Very Pathetic Photos In The Night

1. Kaizaadbanaji
    Froyo Jul 7, 2019

Kaizaadbanaji , Jul 7, 2019 :
    1562514998433.jpg

1562514998512.jpg

1562514998587.jpg
    Here Are Some Of The Worst Photos Ever Captured In Night In The Auto Mode On The One Plus 6T. Please Do Not Do This To Users

2. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jul 7, 2019

Kytharsis likes this.
  3. Nichrome
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2019

Kytharsis likes this.
  4. nitramcek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2019

nitramcek , Jul 7, 2019 :
    Clearly you doing something wrong or is something wrong with your phone. I have/had OnePlus 6 and it makes way way better photos even in dark

5. belc
    Donut Jul 7, 2019

belc , Jul 7, 2019 :
    Agreed.

nitramcek likes this.
  6. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2019

nitramcek likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Jul 8, 2019

Kytharsis and Vansh99 like this.
  8. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2019

LegolasX , Jul 8, 2019 :
    clearly not everyone becomes a photographer just because they bought a camera phone.

B_Wrath and ngydat like this.
  9. cdnfarmer
    KitKat Jul 8, 2019

cdnfarmer , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Hi. I understand your frustrations. Let's see what is happening. I have an OP 6 and don't have the same problems. Here is what I see in the pictures provided and what I've found.
    1. What mode are you using (auto vs Pro)? What version are you using?
    2. Have to hold phone still even after the shutter button was clicked. The sensors need time to process the little light etc. The pictures look blurry due to movement. And it really doesn't take much for movement to cause this effect.
    3. Looks like the iso may be too high and why the picture is grainy. By reducing the iso, you may need to adjust WB, aperture and maybe focus.
    4. Have you tried Nightscape? You Have to hold your phone steady when capturing. You need some lighta it seems like you may have enough in the pictures you provided.
    Suggestions:
    1. Play around with pro mode.. alter iso and then WB and shutter speed.
    2. I suggest lowering iso. I've found between 500-800 with 640 being best for most night shots with little light to work best. But along with altering iso, the shutter speed or WB or focus and/or a combination of the he above made a difference. You have to try the various settings and find the right combination. This will depend on what you are taking a picture of.
    3. Nightscape may help... Maybe. But you have to hold the camera steady during the capture phase even a split second afterwards.
    4. Highly suggest reviewing some of the tutorials in the photography section.
    5. This tutorial on pro mode is helpful.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019

drl431, B_Wrath and Kaizaadbanaji like this.
  10. Kaizaadbanaji
    Froyo Jul 8, 2019

11. Kaizaadbanaji
    Froyo Jul 8, 2019

12. cdnfarmer
    KitKat Jul 8, 2019

How is it more screwed? Example? Is it the last picture provided?

Try pro mode. There you will have lots of flexibility and can control iso and other parameters that will make a big difference. Or at least it should. Remember to practice.

13. Kaizaadbanaji
    Froyo Jul 8, 2019

Kaizaadbanaji , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Yes

14. cdnfarmer
    KitKat Jul 8, 2019

Ok. So you have to consider where the light is coming from. It seems like it is behind the trees. Nightscape lightens up some aspects o(e.g. the highlights) picture and why you see the green as is and the shadow around the trees. You probably would get a very different picture or outcome if the source of light was in front of the trees. So you may need to play around on location of where you are taking the pictures. Focal points. How about reviewing the pro mode tutorial. Then trying pro mode to take a similar pictures. Lower iso to about 640. You will notice lots will be darker so you can play with exposure , WB , and shutter speed to alter the amount and type of light being used. If it's too dark increase the iso but I recommend staying below 1000.

One more thing that I noticed while looking at the pictures, avoid zooming. It works best cropping the captured Picture. .

B_Wrath and drl431 like this.