Sound

very low call volume issue

1. W1511852153272 Cupcake May 29, 2018

W1511852153272, May 29, 2018 :
    I got the same problem. Just got an update. It has a new camera UI but earpiece low volume is still the same. Reset or cleaning earpiece didn't work either. I'm really disappointed with OnePlus for this. Otherwise I'm a big fan of their devices.

2. dragosciofu Donut Jun 4, 2018

dragosciofu, Jun 4, 2018 :
    OK, listen up cause I'm only gonna say this once.
    The problems you are facing are because the speaker grill is dirty AF.

Get a T2 screwdriver, a 000 philips head and open up your device, if you're not a complete girly man, tear that mofo down and get to the speaker. There's a guide from ifixit; just google earpiece replacement oneplus 3t.

Remove the speaker with a pair of tweezers. Then remove the small black dense cloth that's separating it from the other side. Now very carefully pour a couple of drops of isopropyl alcohol into the speaker cavity, from the inside. Let it sit for one second, cause that sh... is volatile as hell, then blow the residue with a canister of compressed air.

Repeat that twice or three times until you can actually see through the speaker grill. It's your sweat, dead skin cells, fat from your greasy face and dust that's blocking you from actually hearing the speaker.

Put that mofo back up, cloth, speaker, motherboard, ribbon cables, then test it out. If it doesn't work, I'll personally send you a replacement speaker. (I bought two from ebay but it didn't make any difference until I cleaned the greasy *** grill like I said above).

Enjoy your as-new phone and stop whining on forums cause you have a greasy earlobe.

Peace out.

3. akkireddyashok987 Gingerbread Jun 6, 2018

akkireddyashok987, Jun 6, 2018 :
    Hey Crystal Z/OnePlus Team,

Why was this issue not taken seriously?

We have been facing this issue since 3 months. till now no proper resolution

Lot of people had uploaded the above requested docs too.. where is the resolution?

My phone is OnePlus 3. I had been saying to all of them that still my phone works just like it was on day One, till 3 months ago.. Now, i stopped doing it...
    Phone : OP3
    Current OS: Oxygen 5.0.3

Common, dont do this to your OnePlus3 users. After all, we are also one of your customers.

Is this a part of a plan to move oneplus 3 users to buy oneplus 6???
    @Carl @Pete

4. matt06 Donut Jun 6, 2018

5. akkireddyashok987 Gingerbread Jun 7, 2018

akkireddyashok987, Jun 7, 2018 :

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ry-low-volume-since-3-months-op3-op3t.848329/

Cast your vote here on this issue

6. akkireddyashok987 Gingerbread Jun 7, 2018

akkireddyashok987, Jun 7, 2018 :

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ry-low-volume-since-3-months-op3-op3t.848329/

Cast your vote here on this issue

Submitted a bug report. Please look /comment into this bug thread to highlight the issue
    the More comments,the more views, the high priority issue becomes

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-on-high-volume-bar-too.848498/#post-18578051

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018

7. akkireddyashok987 Gingerbread Jun 7, 2018

8. F_Młyński_Wiesław_ndjK Cupcake Jun 12, 2018

F_Młyński_Wiesław_ndjK, Jun 12, 2018 :
    For all problem with low volume of our One Plus3 is one solution - is DUST!
    To fix it, You have to dissasembly Your phone, get off main board with both cameras, get off speaker and... unstick a rabber with black material very carefully. Under material You will find a lot of dust. You have to cleaning it as long, as You can't see the light across the metal wire mesh. I was do it by the wet active mousse and dry it by the compressed air. After all I assembly back the phone i drop down the VOLUME, because now is to HIGH!
    Good Lock everyone! IMG-20180611-WA0009.jpg IMG-20180611-WA0010.jpg IMG-20180611-WA0011.jpg

9. bs83 Donut Jun 14, 2018

bs83, Jun 14, 2018 :
    i can absolutely confirm that! with my op3 same issue. i spent hours and hours to find the software bug, but there wasn't one ... its only dust, and a lot of it. you don't see it until you remove this fine mesh material

wintermute87 likes this.
  10. wintermute87 Cupcake Jun 15, 2018

wintermute87, Jun 15, 2018 :
    I can confirm the dust-solution of F_Młyński_Wiesław_ndjK!
    I tried to exchange the speaker and to perform the speaker level adjustment of post (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-on-high-volume-bar-too.848498/#post-18578051) but nothing worked.
    To clean the big chamber which is underneath the speaker and underneath an additional foil underneath the speaker (which is quite hard to disassemble) worked for me very well.

If you like to know, how much effort it is to get to the speaker, please also have a look to this lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&reload=9&v=TVHO3CVt8hs

11. G_arpit_thakre_chCn Cupcake Jun 19, 2018

G_arpit_thakre_chCn, Jun 19, 2018 :
    I've also same problem with my device volume of earpiece is very low during calls.

12. G_Uplabdhi_Singh_mKwi Cupcake Jun 24, 2018

13. T1529824800902 Cupcake Jun 24, 2018

T1529824800902, Jun 24, 2018 :
    just got my new one plus 6 yesterday , even with full volume setting for ring , media and notifications , the volume is toooo low . How to resolve it? or shall I return the piece and get it replaced ? is it a common issue with all one plus or only with my handset ? please help to resolve this issue asap.
    thank you

14. ifontaine Cupcake Jul 1, 2018

ifontaine, Jul 1, 2018 :
    Read above. I have change my speaker and I did not have a better sound. I re-open my phone and I confirm the post above: The headspeaker grill was pack jamed with dust and you could not see through, I shoot air pressure in the mesh and wow that was a clean up I could see very well through the mesh. So well that I believed I lost the mesh. That solved the issue.

The earpiece mesh gathers all the crap as to completely fill the meshed and prevent the sounds to get out.

15. maciej.panecki Cupcake Jul 4, 2018

maciej.panecki, Jul 4, 2018 :
    This worked for me as well. Great tips.

16. kotudo Cupcake Aug 3, 2018

kotudo, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Same problem here and after remplace the speaker, wipe data and reinstall update, the problem still continues, just a lose of money & time. Then i tried to clean the metal mesh and It finally slove the problem. Now i can hear as the first day with the original speaker. Thanks for the solution. To all the people with the same issue, just clean your speaker!!!

Paschfire likes this.
  17. Moski81 Cupcake Aug 13, 2018

Moski81, Aug 13, 2018 :
    I also had this problem. After cleaning the speaker from the inside, I now have to decrease the volume during the conversation. :p:p

18. bemymonkey Cupcake Sep 26, 2018

bemymonkey, Sep 26, 2018 :
    Oh wow. Thank you guys for the explanation. Cleaning the earpiece from the outside took about 3 minutes with a few drops of isopropanol and a q-tip. Much better now - I expect cleaning from the inside will be even better, but I can't be arsed to take apart my OP3T.

19. sihil Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

sihil, Oct 24, 2018 :
    I don't buy the cleaning the earpiece as a solution, at least for my 3T.

When I use an app such as Skype or WhatsApp to make a call the volume is more than fine, it is only phone calls that are way to quiet. So much so that I have to turn the volume down when using such apps whilst the maximum volume still isn't enough for the GSM phone app.

I'm now looking to upgrade and seriously wondering if I trust OnePlus again, or whether I go for a safer choice. Anyone got experience of the call volume on the 6?

20. mani1304 Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

mani1304, Nov 2, 2018 :
    I was facing the same problem with my OP3, I think after new update. I did factory reset, but it didn't work, but then I rebooted it and it's working fine now.
    Hope it will help

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018