Very Dissappointed.

1. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

Borijess3, May 23, 2019 :
    I ordered my 7 pro on the first day and minute it was avaiable online. I received it on the 21st and less than 24hrs later i am having issues.The phones AMOLED seems to be shifted slightly to the right. Causing the phone to look like it has larger bezels on the left hand side. Also the phone was overheating yesterday. I got popup notice on my phone warning phone was too hot. Very dissappointed with product. Had the phone for less than 24hrs and all these issues. Now OnePlus is going to charge me to ship back their defective device. I didnt have the phone for one day and now I have to pay extra. Not my fault I received a defective device. I should at least get a return labe. If anyone from Oneplus is reading this help me out or you might be losing a good customer!

T1N-M4N likes this.
  2. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 23, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 23, 2019 :
    Can you please take and share a photo?

3. toastytoast1234 Lollipop May 23, 2019

toastytoast1234, May 23, 2019 :
    Who's that, do we know them?

The1Lion, SJBoss and LeighBergerac like this.
  4. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

Here is a pic. Under direct sunlight you can see the larger Gap between bezel and AMOLED. Difficult to see in this pic but very pronounced and difficult to ignore.
    1558607354679.jpg

5. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2019

Tobikage, May 23, 2019 :
    A photo without the case would have worked better.

Preferable the phone resting on a flat surface like a table or something and not held at an angle or off center.

6. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

you are right but I was trying my best to show it. just so frustrated with this.

Tobikage likes this.
  7. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2019

Tobikage, May 23, 2019 :
    I'm saying it'd be make for better presentation for your case.
    That's a bunch of bulls#it.
    OnePlus should be replacing the defective phone without any questions and charges if they cant handle simple aligning the ******* display even.

Maverick2.0, The1Lion and Borijess3 like this.
  8. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 23, 2019

dsmonteiro, May 23, 2019 :
    Hi there,

Was it Customer Support that told you that you'd have to pay to ship back the device? You should qualify for a full refund or replacement, especially if the device is defective.

9. Tobikage Marshmallow May 23, 2019

Tobikage, May 23, 2019 :
    *defective

A damaged device won't be replaced you know. o_O

Maverick2.0 and dsmonteiro like this.
  10. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

I opened a ticket and last I heard is that Acer will not pay for return shipping label. I spoke to Customer service at OnePlus and they said they will waiting for the email. I have read other that have issues did not get prepaid return labels.
    1558610474613.jpg

11. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

12. jurschel Honeycomb May 23, 2019

jurschel, May 23, 2019 :
    Oh yea FYI if you do an RMA they don't send you a label or anything to ship it back. That shipping AND insurance is all on you the customer. Below is the pertinent information from my RMA regarding packing and shipping.

3. Preparing your OnePlus Product for Packaging
    Please remove additional accessories and personal items from your device.
    Please make sure you back up all of your data as your device may need to be factory reset during the return process.
    If you are approved for a Return RMA, please include all original OnePlus accessories bundled with the device along with the original retail box.
    Please package your device with sufficient protection to ensure that the device is not damaged in transit. Damage through improper packaging will not be covered by your Standard Manufacturer’s Warranty.
    We recommend:
    Using 3 to 5 inches of bubble wrap to protect your product.
    Using 3 inch wide plastic packing tape or 3 inch wide reinforced water-activated paper tape to seal the box.
    Removing or covering all old labels if you are reusing packaging.
    Leaving room on the largest flat surface of your package for a shipping label to be applied.
    Placing your name, phone number, Case ID, and IMEI Number in the upper left corner of the Package.
    Do not use Carrier Mail Packs.
    Do not use Envelopes.
    Do not use Styrofoam popcorn or peanuts.

4. Shipping your OnePlus Product
    We recommend the following:
    Use a Trackable Carrier Only (Fedex, UPS, Purolator, etc.)
    Keep a copy of your Airbill/Waybill; it is your only proof of shipment.
    We recommend that you insure your package; any damage incurred in shipping will not be covered under the Standard Manufacturer’s Warranty. If your product is damaged in shipping, you will need to contact your carrier to file a claim.
    In order to ensure your OnePlus product is received as soon as possible, please ship your product to the following address.
    Acer Return Center
    A OnePlus Service Partner
    3918 Range Road, Suite B
    TEMPLE, TX 76504
    If you plan to drop off your product at the Acer Return Center address above, please note the product does not need to be packaged as if it were to be shipped into the center.
    The Temple and Canadian centers accept drop off units Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 4:00pm local time.

13. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

They told my they would refund shipping cost once phone is inspected. What did you return your for?

1558643457218.jpg

14. jurschel Honeycomb May 23, 2019

jurschel, May 23, 2019 :
    My phone is stuck in a bootloop right out of the box until the battery comes down below 50% then it works better but still randomly reboots. When charged up over 60ish% it locks and reboots about once every minute or two.

15. jurschel Honeycomb May 23, 2019

jurschel, May 23, 2019 :
    I think they're lying to you about refunding your shipping costs. How would they refund that to you store credit?

16. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

wow that stinks. when did you send it in?

17. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

you might be right but I will give it a try once they inspect.

18. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

I shipped mine today UPS with insurance 27 dollars. should get there next Wednesday.

19. jurschel Honeycomb May 23, 2019

jurschel, May 23, 2019 :
    I'm shipping mine out today after work. I'll overnight it and see if it helps. Honestly, I think that ASUS will be swamped with RMAs for this phone by next week. I am seeing a LOT of problems on the forum and the forum users are the more tech savvy of us. Imagine how many regular joe blo people are calling etc...

20. Borijess3 Eclair May 23, 2019

they were going to charge me 70 bucks to overnight. I did not want to pay that much. just in case they do not refund shipping.