

escrowms , Nov 20, 2015 :
    Sometimes I also wonder why Gorilla® glass isn't made from gorilla's ***.

benluca, asbondre, jj_3j and 4 others like this.
  11. escrowms
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2015

12. Deactivated User
    Nov 20, 2015

13. Ban Hammer
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2015

14. wmm
    KitKat Nov 20, 2015

wmm , Nov 20, 2015 :
    The product description for the "Karbon" cover says that it uses genuine Dupont Kevlar material. What is your ground for disputing that claim?

Baymax likes this.
  15. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Nov 20, 2015

SoniaB , Nov 20, 2015 :
    The Rosewood is a very thin veneer on top of plastic. Is everyone going to contact their lawyers because the Rosewood back is not completely all wood? No, they are not.

16. SenseiNYC
    Donut Nov 20, 2015

Go to court? If they sell an item marked as Kevlar and people buy the item thinking it is Kevlar, when Kevlar provides protection and the item you purchased offers NO protection, don't you think you were wronged?

viufinslamort and bakerbarber like this.
  17. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Nov 20, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Nov 20, 2015 :
    It is common knowledge that "genuine" OP cases and screen protectors are generally inferior in quality to those of other manufacturers. There is a reason why OPO, OP2, and OPX owners very often buy the products of such companies as Diztronic, Cruzelite, Nillkin, Spigen, Evolutive Labs, etc. My Diztronic case bought more than a year ago looks almost like new, and my Anoke tempered glass screen protector is still where it is supposed to be.:)

18. SenseiNYC
    Donut Nov 20, 2015

Well the shameful part is that they posted it as Kevlar with the registered trademark symbol ® which then makes it illegal.

What I am asking is who else is disappointed with the fact that they purchased a Kevlar ® cover and received a simple piece of pretty plastic, that is all.

19. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Nov 20, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Nov 20, 2015 :
    If you browse the forum threads, you will see that this question was discussed before. The question under discussion was whether it was Kevlar or Carbon, as both were mentioned. And why it was called "Karbon." The consensus, as far as I remember, was that both were just names and the actual material had nothing or very little to do with the actual name(s). The moral of this fable is "always research before you buy.":)

benluca likes this.
  20. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 20, 2015

Spliffman , Nov 20, 2015 :
    I think the Gorilla union should get a lawyer and sue all phone company's for using their brand. I think Gorilla glue actually pays royalties to the gorillas, but Corning has not signed any contracts with them.

benluca, Ceasedd and escrowms like this.