Viber rotaded pictures in gallery via OnePlus 7T Pro

1. simonovicc
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2020

simonovicc , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 25, 2020 :
    hi everyone. i have a strange problem on oneplus 7tpro with latest oxygen 10.0.5 and latest viber app. when i try to send photos from viber and i open vibers picture selector. all of the photos that are shot with camera are rotaded 90 degrees.. only shota thats made in landscape are ok. but some of them are even rotaded 180.. does anyone have same problem?

2. RobbM
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2020

3. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Jan 26, 2020

cdnfarmer , Jan 26, 2020 :
    I don't use Viber but in the regular gallery app especially for pictures taken in landscape orientation they display turned by 90°.i.e. rotated by 90°. I've also run in to this problem using a compression app. I think it has to do with the code for landscape vs portrait orientation in OP. I rotate it back and save the picture. But I don't take many pictures in landscape orientation so it's limited.

You can Talk with the app developer. And you can also submit a bug report to OnePlus. There is a feedback tool through the community app.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020

4. simonovicc
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2020

simonovicc , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 26, 2020 :
    i tryed to talk to them but they dont understand whats the problem.. it seems that my english is that bad!

5. RobbM
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2020

RobbM , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jan 26, 2020 :
    I have just downloaded and set up the Viber app to test your problem and I was experiencing the same issue with the app using the built in photo selector.

This is definitely NOT a OnePlus bug. I've never experienced this with Gallery, nor any other app I've used.

The only way you'll get this fixed is by contacting the app developer directly, making sure your use screenshots as examples so even if they struggle to understand your English (which isn't that bad), they can see physical evidence of your issue.

6. aavion
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2020

aavion , Feb 6, 2020 :
    Maybe it's not that easy to blame viber... I face the same issue with Outlook (all images shot with the stock camera are rotated when attaching them to an email, when I use gmail, the images are fine).

7. simonovicc
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2020

simonovicc likes this.